It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real case for Reptilians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Around here the word "Reptilian" has become synonym to hoax, fake and ridicule connected to blurry youtube videos and the wild ramblings of David Icke and countless derivative "researchers".

This thread is to remind the investigating mind of a real case for reptilians:

Ancient accounts and mythology feature serpents, dragons, reptile-gods, "flying chariot serpents" and snake people in abundance. It is this abundance of references to reptiles that makes one consider an alien race of "reptilians" in the first place. These can be found in...

* The Bible
* In Asian Mythology (Chinese still celebrate the Dragon)
* In African Mythology (plenty of serpent beings and depictions there)
* In South- and Latinamerican Mythology (Mayan)
* In Hinduism
* And in a vast collection of legends, folktales and stories from the past.

Conventional science claims that these are "fairy tales of the ancients". If that is so, then why did their fairy tales all feature the same character? Why do cultures, worlds apart, keep referring to serpents? Why not spiders or rabbits?

The modern conspiracy-theory of reptilians however, seems directly derived from the sci-fi series by the name of "V". Though Id change my mind if any real evidence or connective-evidence (such as in the ancient texts) is presented.

If anyone has some scholary or conclusive info on modern-day reptilians, do share.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
If that is so, then why did their fairy tales all feature the same character? Why do cultures, worlds apart, keep referring to serpents? Why not spiders or rabbits?

There is an almost universal fear and distrust of serpents. Rabbits arent scary and spiders arent generally thought of as cunning like serpents are.

On the other hand, maybe we are genetically hardwired by our serpent overlords to fear reptiles. A control feature they built in when genetically engineering us? I dont believe that for a moment, but I suppose it is one possibility.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There is an almost universal fear and distrust of serpents. Rabbits arent scary and spiders arent generally thought of as cunning like serpents are.

On the other hand, maybe we are genetically hardwired by our serpent overlords to fear reptiles. A control feature they built in when genetically engineering us? I dont believe that for a moment, but I suppose it is one possibility.

If you believe in evolution, the fear we feel towards reptiles goes back to when humans (mammals) were just "mice in the rocks," hiding from dinosaurs. Being a weaker species, we had to be smarter, and as a consequence of our intelligence, developed excellent Object Recognition and would flee from anything that looked even remotely like a dinosaur.

Or it could be the genetically engineered alien overlord thing.

-Warlo

*edit - quote tags are fun...

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Warlo]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This will probably be moved because someone didnt read THIS.

Reptillians are taboo in Aliens and UFO's...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
This will probably be moved because someone didnt read THIS.

Reptillians are taboo in Aliens and UFO's...

The topic of ancient astronauts is an aliens topic and will not be moved. Whats taboo is the modern-day sci-fi speculation.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
warlo and cavscout:

There does seem to be a kind of war-thing going on between some kind of ancient serpent-race and some kind of ancient-other race. So who knows

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm more than happy to read threads about Reptillians.

I agree there are many ancient references to serpent, snake and reptillian beings - it's fascinating indeed. I'm open to the idea of evolved bipedal Dinosaurs and extra-terrestrial life.

The recent slosh of laughable youtube garbage posted here is what has totally turned me off the topic as a point of discussion here though. Fuzzy youtube videos of split-second pixelation on people's eyes is not evidence. Not even close.

Right now, there is no video or pictorial evidence of any so-called reptiallian being. There are only second and third hand accounts of encounters - this is not enough for serious discussion IMO.

I'm glad the mods decided to move such topics to the speculative forum.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Reptilians would be considered Alien to humans. It doesn't make any sense they wouldn't be discussed on the Aliens and UFOs board. Unless someone is trying to suppress information, or just being matter-of-fact in their assumption that reptilians are native to this planet (which they are said to call "Terra"). I used to anticipate reptilian threads when they weren't so plentiful and chock full of debunkers.

Ouroboros represents true self-sustenance, rather than enslavement, on a dimensional level. It sees it as an everlasting thing, an eternal way of life known only to Reptilians. The serpent who is infinitely resourceful, or just vast beyond human understanding. The serpent (which represents the ways of evil) becoming powerful beyond our wildest imagination manifests itself in the universal psyche as all-powerful overlords. Higher beings which infiltrated our true heritage as humans or mammals, and now run the show. The light of Lucifer is dimensionally above the pure evil of the serpent. Pure power and dominion over all. Inherent evil is an illusion, like our flesh. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". The cycles are the waypoints at which the serpent has passed over its starting point, the illusion of time created by the process of eating itself. The infinite enslavement of Ouroboros is a trans-dimensional perfect power source. Light, which is nowhere to be found in the darkness of the all-encompassing evil, is the holy grail of the serpent. To keep humans (innocent souls) in the dark with illusions and trickery and keeping the light (or knowledge of truth) all to themselves.

Just my theory after a short brainstorm.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
smeared youtube videos are indeed no foundation for discussion. in the last post by rationalgaze I learned more about "reptilians" in all the youtube threads together.

