It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The West Is On Fire!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Those are pretty amazing pictures realizing those aren't clouds, just smoke.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Best of luck
I hope your home escapes the fire! It's on the news here in the UK and it looks pretty bad! Stay safe..

lol i read this sentence wwaaayy too fast and read in my mind "Best of luck
I hope your home catches fire".

lol

yehai read the MX on the bus. Apparently 750, 000 people fleeing into the hills.

Burn BABY burn!!!! ;-P

lol

j/k

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DearWife

Thanks DW, that really helps alot. Yes, I was talking about Solona Beach in San Diego Co. I appreciate your efforts in getting this info.

Thanks for the updates from you folks in So. Calif., I hope you all are OK.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just woke up here, it's 9 A.M. and it looks like dusk outside. I actually thought I had overslept for a minute because the impression you get when you look outside the window is late afternoon, right before the sun goes down.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

EE, I'm glad you're OK. They are warning people not to go outside, though, especially if you're a child, an elder or have lung/breathing problems. Asthmatics, keep your inhalers close by! and wear a mask if you have one.

Just heard from my brother, he says everyone is OK, and so are their homes and pets. Thanks for everyone's prayers. (Huge sigh of relief)...think I'll go have a beer or something.
Anyone else in So. Calif. are you OK?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Forestlady,

This is the website to the San Diego County Emergency Homepage

You may want to save it to your bookmarks and check it often as it looks to have fairly updated information.

Also, others living in San Diego County, please visit the below link from CAL Fire as it too is an updated google map of the effected areas: San Diego County Fire Map

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DearWife

Thanks, DearWife. Last I heard is that over 645 sq. miles have burned and almost 1 million evacuated. So far, only one death, though, and that's an absolute miracle and a testimonial to those brave folks, who all pitched in to help. They had the Navy, the Marines and alot of volunteer agencies passing out food, etc. and organizing evacuations. They even had places for animal evacuees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join