It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuel Tanker Stolen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Fuel Tanker Stolen

blogs.abcnews.com

ABC NEWS' PIERRE THOMAS AND JACK DATE REPORT: Baltimore City Police Spokesman Sterling Clifford tells ABC News that a fuel tanker truck carrying 7,100 gallons of diesel fuel was stolen at gunpoint at around 5:00am this morning on the 3100 block of Vera street. The red Peterbuilt truck and it's tanker trailer were last seen heading towards I-95. Law enforcement agencies throughout the I-95 corridor have been notified
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Let's hope this guy was just in despair from High Gas Prices and nothing more!

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Let's hope they catch him quickly, and that the hijacker doesn't have the ammonium nitrate to go with it...

Unfortunately, I can't think of many other reasons someone would want, or actually go through the trouble, to hijack a diesel tanker at gunpoint.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hmm, this is interesting... I cant imagine him getting very far though. Police should be able to stop him quickly.

Of course he may be planning to drive it into a building, but I doubt he will get that far...

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The thief is probably looking at it as an investment seeing how gas is on the rise with crude going for $90 a barrel. Hopefully that is all it is.

I just read another article about a guy stealing gas.

70-year-old accused of stealing gas

This guy was serious about siphoning gas.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Lets hope it has FleetGuard onboard!!

CNN is reporting it right NOW and the tanker has been found but not the driver!!

[edit on 19-10-2007 by x-phile]

top topics

join