It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Lincoln County Witch."

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose

I don't recall anyone calling you an outright liar just questioning some of the facts and I can see nothing wrong with that. BTW if your father owned that property and sold it for 60.00, robbing his family of their home, then he was a very stupid man.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by goose]

I disagree, I would call him
a cold calculating spiteful drunk.
you don't know what he did to T in later yrs either
but that's besides the point.

[edit on 10/9/2007 by janasstar]

Does anyone mind if I reflect on something without some jerk saying that I am shopping for pity? Some have said that I need to get over IT. That I need to forgive. Let bygones be bygones.
Ok, I agree with you in just about all aspects of that. And I do forgive evrything that was done to me. But is it my place to forgive what was done to her? A lot of people shared in her demise, and I feel that her very soul cries out from the grave for justice.
But where does it begin? Most all the perpetrators are dead. Except maybe for the 3 rapists in Charlotte. Maybe I should share in some of the justice meted out. I was a young adult. I should have taken her more seriously. I should have tried harder to get her some help. I think maybe that is where a lot of the problem lies. I can't take it back, and I can't fix it.
But I can tell you all this, if you see the symptoms that T displayed; don't blow it off as one of those stages, that they will just get over. That is not a normal teen-age growing pain. Please, if you love them, get them some help!

It's time for me to go to bed. I can see that I am getting touchy again. Goodnight everybody. Forgive me! I will be better tomorrow. Things always look better in light of day.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I feel that her very soul cries out from the grave for justice.

Stop feeling that way. Just stop. Do you really think Tampa is spending her time in the afterlife worrying about Justice? I don't. I know I'm not gonna be all worried about whatever happened while I was alive. This is the whole heart of the matter here Janasstar. It's YOU that holds such animosity towards the perpitrators. Not Tampa. YOU have to let this go to continue living life to it's fullest.
YES! There are horrible people in your past, but, like you said:

Most all the perpetrators are dead.

They are, most likely, serving their own sentence in Purgatory and I, for one, shant give their miserable souls one iota of pity or even thought for their predicament.

Maybe I should share in some of the justice meted out. I was a young adult. I should have taken her more seriously. I should have tried harder to get her some help. I think maybe that is where a lot of the problem lies. I can't take it back, and I can't fix it.

You have to forgive yourself. This silly guilt your feeling isn't what Tampa wants for you, I'm sure. Let it go. We can all regret our actions in the past, but, the fact that we recognize our previous actions and make damn sure it doesn't happen again is what the whole ball of yarn is about. I know this is true because I've performed evil in my own lifetime. I eventually realized that and made decisions to NOT do anything like that again. Life is a learning process and every decision you make, dictates the life you lead. You can't go back and change the decisions, but, you can learn from it and recognize that maybe it was the wrong choice at the time and make sure you don't repeat it.

Live for tomorrow, not yesterday!

Hang in there lady!
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks again Cuhail,
you have a marvelous outlook!
I am better rested now.
Really like what your signature implies.
Just wish more ppl paid heed.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
this is the u2u that I got in return from skepticoverlord when I asked him to help me reveal my true identity here. So I guess he's not going to help on his end. but I have supplied as much as I can on my end. If you need more proof, ask, I might can find something.

sent: 10/9/2007 at 04:12 PM
I recommend against this. You will regret it.

His advice seems somewhat ominous. I have to wonder what the regrets could entail. How much worse could it get, than it has already been? I don't feel that I really have anything to lose, either way. My bro' seems to think that complete honesty is the best policy, so, why not??

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just wanted to post a bit of brightness.
to avoid confusion on what I am about to tell you; My brother Tru has a grandchild named Destiny, and so does my sister, Lorna.

My sister Lorna's grandchild Destiny was born on Tampa's birthday, July 10th. We do feel a little restoration on this day, now. We have something to celebrate, once again!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
After reading 19 pages of threads i am still non the wiser..

Granted that if its all true you had a relatively crappy hillbilly style childhood.

But the thread title is "The Lincoln county witch" when a havnt seen any witchcratft yet minus one part where "inez" i dancing round a flaming barrel

Its a sad story of child abuse and peadophilia etc but has very little substance towards the witchcraft part.

