It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu SOLVED!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i honestly believe deja vu
will never be answered by science or medically

it is just one of those weird things that happen

how are you going to prove you have the answer, anyway

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenfeet

Well, I don't know how many would call it proof posative... as what one man calls proof (recreating it scientificaly etc), another man calls hogwash...

But we did recreat it in a group setting over and over again by bypasing critical thinking, then bypassing step 1 in memory going strait to step 2 (with known situations).

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I've always wondered if there are different types of deja vu. The reason is this. When folk have it they say they " knew this was going to happen", but when I have it I just recognise what's happening as if I've seen it before but I don't exactly know what's coming next. If you know what I mean.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by wigit]

I know what you mean. They are 2 different things. DV - it's as if you are looking and going through motions tht you are so very frmiliar with, as if you've seen it and done it, exactly as it's happening again. But there is no knowing what's going to happen next. And it's somewhat disorientating.

The other is ???, where you know that he/she is going to say this or that and then the lamp will fall or whatever... That's not what I consider DV.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
How do you explain deja vu with others at the same time?

I don't. I think that's one of those "I knew that for no reason" things. I can't explain that iether.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

i stand corrected then "Angelalady"
sorry

some doctors just love destroying good mysteries

thank you

chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Your funny. lol
I spit out the facts I've learned and try to make a logical and experience based thought process make sence (at least to myself)... but it's always just an oppinion. Only my personal experiences are absolutly fact for sure (and the Bible of course).

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
I spit out the facts I've learned and try to make a logical and experience based thought process make sence (at least to myself)... but it's always just an oppinion. Only my personal experiences are absolutly fact for sure (and the Bible of course).

ahhh
i might not stand corrected then

is your proof known to the medical world or is it just your believe
what makes sense to you will not always make sense to everybody else.

my personal experiences of deja vu cannot be explained

opinions do not count, sorry..... that is the rule

so AngelaLadyS could I still be right

or do i need to wipe the grin off my face

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If it is just a brain fart, why does it always feel so profound?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've had Deja Vu years apart. I recall severeal things I dreamed about that came to pass. I've been in a place in a situation before and realized I'd been there before. usally in a dream. That is deja vu isnt it?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
If it is just a brain fart, why does it always feel so profound?

Because 10% more of your brain is being activated that you're not used to Vip!

j/k, I am not a member of that bandwagon =]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The AMA and the BMA (and believe it or not even the catholic church is for some reason thrown in with those 2... They back our stuff. So although I don't think every doctor reads every artical or even believes everything he/she reads...

And I think you can keep on grinning. No matter what studies and tests we come up with to 'scientificly' explain or proove things... we can't REALLY know for sure. (Not yet at least)

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

thank you for your honesty AL

i will enjoy the "smug mode" for a little longer

i have had deja vu where i KNOW if i am going to have a good day or a bad one

my brain does not think that far ahead of itself, trust me

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenfeet

thank you for your honesty AL

i will enjoy the "smug mode" for a little longer

i have had deja vu where i KNOW if i am going to have a good day or a bad one

my brain does not think that far ahead of itself, trust me

edit: brain doctors are amazing people

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I must have been a bit unclear about what I meant. Plus I never actually mentioned anything bout the brain being confused about having two eyes
so i don't know where you got that from!.

What I mean is, the brain is duplicating data and when this happens for seconds, the 'lapse' happens repeatedly or constantly for a period of time, so everything going in gets duplicated. The brain then trys to distinguish one piece of information from the other but as they are identical it can't thus making it realise that it has already previously memorised it. The confusion also makes it impossible for the brain to know how far apart these two pieces of data were received so it trys to make sense of it and it seems that it happened quite a while ago.. that is why when you have deja vu, you don't really know when you had had the same experience.

I still think the above might be a littl bit confusing but It's hard to explain exactly. Like I say it's only a theory and i'm not trying to prove anything.

As for two people experiencing the same deja vu.. all we have to rely on is the word of the two people involved.. how can we sure that this has ever actually happened? Maybe some susceptible people believe that they have experienced the phenomena at the same time as someone else when they really haven't. The brain is a complex and confusing machine.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The way i undersand it Deja Vu is kinda like the OP said like a brain fart
For instance lets say you look at someone and then you think hmmm ive seen them before

what happenes is you see the person for the 1st time but in the first lets say milli second it doesnt register in your brain so your brain has to register what your looking at again,in another mili second....so you kinda saw it the 1st but you didnt. so when your brain finaly logs what your looking at your get a sense of Daja Vu

hope that helps ...basicly Daja Vu is your brain being lazy and then catching up

hope that helps ...basicly Daja Vu is your brain being lazy and then catching up

cheers

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

i have met you before havent i

i understand what you guys are saying, but
what about the people who have deja vu for a day
or me
when i know what kind of day is in front of me (it has not happened for about 10 years) the whole day was like it was written out for me, strange..
and in my eyes, unexplained fully

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I must have been a bit unclear about what I meant. Plus I never actually mentioned anything bout the brain being confused about having two eyes
so i don't know where you got that from!.

