It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin touts new nuclear weapons against US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thanks maloy. I enjoy reading your informative posts.

Originally posted by maloy
If you want to judge Putin seriously then read about his history prior to coming to power, and the reforms he has introduced since 2000.

I agree here. In Russian history there was only one other russian leader (don't remember his name, but was not a tsar or commie) who actualy did something good for the nation.

Not that KGB - super spy bull*** that keeps being touted in every single Putin thread, but factual information.

Bush Sr. was a director of CIA before he became a president and nobody calls him a spy, yet he was No.1 spook.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Jeez, somebody needs a hug. I was just being silly, don't take it so seriously. I found the whole "erotic desire" thing funny. With all the talk of WWIII, a little crude humor is the last thing to worry about. And I never said Russian women weren't intellegent or attractive. Lighten up a bit.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well maybe I over reacted and sorry if I've been to harsh. I've worked as a consultant with abused russian girls and I've seen the pain in their eyes. Trust me once you see that, all you wanna do is to go against every injustice in this damn world of ours and punish all of them who causes this atrocities. There is to much pain and sorrow...

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Yeah, maybe I should've been more specific. I was talking about the Russian women that marry some idiot to get over here, then divorce him once they get citizenship. I wasn't talking about sex slaves or anything. I always thought there was a difference but maybe I'm wrong. I wouldn't intentionally poke fun at victims of abuse...

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
uhh... Iran never calls Isreal, by Isreal, they call them Zionist, therefore, wiping zionist regime off the map means wiping Isreal of the map. He uses regime to be more dramatic to cast Isreal under a bad light.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by absente

Don't portray me as some arrogant American blindly trashing Russia. Read my posts. I support neither government.

[edit on 10/20/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

So trashing your own government also is a sign of "intelligence" ??

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Huh?

What are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

So I guess that makes it alright huh?

Just because they go by a different name doesn't resolve them from invading another country, and they are no better than we are, so I don't think Putin's remarks should be given any respect. All IMHO.

The Soviet Union did not invade the country; it went there to help keep the government in power after being asked by the Afghan government for help. Before the Soviets came, a civil war had already been raging in Afghanistan between the pro-Marxist government and the Mujihadeen rebels, who wanted to remove the government from power and install a radical Islamic state.

After years of no progress in dislodging the rebels the Afghan government eventually pleaded for support, so the Soviets came to their aid. The U.S. helped the Mujihadeen, not because our administration wanted to "export democracy" to the Afghan people, but because it was a way to fight the Soviets in a proxy war. We didn't care who we were supporting, we turned our heads the other way on that issue. We simply wanted to tackle the bigger fish, in this case the USSR. Eventually the Soviets pulled out and the government fell.

Before the Mujihadeen (predecessor to the Taliban) came to power, Afghanistan was a relatively modern country (at least for the region). After its collapse, we all know what happened. The country was transformed into perhaps the most oppressive regime in the world and was ruled this way until eventually the Americans came to remove the regime they helped put in power.

[edit on 10/20/2007 by The Crow]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by absente

ROFL!! Did you actually take that literally ??

BTW, it still makes them crazy.......

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I really hope and pray every day (if that's the right way of putting it) that Aliens do land here in a big way on the Whitehouse Lawn or in front of the Kremlin etc.

They then say to Bush & Putin and maybe even whotshisname in Iran that if you don't stop all this childish nonsense, then we will make sure you have no weapons left anywhere in the world. Behave boys, get a life!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente

Last time I checked, the US is even worse.

In the past I would have just chalked that up to anti-Americanism and ignored it, but sadly in recent times it's not so far from the truth.

Tragically we appear to be witnessing the death of democracy in the US, I'm sure Europe and Canada/Australia won't be far behind.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Death of democracy in America ? This coming from a continent that has written away its citizens futures for some shallow attempt at a "super government" ?

If democracy exists anywhere in this world, it exists in the United States of America. Where our politicians and leaders still know that their masters are people who hold the real power, that would be the 300 million armed citizenry. And should they choose to go grievously astray we are empowered and entitled by our constitution to take back what is ours sword in hand. Do you really believe all that is happening is happening without the will of the American people?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join