It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Book of Nostradamas: Picture of a Mushroom Cloud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Lost Bookof Nostradamas: Picture of a Mushroom Cloud?

picasaweb.google.com

As I was watching the Lost Book of Nostradamus last night as many of you have already, they showed an interesting picture yet no remark from what I remember was made about a particular icon in that picture.... It looked a lot like a "mushroom cloud" at first glance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
picasaweb.google.com

[edit on 29-10-2007 by rbaker20]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Give me your guy's input about it becuase it certainly looks like it too me and I'm a bit surprised no else has picked up on it, wel at least to my knowledge.

picasaweb.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Did nostradamas himself draw that picture?!? It does look like a mushroom cloud, or it can just be a crappy drawing of a tree... we will probably never know!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
actually i noticed the exact same thing in that plate they were talking about its a man holding a book and in english on one page it says one male on the other page it shows a tree which looks alot like a mushroom cloud i have a thread about a interpretation of one of the plates if you wanted to check it out. but as soon as i saw that i thought it looked like a mushroom cloud. i cant seem to find a picture of it online though.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ok. Well I'm glad its not just me who thinks it looks like a mushroom cloud. Thats Nostradamus for you....always making you think and ponder.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
When I first looked at the picture on the link I think it could have been a mushroom cloud also. Then I took a second look and I thought it could be a tree. So really the only reason I thought it was a mushroom cloud first was because I read the paragraph which I expected to see a mushroom cloud. Just is right, I think it is all in interpretation.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah and that could be what Nostradamus wanted, for us to interpret the images and quatrans he provided. To give us that little nudge in the right direction without reveiling too much.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'll have to be a member of "It's a tree" camp. Nostradomus is way overrated anyway.
But I do believe prophecy as showing a way things CAN end up is possible but I don't accept the idea of a fixed in place, iron clad "fate". To quote Terminator "The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves." And I know it was taken from another source but hearing it while watching that movie most readily comes to mind.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by WraothAscendant]

[edit on 26-12-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think it's a tree too. It does bear a striking resemblance to a mushroom cloud, but the fact that the top appears to be a shade of green and trunk a shade of brown indicates, to me at least, that it's a tree.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In sum way it can be seen as a mushroom cloud as the age of Pisces comes to its end.
Although I cant think of significance for the archer I can only assume a 'guardian' or a fight back will play a part.

The beareded king (or is it a queen) not sure.
The wheel looks nautical to me.

Or of course at can be just a tree and just like others have said once you read the title of this thread your instinct is to find what you are told to look for.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The next page in the series has a tree that looks very much like the tree / cloud shown on your page there.......so I'm going with tree, also.

I was somewhat disapointed with the recently televised program.......they seemed more interested in hyping their own ideas of apocalypse, and less inclined to simply show the book and give us the facts......

The illustrations actually gave me the feeling that I was looking at a set of Tarot card designs.......

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
The next page in the series has a tree that looks very much like the tree / cloud shown on your page there.......so I'm going with tree, also.

I was somewhat disapointed with the recently televised program.......they seemed more interested in hyping their own ideas of apocalypse, and less inclined to simply show the book and give us the facts......

The illustrations actually gave me the feeling that I was looking at a set of Tarot card designs.......

Yes it is most likely a tree, and I do not believe in tarot cards lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005

Yes it is most likely a tree, and I do not believe in tarot cards lol.

You do not believe in Tarot cards.......as in you do not believe they exist, or as in you do not believe they can be used to 'tell the future'?? (lol)

The wheel, and the tower plates are the ones that really jump out as very similar to Tarot card faces.....I believe they ( tarot cards) did exist in that time, (1503 - 1566).

... the four suits of tarot and modern playing cards probably originated with a 14th-century Muslim deck

source:
skepdic.com...

I don't recall ever hearing that Nostradamus used the Tarot as a 'foretelling' tool, but since these illustrations didn't seem to come with a good explaination of their meanings, I do wonder......

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Count me in the 'it's a tree' camp. Trees, wheels, etc. . . . can be symbolic and can have many different meanings. The drawings as well as the qautrains are very subjective. It's like looking at clouds, Oh look, I see a bunny!

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
OK you guys it's on again right now at 5p est on the history channel. If you've missed it now is your chance to see it. The lost book is on right now!

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think the thing that makes me think this is 99% a tree is the brown and green color difference.

If it was the same color i would be more open minded.

Only thing i could add to question if it was a tree or not is if this picture we see is a true representation of the picture from the source.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Its a tree It's could be representing the tree of knowledge But id say 100% a tree you can see it is,Its green and brown

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Thanks for that link! Good pictures! There is a slideshow of 21 images at HistoryChannel.com also.

I was more interested in the pictures than anything else – and I really couldn’t tell, from the program, what the book actually contains – as far as words. I’m assuming it is just a collection of the Centuries and Almanacs which we’ve already had. I’m not sure if I missed it or what? I watched it twice already, too.

I was somewhat disappointed with the recently televised program.......they seemed more interested in hyping their own ideas of apocalypse, and less inclined to simply show the book and give us the facts......

My sentiments EXACTLY! :shk:
I don’t watch TV except for the History Channel and a little bit of the science and travel channels – and even though I learn a lot from the programs, lately I am growing very tired of the rut into which the majority of commentary has gotten stuck! Doom and gloom – terror and devastation!

I was not happy with the brief shots of the illustrations, and they didn’t show them in a way to let the audience assimilate the concepts in a coherent fashion.

Another thought we both had! And I also saw many elements from heraldry designs (the artwork traditionally depicted on family crests and what-not). The latter of which not many people are familiar with, these days.

Nostradamus’s flaming tower is uncannily similar to the Tower card in the Tarot deck. In the Tarot, the tower signifies great change and tumultuous upheaval – the destruction of the old society to make way for the new is one possible interpretation.

The Wheel of Fortune card also came to my mind when looking at the illustrations.

The 8-spoked wheel is called a Katherine Wheel in heraldry and traditionally represents the instrument of the martyrdom of St. Catherine – who was one of the angels that led Joan of Arc to battle and victory - along with St. Margaret and St. Michael.

Here is a blog of someone who evidently was involved with the program – it might be interesting to some. If you dig around a bit in his blog, he talks about the alignment of the divine and mundane cross that was mentioned on the program - which is also represented by the Katherine Wheel – and also connected with the symbol of the Tree of Life – which I am almost 100% certain is what the ‘mushroom cloud’ was meant to be…the Tree of Knowledge is behind us but the Tree of Life is ahead of us.

I personally think that this book is somehow originated from Nostradamus – the fact that the manuscript was probably written by up to three different people, none of them Nostradamus, doesn’t really mean that it is not his work; before the printing press, there were scribes.
The idea seems to be that this was something highly regarded and carefully preserved through the centuries; and if so, then the possibility of it being re-copied one or more times in order to preserve, or perhaps duplicate it, seems more than reasonable.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Interesting that none of these links work anymore.

top topics

join