It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BioTerror Attack Exercize at NASCAR event?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I suppose we can chalk this up to insiders knowing more than letting on.

In an enigmatic request, Congressional staffers were told to get a slew of immunization shots -- similar to those given to people traveling to Africa -- before going to the NASCAR race in Talledega this weekend. It's a request that has been met with confusion and a little humor by NASCAR and Congressional officials.

Apparently, there is an excuse for the request, although for the life of me I can't see how you determine the success or failure of this experiment:

The House Homeland Security Committee planned a fact-finding trip about public health preparedness at mass gatherings and decided to conduct the research at two of the nation's most heavily attended sporting events, NASCAR's Bank of America 500 event this weekend and the UAW-Ford 500 last weekend.

Staff who organized the trips advised the NASCAR-bound aides to get a range of vaccines before attending -- hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria and influenza.

The four aides were asked to explore public health issues at events involving large gatherings, such as how law enforcement and medical personnel would respond to an act of terrorism or other emergency. Lawmakers weren't part of the trip.

The staffers traveled to Talladega last weekend, and are scheduled to be at Lowe's Motor Speedway this weekend.

Jim Walker, Alabama's director of homeland security, said the congressional committee aides who visited Talladega worked hard. He said they were trying to determine whether the state and federal emergency response system was adequate to handle a situation at such a large event.

Does anyone else see this not making sense? You want to explore the emergency response and preparadness to a bio-attack at a big event gathering like NASCAR. So you make Congressional officials undergo innoculations prior to going to the event, just so they can take notes?

It's been a few years since I've taken any science courses, but I still think I'm able to set up a valid experiment. And this one doesn't meet any of those hallmarks. First, while the flu could be present there -- it's present everywhere. And how do you determine the effectiveness of innoculations at mass gatherings if you're just shooting up a few Congressional staffers at the event? Where's the control group? How will you determine if they're effective? And how do you determine if there is even a need for hep A, B or diptheria in a place that's not known for a massive epidemic of said diseases?

Where's the disconnect in this experiment? Why can't I see the reasoning?

[edit on 10/11/2007 by behindthescenes]

[edit on 10/11/2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It does seem weird.

But why would they do it when congressional officials were there?

I don't know. It seems very odd. I can't seem to connect the logic either.

Perhaps we're missing a part of the story. I'll see what I can find.

By the way, your signature is great

[edit on 10/11/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Co-incident to this story, Bruton Smth is threatening to move Lowes a county over ostensibily because city council won't approve his drag strip plans... it's not pocket change to abandon Lowes and the cost to replicate it with a drag-strip? $350 million not including the generosity of tax-breaks and other less-tangibles.

What day did Marv Bush's WTC contract expire? How much insurance? What political affiliations to the France family and Mike Helton have? What President does DW golf with?

Should a terrorist attack occur on NASCAR time... woe-be-freakin'-tide to the perpetrators - wave the checkers for them. I pray that such a thing never occur.

Immunization against what? Bio-terrorism or working people? Huge PR bungle here I think, and I am surprised that it went MSM. Perhaps this was supposed to happen...

God help those who would wake the nation of Junior and Cousin Carl and Smoke. Besides it'd be a rules violation Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing).

Lowes has a pretty good breeze through the tri-oval - not Martinsville. Perfect storm. Big old bowl of people and Jimmy Spencer and all that great food. Martinsville - best dogs ever! Great BBQ too. Lotta food at NASCAR events, lotta people.

Don't get coil-bound on your bump stops without Penske packers and D30 foam inserts. Got two French-Canadian lads coming to visit NASCAR, maybe Miguel too. Anglo's ain't sayin' much. Ron Fellows? GM Canada? Carpentier Chrysler? Can I get a Trevor Boyes? Wrong century Red-Cap.

Talk is up Aurora-way Stronach wants to play. Both of them; a two-tire stop with the special "Formula 1 inert gas" - wink, wink. Up one-round on the right jack-screw, leave the track bar alone, pull the left-front spring rubber out. Swipe the Oh-Two gell on your sleeve near the intake on the hood when your pullin' the windshield tear-off (Shhh). Pull that left front fender out. Clean the bugs off the smile and yank one layer of tape. No mistakes. Use the "special" air-guns. Go, go, go, go - good stop. Watch the pit-road speed - 4300. Hide from the radar behind Gordon. No the good one, Robbie.

Net-centric gearheads, try SPEED on TVU... I'm pullin' for Bowyer in the seven of Jack's, not a bio-attack. But I'd really rather watch the Supercars from Bathurst or Phillip Island.

Why do Hendrick cars sound "different" even from their client-motored rides? Wink.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 11-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

"(actions detrimental to stock car racing). "
Any body who messes with my race time is gonna get it...
BTW Vic...love the pit talk there....I may be one of only a handfull of females who actually understood that.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My Missus' follows motorsports very closely and has a better understanding of the nuances than I, especially with the COT. A great many folks would be surprised just "who" NASCAR is these days - it's folks like you AD. Really.

But back to the OP. Yup, sure sounds like "something'. My illustration using food was only one example. The people in the bowl part is no joke either at Lowe's or Martinsville - bio-chemically speaking, not that well ventilated. An incident at a night race would be pandemonium.

I was at Daytona the year they set up the Musco lights (for Bike Week) - shut them lights off at night - you can't see your hand in front of your face. Scary. We had a camp fire so no probs but one guy drove a truck into a camper trailer - folks got hurt.

Do politicos really need immunization to visit? Set a spell? It's another potential boogeyman out there in that scary nebulous Condor-like anxiety-laiden world.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
man that is some crazy news!

if something did happen this weekend, than that would explain why Northcom is having a martial law excercise starting Oct. 15- 20.

The United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) has just announced plans for an anti-terrorism exercise called Vigilant Shield 08. The exercise which is slated to run from October 15th to October 20th is described as a way to prepare, prevent and respond to any number of national crises. The exercise is simply a test case scenario for the implementation of martial law.

www.blacklistednews.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
To all the people who think that they would react when an event such as the above would happen... would you really?

I've seen footage of your students being attacked by your fascist school guards and seen teenagers tazered and beaten and not ONE, not one other person reacted at all.... they all just stood their all dumstruck...

Why would this be any different if a different type of terrorist attacked the car races?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hmmm, what's it been now, three or four weeks since the last set of predicted terror attacks?

Yep, I suppose its time to re-kindle a post so all you doom and gloomers can whack off for the weekend.

new topics

top topics

join