What evil stepmother or old woman doesnt know how to scare kids by saying "im a witch i tell you, and if you tell anyone you´ll die"

What there is here is a woman probably trapped in a back water, self styled "magic cult" where they dance around a burning barrel, drink grandpas moonshine and have an orgy afterwards...all fantasy.

And you being a kid, and impresionable, see and belive all.

A bit disapointing in all, an "anticlimax" on the witchcraft part..still, it would make an good "made for tv" type film i suppose.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to be mean though it probably sounded like it. So I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. You had said your father was smart in an earlier post to me since he would not build without ownership of the land in question and I merely pointed out he was not based on selling what should have belonged to his family for literally nothing.

If your story is true you really should consider working with a writer to get your story out there in memory of the ones you have lost. Your story points out the horrors of child abuse and the pain one suffers as a result that can't be escaped even after one is an adult.

I hope you can find some professional help to help you deal with the survivors guilt you expressed and the abuse you also suffered. Good Luck I hope things improve for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Haha there you go again, cant take "Criticism" very well again. Have to point out my grammar and spelling do we?

Thats pretty interesting that now youre trying to tone down on replying to others that may not believe you but youre still trying to attack us some how. A few posts back its fathead and now i cant SPEEL!

Originally posted by janasstar

Originally posted by j stuff

Personally i think your post style is to get as many posts as possible within this thread. Your own multitude of replies will keep it being bumped up to the top and making it seem there are more posts than there should be.

You sure do take critisism pretty badly also. Im sure youll blow up after reading this one.

I didnt read much about a witch at all. What witchly activities did she really do other than things that you just though were witch-like? Most of it was blending her demon son along with your family tradgedies instead of describing the witch herself.

Sorry my story is not up to your standards. And I have apologized for my outbursts as much as I intend to. Was your post here intended to set me off again? Too bad! I'm drained. Maybe you should take some spelling lessons or get spell check. Criticism is spelled as I have just written it. Tit for tat.
You actually read quite a bit about a witch; but you were looking for a flying being on a broomstick, perhaps? I said from the beginning that she was a self-proclaimed witch and that her charges were, 'false pretenses.' I don't think even Wicca or any relating categories of REAL witches would claim this woman.
After I was grown. I saw nothing 'witchy about her either. Just EVIL. Anything else I can help you with?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
THis is what i was thinking as well, this thread is basically "my childhood sucked and this is what happened to me in 40 posts"

Your thread is about a witch but you go off on all kinds of tangents and un needed information. We dont even want to know all about your family why did you bother posting it? To prove to strangers that you're a real person with real family that anyone can pretend to be? Heck i can pull pictures of anyone and their family tree to pretend im them, then make a thread like this. I dont think people really care much about your family tree. THis is the paranormal section of the website but all we get is a breakdown of your bad childhood.

Originally posted by andy1972

Granted that if its all true you had a relatively crappy hillbilly style childhood.

But the thread title is "The Lincoln county witch" when a havnt seen any witchcratft yet minus one part where "inez" i dancing round a flaming barrel

Its a sad story of child abuse and peadophilia etc but has very little substance towards the witchcraft part.

What evil stepmother or old woman doesnt know how to scare kids by saying "im a witch i tell you, and if you tell anyone you´ll die"

What there is here is a woman probably trapped in a back water, self styled "magic cult" where they dance around a burning barrel, drink grandpas moonshine and have an orgy afterwards...all fantasy.

And you being a kid, and impresionable, see and belive all.

A bit disapointing in all, an "anticlimax" on the witchcraft part..still, it would make an good "made for tv" type film i suppose.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
For all we know the witch wasnt even a witch it was just dellusional childhood memories of crazy stuff that happened back then. To better cope with the problem she makes out the lady into a witch.

Originally posted by goose
I wasn't trying to be mean though it probably sounded like it. So I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. You had said your father was smart in an earlier post to me since he would not build without ownership of the land in question and I merely pointed out he was not based on selling what should have belonged to his family for literally nothing.

If your story is true you really should consider working with a writer to get your story out there in memory of the ones you have lost. Your story points out the horrors of child abuse and the pain one suffers as a result that can't be escaped even after one is an adult.

I hope you can find some professional help to help you deal with the survivors guilt you expressed and the abuse you also suffered. Good Luck I hope things improve for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
this is the u2u that I got in return from skepticoverlord when I asked him to help me reveal my true identity here.

sent: 10/9/2007 at 04:12 PM
I recommend against this. You will regret it.

