It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video evidence of voting fraud in the Texas legislature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Watch this video from CBS news documenting blatant voting fraud in the Texas legislature.

Video

Edit to change title.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is a clear violation of the law but the politicians get away with it. Another example of the hypocrisy of our politicians.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
So, umm, don't things get suspicious when the vote is like 250-150 and there are, say, 200 people in attendance? (hypothetical; I don't know how large their legislature is or what attendance % it is) I don't understand how this can even be happening. Not only is it illegal and unconstitutional, it makes absolutely no sense at all. It is an outrage both morally, legally, and in terms of simple common sense. The entire legislature has to be completely incompetent for this to be happening, as well as the designers of those machines.

"I would notice that there appear to be far more votes on the tick board than there were people in the room" is a direct quote from one of the ladies in that video. Well, really? Shouldn't something be done about that? Maybe they could vote on some kind of reform... oh, wait, that's not going to work...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

"I would notice that there appear to be far more votes on the tick board than there were people in the room" is a direct quote from one of the ladies in that video. Well, really? Shouldn't something be done about that? Maybe they could vote on some kind of reform... oh, wait, that's not going to work...

LOL...yeah the whole thing seemed so absurd, its democracy run amok.

I mean they were actually running around trying to beat each other to the vote button on the boxes. The scene could have been a saturday night live skit.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Is the voting done like this in DC? This is interesting. I always thought that in DC the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate called out each person's name and they voted that way. I could be wrong though.

To play Devil's advocate, I agree that it's wrong what they're doing in Texas, but maybe they need a percentage of people to vote to get things done. Like if the Constitution was to be amended, there has to be a 66% vote either way or it's pretty much null and void as I remember from my AP American History class. Maybe if they weren't doing this, things wouldn't get done. I've noticed that once you get elected to the house/Senate you pretty much show up 10% of the time and vacation the rest.

Tom

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well it doesn't surprise me at all. I've been in Texas a little over a year and an half and I've become very leary of all of the good ole boy games that they play here. Our personal property rates are extremely high and there is nothing to show for it. I can't wait for the right opportunity to get out of here, hopefully where ever I go maybe it will be a little less corrupt. Or maybe they won't try to cover it up so much.

top topics

join