It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My "Pet" Theory -- The Christians Shall Bow Before the Antichrist??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is just a little observational pet theory of mine and I figured I would share it with you guys.

As most of you know, I am an atheist. As many of you also know, I have much respect for people of faith as long as they practice what they preach.

However, I have noticed a somewhat disturbing trend among people of Christian faith.

Some of you guys have a habit of "jumping the gun" when it comes to the apocalypse. Hardly a year goes by that a good number of you guys aren't in church on 1st of the year holding vigil and awaiting Christ's return.

Now, that having been said. I know in my own heart that there will be no "Antichrist" and Jesus wont' be returning. However, if indeed Revelations did come to light in the form of the rising Antichrist, followed by the return of the true Christ as described in the bible, I would certainly change my tune and gladly align myself with Christ in the battle against evil. If you believe what you read in the bible, the coming apocalypse will be something that is UNDENIABLE.

This is where my pet theory comes in.

I think most of you guys are so eager for the end of the world that you will fall down on your knees before the Antichrist (since he shall be the first) because you are blinded by your anticipation. As a result of this (and most of you guys being SOOOOO unwilling to open your mind and heart), I feel most of you will reject the true Christ as an impostor and possibly even feel that the true Christ is the Antichrist.

Even the bible says that the antichrist will amass a tremendous following through his proclamation of being the one true Christ. Who better to fall for his ruse than those who wait for him day in and day out?

Who knows? As I stated, I do not truly believe the events in Revelations will ever come to pass as they are told there. However, if they do, I feel very strongly that I am correct in my assumption here. But, ya never know. You guys may actually surprise me if that end does come during our lifetime.

If that end does come though, some of you guys may find "keep your mind and heart open to all possibilities" to be very good advice. You never know, that may be your god's final test for you.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
the anti Christ is anti what Christ taught. Christ being one Avatar of Light taught consciousness

Being conscious not unconscious. If you look around the world today, how many unconscious people do you meet?

There is definitely a movement going on. Could insert here the latest legislative developments in China ->that attempt to restrict, control the spiritual beliefs of the Tibetan Peoples'. I guess though, most wouldn't consider that to be any real threat

How can anyone who is spiritual live in this world? It is becoming increasingly difficult. I have to abide by the laws regarding currency, home ownership etc. The level of administrative control in this world is, even if you do not have a faith, should be of concern. I also refer to the Indigenous groups of the world. What fargon chance have they had?

It isn't just Christian, it is anti Spiritual... it is in my wacked opinion anti individualism with the push for consumerism and unconsciousness.

While we are all buying and selling, needing and wanting, the Earth is in absolute crisis and yet, we only consciously focus on the materialism.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The Christian is groomed to be a slave. He is taught submission, unquestioning faith, ignoring facts, fear and shame. Thats why he is the first candidate to fall victim to any hypothetical antichrist.

Your "pet theory" is an observable fact of life...observable for all except for the mind-controlled religious fear-harbourer and fear-monger.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
No that is not right. That is your take on it. I am not a slave and when push comes to shove and I am being told I have to have a smart card (ID card) I will stand up and tell them all to shove off.

It isn't just some christian ideology, this is my own concern over being completely controlled by the powers that be and I would be prepared to die for it. Is that a slave? No.. it is not.

A slave to the system??? No thank you!

also, I had inserted a mention of this thread in my first response here but then edited it out. Came back to add this:
www.abovetopsecret.com... and you LMAO are the author. So, look at your own theory and then tie that to the anti spiritual concerns. I agree completely with the above url.

cheers

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Would you care to explain to me just what exactly my beliefs on the DISEASE that is credit requirements and enslavement in Amerika have to do with this thread?

I know you see something there or you wouldn't have mentioned it, especially with a LMAO. So, if you wouldn't mind, please tie them together so I see what point you are attempting to make.

Thanks,
Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: In case you didn't notice, it was NOT me that said Christians were groomed to be slaves.

As a matter of fact, if you will take the time and view my responses to religious threads in the past, you will see that I am NOTHING if not defensive of Christians (and believers in god in general) and their RIGHT to believe as such.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

well I did laugh when I was going to mention it and then decided not to, went back to read it and discovered you were the author. No offense, just found it funny that you are concerned with material issues. I am spiritual and thus, also concerned and you are absolutely correct with the phenomena of credit which has become the norm in society.

My reference to that is of course, you note it, you have your own concerns about the materialistic unconsciousness that is very much alive and flourishing in society.

I am spiritual so not material.