But those threads were not meant to produce serious discussion. The thread starters are not conducting any serious research or looking for other sources or trying to prove something...they are only searching out youtube-material by famous people that could be re-interpreted to show something which they dont show.

I havent seen other threads on reptilian-research by the youtube-crowd. I expect to find more serious investigation on this one.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
For a different perspective on this, read

UFO occupants - Grey and reptilian alien pictures:
www.hyper.net...

Which looks at the "reptilian" (amphibian?) beings in the CE3 cases of Caponi, Italy 1993 and Varginha, Brazil 1996. Also raises the question of possible parallels with amphibian beings in mythology and folklore in different continents and times (Sumeria/Babylon, Africa Dogon, Japan, China, American Indian etc).

[edit on 21-10-2007 by dhatz]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You know something the V Saga got it wrong,They're not coming,They were already here ...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well....isnt EVERYTHING a manifestation of that?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
IMHO, I think the Reptilian phenomenon is a manifestation of the collective unconscious. A primordial fear (obssession) from eons ago, when we weren't top of the food chain. I've included a link that even pro-reptilian members will appreciate. It's got everything...reptilians, aliens, etc.

www.timestar.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
IMHO, I think the Reptilian phenomenon is a manifestation of the collective unconscious.

strangely enough I replied to your post before you posted it.

I wonder how that could happen? I saw a draft of your reply posted

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
NUTTY! Maybe it just means you are SOOO on top of things around here! This is not a one line post!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If, and I do mean IF, there is anything that remotely resembles a real case for reptilians, it is no different than ufology. The woo woos and the nutjobs make posts, claims, and judgments on evidence based on complete ignorance, fear, paranoia, and desire to believe. It ruins it for eveybody. Don't believe me? Read half the threads in this section and ask yourself, if you were a rational human being, would you pursue any of the subjects posted here any further after reading some of the LUDICROUS and OUTLANDISH claims made here......and those are the posts that are backed up by pages upon pages of follow up posts...which in itself gives the OP some type of recognition, authority and sense or overstated self importance. Plus, outsiders see that these whackos get the most attention, and think that anything that has to do with UFO's, aliens, reptiles, etc, if fodder for complete fools.

Think about it. This community needs to start policing it's own, or it will NEVER be taken seriously by the mainstream (which is the goal of this place right? To take on the things that mainstream media will not, thus forcing certain subjects to become accepted mainstream material?)

You lurkers and avid, rational posters know deep down what I say here is 100% on the mark.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

I dont think there is a universal fear of serpents etc.

Snakes / serpents have featured in emblems and symbology in the medical world for years...not an evil thing I suggest.

Ancient civilisations used them for identification...the Welsh still use the dragon, which seems to have come from some Romano-Celt/Saxon symbology. These are examples that a simple mind like mine has found.

I think that that snakes and serpents have no more sinister relation to man than any other beastie. Hell, as I far as I can make out spiders are more feared by humanity..especially the ladies...but we dont get many claims for alien spider-human hybrids.

2 cents and a humble opinion

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I did read the whole thread...

The subject of reptilians IS a Legitimate subject.

It just so happens to be a very "far-fetched" subject to most...

That being said,... I encourage all who have an opinion on the subject to voice it here.

Reptiles have been in Human history for the longest....that in itself makes it a genuine subject for discussion...

It is just so UNBELIEVABLE for most, its like"the cart before the horse"...

Let us get people on board the idea of extra terrestrials IN GENERAL before we get the general popualce to accept REPTILES as our masters... ya think...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Reply to Coastlinekid

ya...you have a point when you say "first lets accept ETs" and THEN...and then...tell them about reptiles.

A good book on the extraterrestrial-retpile history is "Gods of Eden" by William Bramley.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

This community needs to start policing it's own, or it will NEVER be taken seriously by the mainstream (which is the goal of this place right? To take on the things that mainstream media will not, thus forcing certain subjects to become accepted mainstream material?)

To use a meme from somewhere else - your newsletter, sir, let me subscribe.
Unfortunately, as i personally see it, in the moment ATS is more turning into GLP instead of forcing certain subjects into the mainstream. Just look at the more then ridiculous youtube reptilian threads - actually some members "believed" in them or found them at least interesting enough to debate. Look at the hottest topics in "Alien & Ufo" - "Alien message in sunflare" with a great MRI scan and creepy x-files sound to make it more sinister - it is taken serious by some. So, which community should do the policing ? Look at the board, the topics with at least one foot in reality disappear from the front page within days, while the most outlandish claims are debated for months. Some people just want to believe, no matter what. Jesus in a taco shell anyone ?
The UFO community in itself is that much fractured, that no common ground can be found and will be ridiculed by the mainstream until this changes. If (and i'm sure there are that much) 1-2 million people would demand "the truth" (whatever it may be), i believe there'll be some progress. As long as we refuse to cast out the charlatans, we're woo-woo.

[edit] Typo, minor one

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Phil J. Fry]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join