His advice seems somewhat ominous. I have to wonder what the regrets could entail. How much worse could it get, than it has already been?

I recommend against revealing your true identity too. The internet is full of people who will use your real identity for no good. Remember: the internet is forever. What you say today will be on some other forum years from now.

[edit on 10/9/07 by Zane Zackerly]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Perhaps you didn't read the opening story paragraph very well. It does clearly state that the story would be about 'HER' and the impact that SHE had on OUR lives. Is that not correct?
I never said that the moonshine was my grandpa's. The moonshine belonged to Inez. She ran it down out of the NC mountains, and bootlegged it. My g'pa did not drink. Anything else I can clear up for you?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

For all we know the witch wasnt even a witch it was just dellusional childhood memories of crazy stuff that happened back then. To better cope with the problem she makes out the lady into a witch.

Did you finish the story? Did you read carefully? I SAID that 'I' did NOT believe her to be a TRUE witch. This was HER claim. She had me believing it when I was a child. She had some uneducated, superstitious ppl believing that, for the purpose of extracting money from them.
What more can I tell you? It's all here. Just read.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Attention!!!

There is way too many posts in this thread with complete quotes of previous posts.
This makes it very hard to keep the conversation smooth and takes up space.
It is very easy to pare the quote down after you hit the quote button, just delete parts of the post you don't need to reply to.
There is also the "REPLY TO" button that can be used to connect what you are replying to.

If you cannot do either of these things, expect that your post will be edited and/oir you will receive a 20-point big quote warning.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

THis is what i was thinking as well, this thread is basically "my childhood sucked and this is what happened to me in 40 posts"

Your thread is about a witch but you go off on all kinds of tangents and un needed information. We dont even want to know all about your family why did you bother posting it? To prove to strangers that you're a real person with real family that anyone can pretend to be? Heck i can pull pictures of anyone and their family tree to pretend im them, then make a thread like this. I dont think people really care much about your family tree. THis is the paranormal section of the website but all we get is a breakdown of your bad childhood.

Somehow, I knew that my efforts would be wasted on some of the more 'pig-headed.' I guess you missed something that I almost missed myself when I was trying to post the pic of my mom in the hospital, that had her name under it. Look back to that post. What do you see there? What does it say when I tried in error to paste and copy from documents and settings from My Computer? But I suppose you will have some bright answer for that too. So, think what you want to. I know the truth.

At this point, there are about four viewers that I completely trust. I would be willing to give them the information they would need to locate my sis, and ask her any information they wish to verify the story. That would be: Cuhail, Shearder, Sobolwolf, Seentoomuch. Any of you four that wish to take me up on this and report back to the readers, I will be glad to do this. I am aware that anyone could just give a phone number and someone on the other end could pretend to be her. That's not the way I am going to do it. I will give the way that they can locate the listing for her and call her themselves. Okay, Is that fair enough?

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 9-10-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

Too late already did.
I can't conceive of any harm being done to me that I haven't been up against before. With the effects of the Lyme's, I don't think I would have to endure much of anything too much longer. Least of all, I hope not.
Because of the accusations of wrong-doing and ill-health, my bro' is considering terminating his forum website and the jewelry affiliate website. We want nothing to do with the slightest hint of mischief.
Again, our apologies to everyone that, that impression was given. That was all my fault.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
HI,
I logged on today just for this topic, I read it late into the night, WOW, what a study this is in forum dynamics, and human nature, this is what kept me interested.

This turned into a real soap opera.

BTW jan, I think it would be in your best interest to get rid of your personal information, you have posted.

Blessings everyone, please continue.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am beginning to
think that you and the
others are right about this.
It hasn't served any purpose to the scoffers anyway.
They just figure it was something else made up. For those that believe me, you all did not need the evidence anyway. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Still no witch?

Too much personal information.

This thread should be closed/deleted. The OP poster obviously is 'looking' for attention. Why else give all the extraneous personal information and no paranormal info?

I don't know, I think this thread needs to be sealed up to protect the OP from themselves.

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

i agree.

didn't want to post anything until i see where this thread is going. in the end, nothing paranormal. only an attention seeker, like doc said.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join