It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitley Strieber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I understand what side Mr. Strieber is on. Is he saying the Grays are good or bad? Cause he claims they are evil but also claims to like them and missed them when they we not around.
And everything else I've read says they are evil. I guess there could be good ones too???? I don't understand how much he like them if they are here to inslave us?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My understanding of his view is that they are from or inhabit or are trying to take us to a spiritual plane, one where we can reclaim our innocence.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Go to his website and ask him, he's a very sweet guy, and his wife would be happy to answer any questions as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reclaim our innocence???
I'm innocent. No reclaiming needed.lol
IMO i think instead of getting the best of us to go to their world and reclaim our innocence.They are probably evil and getting to go to their planet and being tested on. Of all the instances I've herd of the Gray's have been "evil".

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think calling them good or evil is ultimately in the persons POV, and how willing and open they are/were in recieving any and all messages that were given.
For example: the issue of taking reproductive samples from our species. Don't we do the same to creatures nearing extinction on the planet? Wouldn't this be an attempt by "scientists" to quite possibly save the human race in the case of a cataclysm, like the dinosaurs (except apparently the dinosaurs werent saved), and thus be considered 'good', but if the context is not understood of 'saving our species' it would be taken as a hostile action, forcibly taking sperm and ova without knowing (or remembering).

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Are humans good or bad? Some are good some are bad, sometimes the good are bad and sometimes the bad are good. I don't think that you can label an entire species or race as good or bad. Some individuals may do things that seem bad, but then they may have the noblest of intentions, like chiiru said, maybe the taking of genetic material is to prevent our extinction.

When do the ends justify the means?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, Mr. Strieber's take (Forgive me if I misquote you, Whitley)
is that basically, it is far deeper than just abduction, genetic material harvesting,
and cloning or hybridizing, they want something else we posses that they do not or cannot have (possibly being 1000th generation clones themselves)...and that my friends is a gift bestowed upon us by our Creator.....a soul.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

Hello,

I can't remember where I read this but there are greys, and there are grays. One type is supposeldy friendly and the other not. Could it be he has met both types?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostInSpaceTime
Cause he claims they are evil but also claims to like them and missed them when they we not around.

Well, I’ve had alloot of experiences, maybe over 100 to 150, and even though most experiences have been quite bad, as in painful, I’ll have to agree with Strieber, that for the good times, (in which are very limited) i rather miss the visits and so it can get to the point where after a week and they haven't came, (usually they visit 2-3 times a week) i feel i did something wrong. Because the experiences i have with these beings, is the best way i can actually maybe someday talk to them, (actually i talked to one very recently, but it didn’t lead anywhere special...

If only i could one day see them out in the open in the street or something, or meet them at a restaurant (you never know, it might be possible) and find out what's really going on. Or even get a ride into outer space and meet all the other beings out there, and then comeback, and tell everyone everything.......if they let me tell.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just got most of his "Gray" series in mass market paperback, starting w/ "Communion" -- I started reading it yesterday so I don't have a take on him yet.

He was mentioned quite a bit in a "2012 - The Return of Quetzalcoatl" book I just finished, as well as much to do w/ Grays. Look for these books in used bookstores, they're usually really cheap, around 2 to 3$ or at Amazon, I imagine they're really inexpensive.

Here is Mr. Streiber's site.

Here and here are a couple of threads I started regarding that 2012 book.

new topics

top topics

join