It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 tonnes of coke, CIA, rendition....same old story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

A plane that crashed in southern Mexico earlier this week was attempting to deliver tons of Colombian coc aine to an infamous Mexican drug cartel, an official with the federal attorney general's office said Thursday.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to talk about the case, told The Associated Press that Mexican authorities arrested the plane's pilot, identified as Edik Munoz Sanchez, Tuesday night.

The 21-seat Gulfstream II plane crashed Monday in the southern state of Yucatan, about 160 miles west of the beach resort of Cancun. Police found bundles packed with 4 tons of coc aine at the scene.

src www.usatoday.com...

Ooops looks like USAtoday missed a few details:

Some news reports have linked the plane to the transport of terrorist suspects to the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, but those reports cite logs that indicate only that the plane flew twice between Washington, D.C., and Guantanamo and once between Oxford, Conn., and Guantanamo. No terrorist suspects are known to have been transferred to Guantanamo directly from the United States.

The jet, carrying the tail number N987SA, changed hands twice in recent weeks. But how it ended up in the hands of suspected drug traffickers remains a mystery.

src www.mcclatchydc.com...

The airplane landed checked on the prisoner-island Guantanamo, whose flight-data became, of European authorities with the suspicion at kidnapping of terror-suspecting between 2003 and 2005 at least three times. The then operator was the company Richmor Aviation, the airplanes to the further-rental offer, of those was used quite a lot for conspiratorial operations the CIA.

src worldcontent.twoday.net...

I think someone needs to inform the CIA that they might want to lighten the coke their transporting or increase the number of flights. How many CIA flights is this now that have crashed loaded with coke, seems like an all to common scenario. Perhaps they should stick to using boats. On the other hand having the rendition and drug operations on the same flight probably saves them a few bucks.

brill

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 28/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sorry but the english costruction of the second quote seems - well weak - could you find a more cogent and authorative source. USAtoday also has a pretty bad rep in my mind - kind of akin to the Sun and the Star in the UK - very much tabloid and light in substance.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yah the second quote was via a translated page so the wording is not the best. Alex Jones' site is also carrying this story:

www.prisonplanet.com...

I'll keep looking for sources but this is not something we'd likely see on major news networks.

brill

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 28/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What a depressing story. I'm always sad to hear that drugs were lost or seized. And they caught the pilot too. Bummer, but at least he survived.

There is NO sarcasm in the above paragraph.

Vas

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

If it was some real decent BUD thats different....But im so happy to see the stuff get busted when its junk or coke...cept theyll be selling it on the street for the cops private funds anyways, and i guess this is just a minor detour for the drugs after all....
The drug problem will turn into a shooting war between the people and the drugaddicts one day.....what else can result eventually?already they wander through the streets like homeless zombies creeping around the dumpstetrs of suburbia even(or couse half of suburbia is on drugs now....)
bergle

[edit on 11-10-2007 by bergle]

top topics

join