It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Fired - Promises Disclosure

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
there are no UFO´s.

UFO is by definition an Unidentified Flying Object. I've seen one, it could not be explained. So you don't need to tell me that what I saw was a mass hallucination, as there were a few dozen people with me.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Matyas,

I, like Buddhasystem, have no idea where that comment came from. But, nevertheless, I would like to address it, even if it's off-topic.

Originally posted by MatyasWhy is it so difficult for you to accept that life may be far more prolific than we originally thought?

I (speaking only for myself) have no idea how prolific life is in our galaxy or universe.

But I do know, according to our best scientific knowledge (and we can know this pretty good), that all Life on Earth is related. This means that on our home -- this garden of virility where life has every chance to thrive -- Life has established itself once.

Like all mysteries, let's take that for what it's worth.

1: Perhaps Life is unlikely to thrive and we are an exception.
2: Perhaps Life is likely to thrive and one strain of life (and I'm not even talkin' phylums here) eats up all the other strains. (Not likely for, I hope, are obvious reasons.)
3: Perhaps Life is likely to thrive but it hasn't because 5 billions years isn't enough time for Life to establish itseolf on a planet more than once.

Since all Life on Earth is related, and we are told by the "experts" that the universe is about 15 billion years old, you might guess that I'd lean toward #1.

But, I am not convinced that the universe is "15 billion years old". That assertion, on it's face (and for too many reasons to get into in this thread), seems absurd to me.

I'll be happy to get a discussion of that in another thread should one of us care to start it.

EDIT: Look below.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
I'll be happy to get a discussion of that in another thread should one of us care to start it.

Thread started here:

How Old Is The Universe And Why?

I can honestly say that I am almost salivating to see some of the responses if I am fortunate to see some of those I have encountered here participate in that thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Well, actually I made that comment because BS said:

There were solid, undeniable facts presented that, beyond a shadow of doubt proved the extensive nature of alien presence on our planet.

And I, not being new, arrived forearmed with the preconceived notion BS was being facetious, just shy of snarky. So I felt the urge to call him out on it, and as the pattern has it, from an emotional position. We still have some unsettled Moondust to address.

As a result, I was not consistent enough to cite his remark, which left a few folks scratching their heads. My position, whether or not BS accepts it, is (that) we are far from alone, and if we could temporarily set aside the stereotyping, spin, bullying, belittling and peer pressure, then we just may get a glimpse of the greater world.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Life is the rule, not the exception.

To me, the "proof" is the fact that all live that we see on earth seems to follow general shapes that are very fractal in nature. When you look at our parts on a cellular level, they are fractal as well.

Our biology has recently been found to be somewhat "self assembling". Many of the proteins that make up our DNA have been found to assemble themselves into patterns that are easily recognizable. One postulation (which i agree with) is that there are geometrically influenced electromagnetic forces, for want of a better term, that influence this self assembly. Basically, end X seems to migrate towards end y, end m, and end r (to be as non-technical as you can possibly be
).

Life is the rule. It will sprout up anywhere that turmiol doesn't stifle it. I like to wonder if "alien" life isn't right here among us, unseen, existing in a slightly different "phase" than us.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hello, bigfatfurrytexan,

Just a comment about your last post...it is excellent, and would be really useful on another thread I have been watching that is asking for 'proof' of 'creationism'.

OK, I've been more than just watching, I admit...been posting too...

Your expertise might come in handy, if you're up for it...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Many of the proteins that make up our DNA have been found to assemble themselves into patterns that are easily recognizable. One postulation (which i agree with) is that there are geometrically influenced electromagnetic forces, for want of a better term, that influence this self assembly.

Let me tell you a little secret .. The DNA make up the proteins not the other way around. The DNA is built by 4 bases ( Guanine, Cytosine, Thymine and Ddenine ) So, inside a Genome, there are sequences of nucleoids on a DNA string that defines/make up the protein.

Are we clear?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

tep...isn't it 'Adenine'? Simple typo, I know...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes indeed
I don't use my own keyboard at the moment. This one is so small and stupid. Sorry about that ..

but then again, I'm the master of typos .. so get used to it .. hehe

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

Don't sweat it... even I get typelexia at 3 am... isn't it marvelous that we have weedwacker in our midsts to pounce on us for every little slip?

I still think he is an English teacher... grade school... maybe runs the local spelling bee...

I could be wrong but.... old habits die hard

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Don't sweat it... even I get typelexia at 3 am... isn't it marvelous that we have weedwacker in our midsts to pounce on us for every little slip?

I still think he is an English teacher... grade school... maybe runs the local spelling bee...

I could be wrong but.... old habits die hard

Ah, I really can't blame the hours.. It was 08:00 in the morning at my place. ( Norway ).. I really do have typos

Btw: I might think weedwacker is a pilot? Not judging by his nick that is ..

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Has this thread gone way off topic or is it just me. I was hoping to read more about what the thread is about but guess thats not gonna happen but hey i should of known that a thread with over 1000 posts would have to get off topic somewhere. But anyway has anyone read this book from this Dr. ken guy and is it worth reading?

[edit on 17-1-2008 by xHADEEZx]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xHADEEZx

Yes, this has gone out of the "tracks" for some time, probably because the promised disclosure is still a promise.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"Yes, this has gone out of the "tracks" for some time, probably because the promised disclosure is still a promise. "

Or maybe it was NEVER a promise, only a deceptive 'tease' to get the target audience to shell out the money for the book.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JimO

In fact, I don't remember (and I don't have the time for looking for it now) if they (the official book promoters) ever presented it as a "disclosure", but there is probably someone who does remember it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Btw: I might think weedwacker is a pilot? Not judging by his nick that is ..

So he claims... he spent a lot of time 'calling out' John to prove John was a pilot and John posted his documents... and he claims a LOT of flying hours but was not kind enough to offer us any proof so we have to take his word at it don't we?

Perhaps 'weedwacker" is a flying term (if your low to the ground.....
)

All the pilots I know drink a lot and don't worry much about spelling errors

Funny thing that NASA report on Air Safety says the same thing (about the drinking) It was one factor in them wanting to hide the document

[edit on 17-1-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

All the pilots I know drink a lot and don't worry much about spelling errors

You are in a swell company, Zorgon. Is John also a heavy drinker?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
You are in a swell company, Zorgon. Is John also a heavy drinker?

Ummm define 'heavy'

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xHADEEZx
But anyway has anyone read this book from this Dr. ken guy and is it worth reading?

The book is from Hoagland and Enterprise Mission... and yes its worth reading... however don't expect any new disclosure. The main reason this thread has 'drifted' is there is nothing new since the original 'promise'

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

however don't expect any new disclosure. The main reason this thread has 'drifted' is there is nothing new since the original 'promise'

you seem to be saying that the thread was given a sensational topic, which was not warranted, and that people's expectation's were cynically betrayed. I agree with this assessment, and we all have to thank you for this situation.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join