It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Psalm 90: 3-6
Thou turnest man to dust; and sayest, Return ye children of men. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as asleep; in the morning they are like grass which groweth up. In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up, in the evening it is cut down and withereth.
(Ezekiel 37: 9-10; 12-14)
Then he [the Lord God] said unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, thus saith the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe up these slain, that they may live. So I prophesied as he commanded, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceedingly great army... thus saith the Lord God: Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel... And shall put my Spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land; (Ezekiel 37: 9-10; 12-14)
HEB 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
HEB 9:28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.
"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us'" (Luke 16: 25-26).
"The LORD will hand over both Israel and you to the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The LORD will also hand over the army of Israel to the Philistines" (1 Samuel 28:19).
Free choice also comes into play. The concept of Karma and reincarnation would mean that none of us are responsible for what happens in our lifetime and that we are merely pawns in the cosmic karma game.
In 22 cases the child’s statements were found to match events in the life of a specific deceased person. In such cases the play was also found to correspond to some aspects of that deceased person’s life, such as his or her vocation, avocation, or mode of death.
* The large number of witnesses and the lack of apparent motivation and opportunity make the hypothesis of fraud extremely unlikely.
* The large amount of information possessed by the child is not generally consistent with the hypothesis that the child obtained that information through investigated contact between the families.
* Demonstration of similar personality characteristics and skills not learned in the current life and the lack of motivation for the long length of identification with a past life make the hypothesis of the child gaining his recollections and behavior through extra-sensory perception improbable.
* When there is correlation between congenital deformities or birthmarks possessed by the child and the history of the previous individual, the hypothesis of random occurrence is improbable.
• noun (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as affecting their future fate.
You can see that this is indeed free choice. You are free to make any choice you want but there are consequences for your actions. You may suffer them in this life, if not, you will suffer for them in the next.
"It has only been in Scientology that the mechanics of death have been thoroughly understood." What happens in death is this: the Thetan (spirit) finds itself without a body (which has died) and then it goes looking for a new body. Thetans "will hang around people. They will see a woman who is pregnant and follow her down the street." Then, the Thetan will slip into the newborn "usually...two or three minutes after the delivery of a child from the mother. A Thetan usually picks it up about the time the baby takes its first gasp." How Hubbard knows this is never revealed.
I assume the failure to refute my points about Origen means he has conceded this point
in the 6th cent St. Origen was declared as "foremost heretic" or arch-heretic, by Western church leaders, mostly because of the popularity of the doctrine of Transmigration of souls which Origen taught along with the East.