It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty New Buttons...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Post removed

[edit on 10/18/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Dj, as a long standing member, you have been around the block once or twice. You, more than most, should understand that these buttons are a work in progress.

Is it really necessary to take shots at the buttons, and the Administration, as the kinks are worked out?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here's a suggestion...instead of playing silly buggers and having new button layouts appear each time you refresh the page, why not post all the varieties of schemes in its own thread, one scheme per post, and take a 'star' vote??

The most starred scheme at the end of next week gets to stay?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Please stop. You're killing me

Ahem.

[edit on 18/10/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I don't think I'd be much of a valuable member if I was just a "yes man" and didn't express my true feelings about this change.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Come on! It was like that for less than 5 minutes!

Would you rather S.O. take the site offline while implementing tweaks & changes?

There's a difference between not being a "yes man", and griping just to hear yourself type. Geesh!

[edit on 10/18/07 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think I'd be much of a valuable member if I was just a "yes man" and didn't express my true feelings about this change.

And clearly, taking shots as such, at the Administration, is what we consider to be a valuable member.

When is anyone ever faulted for disagreeing? With this change, some will go for it, others will not. At the end of the day, it is a button. If it is your opinions that you wish to express, then express them. Posting a screen shot of a kink, and a backhanded comment, does what?

We both know what it does. Self-serving. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think we're being a little sensitive. He didn't come out and call out the administrators and say they're worthless or anything like that. He's just having a good time with it. I thought it was funny.

Wouldn't you rather there be joking than all the bickering that's gone on in this thread (by me especially)?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've got questions.

1) How do I send a u2u?

2) How do I access all my saved u2u's? Someone said there's a pink button. I can't find it.

Someone have mercy on the low-tech, liberal arts types. where's the u2u button????

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
1) How do I send a u2u?

Your u2u's are accessible here.

The new memCenter button takes you to your Account Settings. However, on the left hand side, you will see a button which will direct you back to your u2u's.

2) How do I access all my saved u2u's? Someone said there's a pink button. I can't find it.

When you receive a new u2u, a button will appear that indicates it. Try sending one to yourself, you will see it.

If it is your saved u2u's you are looking for, you can find them at the page I linked above. There will be different headers in your u2u section. Inbox, Outbox, Saved, etc.

You should see them there.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

hit the MemCenter button

It takes you to account settings look left side to get to u2u area

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Go to "MemCenter", and on the new page, on the left side, there should be a menu. Click "Private Messages (U2U)"

EDIT: Yeah like those two said..

I'm slow

[edit on 10/18/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The pink button is, currently, only appearing when you have one waiting.

Past that, just use "MemCenter" and pick "Private Messages (U2U)" (the top option on the left hand list).

Edit: Looks like Novus, Chissler, and Jack beat me to the punch.

[edit on 10/18/07 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ain't we helpful this evening!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

When you receive a new u2u, a button will appear that indicates it. Try sending one to yourself, you will see it.

Dude, that will make me go blind, won't it????

Thanks to the several for the help.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Ain't we helpful this evening!!!

Damn, four replies in two minutes...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

1) How do I send a u2u?

From within your MemCenter link (i.e. Private Messages (U2U))

When you have unopened U2Us the MemCenter link will show as U2U instead

Hope this helps. Otherwise, please post back.

[edit: to add] late to the party again, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

THAT, and I just sent dr strangecraft a U2U. Check it!

[edit on 18-10-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Ahh, dah button thing. I don't like them only because it's a change. I have enough changes at work to keep track of but that's okay. I'm sure this is a work in progress so I'll withhold much more other than things look a bit easier to get around other than U2U.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Dude, that will make me go blind, won't it????

There is a possibility that sending a u2u to yourself could cause the matrix to implode, or in the worst case scenario, duplicate the entity that we refer to as Carrot Top.

Be careful!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
People don't like change, so current members will not like them since they have learned the icons, in a week they will be use to them and it wont matter.

However, when I was new, figuring out the icons took awhile, so they will be better for occasional and new users.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join