Hope that I have explained myself

cheers

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I hear ya all the way, and I have thought the same before. To me, the Anti-Christ will be apart of the establishment's, ie the government, although a world wide government. His face will be everywhere, no expense would be too high to get out his message.

I feel Christians as a whole will fall in line with locked step precision, because I feel the religion of Christianity is so corrupted and distorted, that if Jesus walked up to one of them tomorrow, they would not recognize who he was.

Christ on the other hand came into this world as a outsider, and I feel that the seconded coming will be no different. The establishment will label him a criminal or insane, they will use propaganda against him.

It clearly states that many will be deceived, if all the world major religions are all deceived because they are corrupted, this would not surprise me one bit.

Awesome post flagged and stared!!

[edit on 22-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
lol sorry had to come back cos had an after thought.

I mentioned the Tibetan peoples'... if we consider the recent developments in Burma where Monks without guns took a stand against the system and look at them now!

so, yeah, I don't think spiritual people are slaves. I think they will be, just like the monks in Burma the first to stand up and be killed for their fight against an oppressive evil system.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

hear ya all the way, and I have thought the same before. To me, the Anti-Christ will be apart of the establishment's, ie the government, although a world wide government. His face will be everywhere, no expense would be too high to get out his message.

I feel Christians as a whole will fall in line with locked step precision, because I feel the religion of Christianity is so corrupted and distorted, that if Jesus walked up to one of them tomorrow, they would not recognize who he was.

Christ on the other hand came into this world as a outsider, and I feel that the seconded coming will be no different. The establishment will label him a criminal or insane, they will use propaganda against him.

It clearly states that many will be deceived, if all the world major religions are all deceived because they are corrupted, this would not surprise me one bit.

Part of what you are saying is correct, but only part.

Many will be deceived but the reason is the anti-christ comes to earth first and he will look and act like Christ. Because so many are not being taught that but are instead told they will be raptured away.....they will be deceived.

When the true Christ comes no one will have a chance to "not recognize Him" as EVERYTHING comes to an end....the end of this age. All are changed and our spiritual body steps out of our flesh body. For those that didn't wait for the True Christ but instead worshipped the fake, even unknowingly...."took the mark of the beast," they will have to deal with the wrath of God.

He isn't playing a game!

...........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Simius,
Evidently you haven't heard of the rapture..Christians are gone as the AntiChrist appears. I admit Christians are mixed as to whether this event occurs before, during or after 7 year tribulation period. Regardless there will be some who will believe during the time of tribulation Rev is clear they will likely be martyred.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So you say that we are slaves although god gave us free will to be like you or be more like him. You say that we are slaves then you go on to say that you will join Christ when he shows you prof he exist. Wow I would say that its you types that will fall for the anti-Christ quick because you don't know who your god is. We will all be judged sooner or later. Whats wrong with being a true Christian? Is being a good person and paying respect to your Creator that hard? I'm not saying that your a bad person but you should have thought a Little more while looking in a mirror before insulting us Christians.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Please, quote me as to where I said Christians were slaves?

I hate people that don't read before posting......

Sky floater said you guys were groomed to be slaves, perhaps you got us confused?

As I said, go back and READ my initial post and THEN click my name and check any threads I have contributed to regarding god/religion. You will see that I spend most of my religion talk time here DEFENDING those of faith.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

Simius,
Evidently you haven't heard of the rapture..Christians are gone as the AntiChrist appears. I admit Christians are mixed as to whether this event occurs before, during or after 7 year tribulation period. Regardless there will be some who will believe during the time of tribulation Rev is clear they will likely be martyred.

The idea of a rapture is a man-made tradition. It isn't Biblical at all and I'm afraid it is one of the lies of end times that will cause many to mistakenly follow the anti-christ.

No where does the Bible tell us Christ is coming to fly anyone away. Rather, it tells us what is expected of us during the tribulation of Satan, which is to NOT fall for his lies and deceit.....not take the "mark of the beast."

Those that teach the rapture take a verse completely out of context and it is their foundation for that doctrine. They ignore many other scriptures that tell us we will experience the tribulation of Satan.....There are two tribulations. The first of Satan is the one Christians should be concerned with as he wants to trick us into following him. After that tribulation the True Christ comes!

Don't believe everything man tells you but read it for yourself.....your soul is at risk and those telling you you'll be raptured won't be with you when you stand before God and have to explain why you worshipped the anti-christ instead of waiting for Our Saviour.

.............Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
This is just a little observational pet theory of mine and I figured I would share it with you guys.

As most of you know, I am an atheist. As many of you also know, I have much respect for people of faith as long as they practice what they preach.

