It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott supporters of Myanmar's generals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
We as consumers have the power to effect change in Burma.

The Burmese Generals gain their main outside support from China and Singapore. We as a community here online must start a movement to boycott the Chinese Olympic games and to boycott trade with Singapore.

If you intend traveling in Asia, avoid flying with Singapore Airlines or it's subsidiary Silk Air. Use alternative airlines. Anything connected with Singapore or China must be shunned until these countries change their stance.

Spread this concept to other online communities where you are active.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Yep, I'm with you Sy,even if your vindaloos cause volcanoes to erupt

On a serious note, consumers in Australia should avoid flying Singapore Airlines as a start, but most importantly...

Boycott Optu$ !!!

I know for a lot of people this is going to be hard, given Telstra has a piss poor record of customer service and all....BUT

There are other telcos, ISP's and so on you can use..

Me, I'm going to go thru the process of switching my phone and broadband away from Optu$ tomorrow (monday)...I'll take the best deal I can get outside of Optu$ and Tel$tra

For sure, this is the biggest way Aussies can pressure the Singapore Govt to have a quiet word in the ears of the powers that be in Myanmar...After all, over 50% of Singtel's net profit came from Optu$ last FY...

Its worth a shot folks...

In a couple words...

BOYCOTT OPTUS !!!!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Generals may rule the government, but the soothsayers rule the Generals. All is not as it seems. Burma/Myanmar has been taken over by ET. No, not that ET.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/08/03/wet103.xml

www.irrawaddy.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Don't forget Thailand,and again USA for its killings in IraQ.

"Regarding the dispersal of demonstrations, the Burmese [Myanmar] government did not use military force. Police were deployed ... I think there is no violence in the current situation. Everything is under control ... On the reports that Buddhist monks were assaulted, that cannot be concluded just from looking at the photos. As it happened in Thailand, sometimes people use violence against officials. So officials may have to defend themselves. There has been no political suppression ... Burmese authorities understand that they cannot use violence against Buddhist monks. They must use a soft approach. I was informed that Burma uses dialogue to solve the problem, and senior Buddhist monks have helped negotiate to end the problem ... We [Thailand] are a neighbor. If we get involved, that will undermine our relationship."

- General Sonthi Boonyaratklin, Thailand's own junta leader and military coupster, standing up for his colleagues across the border on Thai television on Wednesday night.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

Anything connected with Singapore or China must be shunned until these countries change their stance.

It's going to be tough boycotting Singapore. They have influences everywhere in Asia Pacific. Even TV channels and telcos in Australia are partly owned by the Singaporean Government.

Equally tough is China. Everything is made in China these days.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
More information is needed about what really happened in Myanmar during the last few weeks, and why. As Chao says, some video footage now leaking out can be difficult to interpret, since these are usually short bits of video shot in secrecy.

A recent report published in Yahoo! News, I think, cited anonymous Burmese persons reporting on some arrested groups of street protestors taken to the far northern part of the country, where there are a number of large crematoria. Since Myanmar is largely a Buddhist country, burial as such is not popular. Hence the crematoria.

But the anonymous Burmese persons related rumors that some protestors were put into the crematoria alive. Anyone hear any more about this? What I'd also like to know is, What country or countries helped Myanmar to construct these advanced crematoria? This represents a major investment. Evidently not just China, but Russia and India have been widely reported as being recent major trading partners of Myanmar.

new topics

top topics

join