It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Haunts Kids Playground *Video*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is kinda freaky, when you read the article you think yeah, just another spooky story, but the video speaks for itself.

A ‘HAUNTED’ playground swing that rocks backwards and forwards on its own for days has scientists baffled.

Parents and children are convinced a ghost is to blame.

They were so spooked they reported the swing to cops after it began moving four months ago.

The phenomenon flummoxed police, who called physics professors into Firmat, Argentina.

But so far the boffins have failed to find a logical explanation.

Locals claim the seat moves nonstop for TEN DAYS before stopping dead, while other swings remain still.

Teacher Maria de Silva Agustina said yesterday: “One child called it the Blair Witch Playground. We believe it is haunted.”

Academics have now ruled out magnetic and electrical fields, and winds – and called in ghosthunters.

Video.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I have seen something similar, while working on "The Biggest Loser", shooting at Camarilo state hospital (currently on NBC) I witnessed a door opening and close repeteadly for 10 minutes, while all other doors reamained shut. There was no aircirculation going on at all. We (the crew) all saw and heard some very weird things.

Check the 2nd link for pics of the place....Truly disturbing place, and credit goes out to those overweight folks for even wanna stay in those dorms for months on end.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.fattony99.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
AH that was too cool!!!

I am curious what that black thing is on the ground though. Anyone know?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It doesn't look real.

When a person is swinging in a swing, it moves forward and backward evenly. This swing is also moving to the left and right... as if someone grabs one side and pulls it.

There could be some magnetic trick going on that's causing this behavior.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ellroy started a thread on this earlier today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above thread links to a different video of the same swing set, with sound.

As I wrote in the other thread, the wind is obviously quite high, and the swing set's frame is apparantly plastic, not steel. My guess is that the entire frame resonates in the wind and that energy is transfered to the center swing, where the vibration is, of course, the strongest.

There are several more interesting videos of this swing set HERE.

EDIT:

Okay. I've looked at a few of the other videos on YouTube and, in this one, the swing that's going berserk is not the center swing:
www.youtube.com...

And, in this one, there are two swings going:
www.youtube.com...

The wind is quite high in all of them, however, so I'm sticking to the wind explanation.

EDIT II:

Can anyone translate the gist of what these guys are saying?:

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Tuning Spork]

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Good points Tuning Spork, could well be the wind, how do you know the swings are plastic, is all of it plastic?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
how do you know the swings are plastic, is all of it plastic?

Where the swings' chains are connected to the upper bar there looks to be fittings of some kind that look plastic. If the whole thing were steel, I'd think the chains would be hooked to a loop bolt that's simply screwed directly into the upper bar.

I have no idea if all of it is plastic, but it wouldn't surprise me. When I was a kid we had iron monkey bars anchored in concrete. Nowadays everything's nice and safe and squishy.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If its a swingset in a public park in the United States it can not and is not plastic. It may be a plastic coating over metal, but the safety standards require that it be metal...all metal. I'm a playground safety consultant so there is no way that this would be a plastic swing set in a public park. My guess is some type of magnetic trick considering the set would be metal.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've been looking at youtube vids regarding this and I found a vid which looks like it's in the same playground but with a different ride:

www.youtube.com... The blue see-saw thing...

This is just weird, it's all over the internet.

www.youtube.com...

Just type "Hamaca Firmat" into youtube and you get all these...different places...

I'm starting to think this is some sort of...uh..."Viral Marketing" campaign? Some publicity stunt for Halloween, perhaps? If they actually celebrate that in Argentina...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
if u read what this guy posted to begin with their is no magnetic or winds strong enough to do this i dont think its a trick because the sun is a highly seriuos news group and wouldnt post it for poops and giigles

peace out

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
notice the kid leaning on it. if he was lightly and rhythmically applying pressure to that pole he could get that to swing. it's all about resonance. think of the tacoma narrows bridge. the wind hit the suspension cables a JUST the right speed to get that thing oscillating and it ripped itself apart. i think that's what we're seeing here. either the wind, that kid leaning on the pole, or both.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's definitely windy. In the first video the white coat on that woman in the background is lifted up, and staying up, with the breeze. In the next video the girl close to the camera has her hair blown up. Maybe the centre swing has a lighter chain so is lifted higher by the wind?I think if it was a ghost it would start, and stop, more abruptly, (and you'd get the feetprints in the sand, lol).

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
To the Mods... There is another thread on this, in case you want to lock it.
Same topic

I think the link post in the link of above was started after this one.

By the way in my opinion this is just the wind blowing. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

join