I pulled it out of my brain, but I must have been in a blinking state of confusion!

What I mean is, the brain is duplicating data

The brain normally recieves sensory input from each eye though, on a continuos basis, so I am a little confused still on how the confusion occurs in the first place. You're saying in the event the brain recieves the information from one eye that is a millisecond longer then usual it will create a state of delusion that makes the person think he can fortell the future? Even if it lasts a few minutes or even hours? Again, my main point was this:

You are either ignoring, or completely dismissing with your theory, the testomonies of the ATS members that posted in this thread, and of course countless others that didn't just 'feel' like they could tell the future, but literally believe they knew the events that would come to pass while in the state of 'deja-vu'. What about the numerous testomonies of a person experiencing deja-vu, and predicting the events with a witness with them to testify it? There are testomonies like this for deja-vu.

So my question to you would be how does your theory accommodate this? Delusion?

and when this happens for seconds, the 'lapse' happens repeatedly or constantly for a period of time, so everything going in gets duplicated. The brain then trys to distinguish one piece of information from the other but as they are identical it can't thus making it realise that it has already previously memorised it. The confusion also makes it impossible for the brain to know how far apart these two pieces of data were received so it trys to make sense of it and it seems that it happened quite a while ago..

Seems like a rather big series of mistakes for an organ that allegedly gives rise to sentience and consciousness and is "as complex as the universe". You know?

that is why when you have deja vu, you don't really know when you had had the same experience.

Well people that experience deja-vu and believe it to be a "real" experience, feel they experienced it before, so... wouldn't that imply they think it happened "then" hehe

As for two people experiencing the same deja vu.. all we have to rely on is the word of the two people involved.. how can we sure that this has ever actually happened?

Most of what we know, about anything, is relying on the word of another person. Do you not think this to be the case?

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I like the old ESOTERIC theory about how your SUBCONSCIOUSNESS is always out somewhere traveling (DING! your consciousness is now free to move about the UNIVERSE). Particularly when you're unaware (eg., SLEEP). It picks up the memory. Files it. But you are not aware of it CONSCIOUSLY. Until the BRAIN FART when it starts REVEALING everything to you like it should have when it first PICKED up that FILE.

But hey there are a million things going on, so it forgot to fire that certain NEURON that controls that file--and you get the famous Matrix GLITCH. In other words, the CORD was cut.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xlc sil3nce

yeah right! tell your friends that's a stupid show and don't know what the hell they are talking about. sounds like they are trying to distract you from the real truth about deja vu. both eyes send signals and messages to the brain. the right eye sends input from the right peripheral hemisphere and the left eye from the left peripheral hemisphere. 75% of the world's population experience deja vu. some people never experience it, some experience it sometimes and some people experience it all the time every second of every day. im one of those people. it is so wierd and you have no idea what it is like living life all over again and again. i can feel events and future situations about to come before they happen. its like i have traveled to the future somehow and came back to the present or somebody on this planet or alien being or some form of species had invented time travel many years into the future and has keep revisiting us from time to time. its feels like destiny or meant to be or like everything is going according to plan. even writing this message to everyone here its like meant to be like i did this already. i can't explain it i have no idea. im really trying to figure this out cause its bugging the hell out of me. its soo weird. i know im not the only one. i blink normally or wink or whatever and there is something obviously going on here than just blinking. when i first saw that movie deja vu with denzel washington, i thought i was going to have a nightmare. i know its just a movie but i also do believe that movies are about sending messages to the public in a discreet fashion sort of speak and there's a reason why movies are made. to desensitize our human race some how. just an idea or theory but not to be taken lightly, i think.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If time travel is a reality then I think that this is when we experience Deja Vu....maybe something has slightly altered when an individual experiences it...could be something minor but it would be enough to make you think "Hang on, what just happened there"....

It is one of the strangest feelings you can ever have.....sometimes I will stop and think about what just happened and not just start saying Deja Vu....next time it happens try and think deeply back a few seconds to when it happend...dont know if you'll get any answers but something might tick...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join