It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert for Presdient 08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Colbert has decided to run for president in 2008.

Many people have encouraged Stephen Colbert to run for president of the United States of America. A website, www.colbertocrat.com has been one of the groups to start the revolution.

See Colbertocrat.com for more information.

Here he is on CSPAN.

Cast you're vote at WNDU.

Here you have it, his official announcment.

He says that atm he is only running under a single state, SC, but will he push for more states to support him?

Sure he is just a comedian but how much leverage can he hold up if he turns out to be serious about this? I mean... is he serious?? What party is he running for anyway? How is this going to affect other candidates?

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Techsnow]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Finally, a candidate I can really get behind!!

He said he was going to run as both Republican and Democrat.
That's unworkable with the primary system, so I don't believe he is serious about a run.

I doubt the other candidates are worried about his influence on the race.

On the other hand, he has no political skeletons or voting record to attack.
If he were to get serious, who knows?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
He is running on the democratic ticket for South Carolina.

He needs 3,000 signatures so he doesn't have to pay the fee.

If you are serious about helping him run, find out how many signatures your state needs on a petition to get him on the ballot without having to pay ... if people in each state organize and take the lead for this, it will get him on the ballot of every state ... and in a very 'man of the year' way ... he could possibly win it. People are tired of the same old junk. He is an intelligent man. He may actually be better for the country than some may think.

He may be more serious than some may realize. I would like to know who would be his v.p.
Jon Stewart? From MTV to the V.P.

I think it would be great. Someone witty without an agenda. Very refreshing.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Go Colbert!

I hope he enters, and gets on every ballot. A bunch of people in my college have already defected from Hillary and the Obama camps, for thier support of Colbert!

Yes... Yes...

In fact, lets hope they run, and lets hope Nader gets out and runs too, and thewe can't have all this 3rd party action without good ol Al Gore.

Keep letting the libs slipt them selves up.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am with you there.

I would love to see a multiple party race.

Republican
Democrat
Independent
Green
Libertarian
Veteran
etc. etc. the more the merrier I say.

There is nothing wrong with having more to choose from ... and more parties, we might actually get some real issues talked about ... or at least some different ones ... most of the candidates (and I know I and others have said this before) remind me of that Futurama episode of John Jackson and Jack Johnson running agaisnt each other ... and robot Nixon wins it
Watch out ... we may get a robot Jimmy Carter.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Looks like he is breaking some laws, if he is serous...

He may have to quit his show, if he is serious...

And Mr. Craig as his VP, oh, thats just too funny...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I think you are pointing to the ultimate question of how a soft focus figure goes into a hard focus figure without (s)he not being accountable for their soft focus behaviour.

Edit: Aside from their lack of hard focus record.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by redled]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Let's keep in mind that he plays a caricature of Bill O'Reilly on his show, The Colbert Report. It wouldn't be ethical to run as a fictional character, and it wouldn't be practical to run as himself because that's not how he appeals to people.

At first i thought this would add an interesting element to the race, but i think better of that now. If they are seriously faced with the prospect of stopping production on the Colbert Report to invest in a super-long shot for President, i think they'll choose cable tv.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Give it a few more days and there'll be a thousand videos on you tube...

Colbert is a reptile. And. Watch the shapeshifter colbert.

Then a few weeks later someone will publish a book...

Colbert and his Illuminarti family lines. Or. Colbert is the NWO.

Surely he's just having a giraffe?

MonKey

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Finally, a candidate I can really get behind!!

He said he was going to run as both Republican and Democrat.
That's unworkable with the primary system, so I don't believe he is serious about a run.

Actually, it is legal under South Carolina's primary system. He didn't originally file on the Republican ticket because he didn't want to pay the $35,000 filing fee. He's now looking for a corporate sponsor.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Update: Colbert has dropped out of the race. Well, it's more like the Democrats forced him out.

Too bad, I would have voted for him.

new topics

top topics

join