It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the black hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Does anyone have any info on the Black Hand? The reason I ask is bc I remember going to my grandfather’s workshop when I was little. He was a carpenter and had I think maybe 8 or 9 employees. Well I was walking through it and in the back room, on the floor there was a black hand painted. I was too small to ask what was that but I remember playing with my cars and racing them up the fingers and such.

Any info would be appreciated
Thank you

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Black Hand was an ultra-nationalist south slav terror organization that many say are responsible for setting off the "powder keg in Europe" and igniting WWI following their assassination of Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in Sarajevo.

Is your Grandfather slavic, former Yugoslavian etc? The Black Hand is by far the most dark name for a "secret society" but unfortunately that's The Black Hand, sinister yes, but in the early 1900's.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Baphomet79]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Baphomet79 said what I wanted to say.

And, I don't think they exist anymore.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
see that makes no sense what so ever because i am from south america. my family incliding my grands and grat grands are NOT european. we are all spanish.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You said your family is not European but you said Spanish. Did you mean at one time your family was from Spain, or that your family has been from South America since before the late 19th century?

La Mano Negra, which was founded in Spain is the only other thing I could find that might be related. Here is a link, hope it helps. There is a reference at the bottom in Spanish that I cannot read, perhaps there is more info for you there.

La Mano Negra

Edit: Considering they were active in the 1880's I highly doubt your grandfather would be that old.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Baphomet79]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
we do have relatives in spain, but my immediate family is all from colombia. intresting find about that. but unfortunatly my gf is no that old he is 94 this year.

top topics

join