It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steep decline in oil production brings risk of war and unrest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Tell you what the government has its on contingency plan, that is why Rumfeld privatized our military, gave free reign to Black water private army and we the insurgency in this country will be deal with.

Yes the future will be a bright one, still its going to take more than just a gas hype to make the population war path happy.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes the future will be a bright one, still its going to take more than just a gas hype to make the population war path happy.

I hope you are right Marg, but when it comes to war, and this current administration, no matter what we think the motive for war is or isn't they will do as they wish.

There is an element of personal freedom in our ability to own and drive our own vehicles, as fuel prices begin to rise exponentially and eventual shortages occur people will create unrest. The combined loss in oil production and increase in demand will have a break point. The economy will suffer at ALL levels. Unless we can obtain more control over middle eastern oil reserves. Iran has vast untapped oil.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

Yes they do, But our banker the Chinese also have invested very handsomely in Iran and has Russia.

See, it will not be only Iran the one that our greedy government will be to deal with, littler facts are sometimes forgotten when we plan the scenarios about how easily Iran will "taken over".

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If the primary goal of the US had been to secure future oil supplies rather then just sheer corporate greed the coalition would have invaded Saudi Arabia rather then Iraq. The US wont be occupying any more ME countries any time soon oil shortage or no shortage.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
People still don't get it. The very thought that 'alternative energy' can even slow the fall in any appreciable way is a complete and utter joke. There is a very simple formula for 'return on energy expenditure' which tells you flat out that nothing can replace oil as an energy source.

And as for 'reducing usage' as a means to slow the collapse...

The economy only continues because of growth. By its very design the system cannot sustain itself unless it is growing. This is why they are building whole subdivisions of homes that no-one can afford to buy, because they have to. We cannot stagnate, because we will collapse overnight.

It is far too late to do anything about this as a society, all we can do as individuals is to prepare to keep our own families fed and safe. This means living in the bush, growing your own food, hunting game, etc. Anyone who thinks this system can continue the way it has been for another 10 years will be part of the crowd turning over the food relief truck in that game trailer.

Do yourselves a favour and look into what happened during the Great Depression, to people who didn't have family on a farm to go live with.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
If the primary goal of the US had been to secure future oil supplies rather then just sheer corporate greed the coalition would have invaded Saudi Arabia rather then Iraq. The US wont be occupying any more ME countries any time soon oil shortage or no shortage.

Saudi Arabia has been"on board" with the banking elite since the beginning of the 20th century(BP) Saudi Arabia is the Holy Land in the Holy war for Muslim extremists. The US has had military bases in Saudi Arabia since 1991. This occupation is why there is a current "Fatwa"

The Iraqi oil fields and the transportation routes have been "secured" to prevent fair market supply and demand cycles from driving down oil prices. This is part of the the scarcity scam

2001 GW Bush takes office oil is about $25 a barrel.
2007 oil is $90 a barrel
Mission accomplished !!!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

bingo!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the nice littler post, as usual the corporate elite have its way regardless of what the citizens giving the blood wants.

How many times I have to tell that is not about securing oil for the benefit of the consumer, is nothing more than for the benefit of the elite.

They dictate how much oil we are to depend on and how much we are to sacrifice to get it.

Easy as that, but is another problem our economy is on the downfall due to corporate greed, while Mr. Bush is the corporate man he can create wars for corporate benefit, but he is having a hard time keeping other corporate greed entities from cashing out on the give away of our nation.

When the circle is complete he will be out of office and the mess will be out of his hands.

Because a mess is what our nation has become no for the elite but for the regular American Joe that to keep their minds out of the realities of our nation is manipulated to believe that we need more wars.

As things get worst all the blame will be geared to the evil people in the middle east that wants to take away Israel and our way of life.

But while we may face oil shortage our friends in Israel will always get their fair share of oil as guarantee by treaties.

What a joke.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think you're all a little bit right. There are nuggets of truth in what each of you is saying.

Don't misunderstand me, I am all for saving the environment and am not trying give the oil companies a free pass either - but come on people - are the caribou migration paths in Alaska worth more than our soldiers lives?

For me, the short answer to your question would be yes.

However, in my mind this seems like the wrong question. People often separate environmental issues from "human" issues. Just as an example, "Come on man...if I have to choose between the two-butted owl's habitat and all the money I just sunk into this land where I had planned on erecting my house I'm totally going with my own financial self-interest."

We only have one planet at the moment. It's not like if we wreck this one we can just up and move away. If we don't protect the Earth our species will cease to exist...period. According to many there are no alternative energy sources that can replace oil. We use so much of it for so many things that even if we find something fairly good our standard of living will begin to suffer. If that is true my only response to my fellow Americans on our standard of living declining: so what. Our countrymen will be much better off when they actually have to get off their fat behinds and out from behind their TVs & Computers and work for their own survival rather than a paycheck.

Now should we be sending our sons & daughters to die, and worse KILL people to protect our energy interests? NO! In fact the whole situation is very twilight zone to me and it blows my mind people are ignorant & callous enough to support such an idea, or stupid enough to buy the cover stories in place to disguise what we're actually doing in Iraq.

As for the Americans retarded enough to do battle over the energy required to power their iPods? I say let them do battle to the death. They can ease some of the burden of overpopulation and leave more resources for the rest of us who are willing to change our standard of living and work together to try and survive.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I agree, I say we should compromise, I am willing to do that, let take away the power that the elite have over the population of this nation.

They will have not choice but to find else where to get their profits, perhaps they will be force to find alternative fuel.

Hey my grandfather made it to over a hundred and he grew up with no gas but powered mule cart to take him every where, at least his family was able to afford that.

When the corporate elite will not get their profits because people will park their cars stop buying gas let see what happens.

Just remember it was a time in our nation that Gas was not a necessity until it was made a necessity and addiction.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
well the reason Alt Fuels aren't growing like they should is because all the old money in the world has their money tied into oil money, so anything that goes agianst oil is evil and needs to be destroyed/locked away/limited to the point that it cant do any damage to thair profits.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Even if this wasn't true for oil, it will soon be true for water and harvesting land. And you can't find an alternative for that.

So this report is true in a sense. But the oil peak is a scam.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

In a way is manipulation for wars, increasing hype and to keep the population Dependant and addicted.

But remember who is the ones controlling the oil in this earth, they all hold hands at the end of the day.

While we are fed that we need to fight another war.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

While we are fed that we need to fight another war.

And who benefits from war Marg?...not your average taxpayer. Here goes another $45.9BB down the defense-contractor rabbit-hole.

I have a wonderful son that is about to turn 11. Hell-or-high-water, he will never serve in harms way primarily to support corporate interests...or to guarantee some-one's 'right' to drive an SUV.

I will gladly walk to work first

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
I will gladly walk to work first

What if after that walk to work you find that your employer has either closed down, or is laying off due to the oil crisis and related economic troubles?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

What if after that walk to work you find that your employer has either closed down, or is laying off due to the oil crisis and related economic troubles?

Not sure what I would do, adjust I guess...but what I wouldn't do is reverse my position on sending my son off to kill someone else's child in a grab for resources.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

But Gazz that is what free trade is doing already, outsourcing is taking our high pay jobs and replaced them with service jobs.

I imagine that Wal-Mart will have a job for all of us as servants.
we will be fighting the illegal immigrants soon for a job spot the way thing are going.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join