It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Chinese Communist Party Leaders Step Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Three Chinese Communist Party Leaders Step Down

www.washingtonpost.com

BEIJING, Oct. 21 -- The Chinese Communist Party announced Sunday that three of its most powerful leaders were retiring, making way for a new generation including the eventual successor of President Hu Jintao as head of the world's most populous nation.

The announcement, on the official New China News Agency, marked the latest step in a carefully orchestrated sequence of decisions at the party's week-long 17th National Congress, designed to reshuffle China's top leadership...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ca.to day.reuters.com
www.voanews.com

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The Vice president, the security chief and the head of anti-corruption were the three main members who resigned.

How will this news affect China's role in the world in the coming years?

Was this a voluntary resignation or is there more to this story?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ed:sp

[edit on 2007/10/21 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
From what I know and have read, this kind of thing is pretty much par for the course as far as China in concerned...At least as far as the VP and the security chief goes...

Now...The anti-corruption chief is an interesting one...You may well be on to something here
If my memory serves me well, China has been wracked by several major corruption scandals over the last year or so, and a couple of them resulted in the execution of "low level" individuals involved in said corruption...

Perhaps higher powers deemed the head guy in charge of anti corruption wasn't doing his job...I guess we will never know the real reason...But what I said is the best reason I can come up with...

Officials generally complete a certain term depending on who they are, what influence they have, and their positions within the bureaucracy...So this would explain the "retirements" of the other two officials...

I'm not sure it means anything significant with regard to a change in how China views the rest of the world or whatever...

Just business as usual I reckon for the most part, but the anti corruption guy is definitely an interesting case, JacKatMtn

A quality find as always

Peace

new topics

join