However, I have noticed a somewhat disturbing trend among people of Christian faith.

Some of you guys have a habit of "jumping the gun" when it comes to the apocalypse. Hardly a year goes by that a good number of you guys aren't in church on 1st of the year holding vigil and awaiting Christ's return.

I don't personally know anyone who believes Jeshua is waiting for New Years to return, but, You find that disturbing????

This is where my pet theory comes in.

I think most of you guys are so eager for the end of the world that you will fall down on your knees before the Antichrist (since he shall be the first) because you are blinded by your anticipation. As a result of this (and most of you guys being SOOOOO unwilling to open your mind and heart), I feel most of you will reject the true Christ as an impostor and possibly even feel that the true Christ is the Antichrist.

Eager for the end of the world?
Jesus said "Woe unto you that desire the day of the
lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.
As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him." Amos 5:18
The rapture or harpazio, means a catching away. If we are to look for tha anti-christ, we won't be looking for Jesus!

God won't rain down the judgement of delusion and tribulation, until his children are safe, like Lot and Noah.
He will come as a thief in the night. Jeshua said to watch and pray that we be accounted worthy to escape the coming judgement.
The rapture is the mystery of 1 Corinthians,15; 51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump:for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."
From bible teacher Jack Kelley;
"The Last Trump was the trumpet blast that closed the Feast of Trumpets each year. It's called "Teki'ah Gedolah" in Hebrew. It was blown by a priest in the Temple.

The 7th angel's trumpet blast of Revelation 11:15 is sometimes referred to as the Last Trump, though never called that in the Bible. In all of Scripture the actual phrase "Last Trump" appears only in 1 Cor. 15:52.

In 1 Thes 4:16 the reference to a trumpet is called "the trumpet call of God" a phrase used only there but which recalls Exodus 19:16 where God is said by Jewish commentators to have also blown the trumpet mentioned there. Some theologians say the two trumpets of God recall the two horns of the ram caught in the thicket when Abraham went to sacrifice Isaac. They call the Exodus Trumpet the left one, or First Trump, and say that God will call the Israelites back to the Land in the End Times by blowing the right one, or Last Trump. If this is the case then the Last Trump will most likely be blown at the close of the Battle of Ezekiel 38-39, placing the Rapture at the time of Ezekiel's battle as I believe.

In any case these are trumpets blown by God, not by man, which would seem to eliminate Rosh Hashana as a possible rapture date. And there is neither Biblical nor traditional support for linking the 7th angel of Revelation 11 to the Last Trump mentioned by Paul.

All these opinions being frought with conjecture, I believe my view of the Last Trump as simply being the last one we'll hear before being changed is the safest."

Some left-behind christians who are backslid, might worship the beast, after being forced to by his minions.

Even the bible says that the antichrist will amass a tremendous following through his proclamation of being the one true Christ. Who better to fall for his ruse than those who wait for him day in and day out?

Most ALL born-again christians inherently know better!
Even people like you know some of the bible,....
When I became a christian (at home, alone) Jesus led me by the hand in all the ways I should go, even what bible versions to avoid.(not audibly) Certainly he will give his backslid children a sixth sense about the anti-christ!

Who knows? As I stated, I do not truly believe the events in Revelations will ever come to pass as they are told there. However, if they do, I feel very strongly that I am correct in my assumption here. But, ya never know. You guys may actually surprise me if that end does come during our lifetime.
If that end does come though, some of you guys may find "keep your mind and heart open to all possibilities" to be very good advice. You never know, that may be your god's final test for you.

In closing;
Christians look forward to being with Jeshua(Jesus). Not the decimation of sinners! Not Armageddon!
We know God today, we don't just wait for confirmation!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What if the Anti-Christ is really the good guy.

If God gives Satan his power and Satan gives the Anti-Christ power then Gods sending the Anti-Christ not Satan.

I feel bad for the Anti-Christ for being born into a world the already has him on the worlds most wanted list.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Shawn B.]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
What if the Anti-Christ is really the good guy.

If God gives Satan his power and Satan gives the Anti-Christ power then Gods sending the Anti-Christ not Satan.

I feel bad for the Anti-Christ for being born into a world the already has him on the worlds most wanted list.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Shawn B.]

He isn't the "good guy" nor will he be "born" into this world.

He comes to earth full grown....pretending to be our Saviour. He will appear to be very good as he can't be otherwise in the guise of Christ but he will try to have everyone follow him instead of waiting for the true Christ. He will be very, very successful! Do not fall for his deceit.

Whirlwind

new topics

top topics

join