It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five suns phenomenon in Kazakhstan.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys. Nature is wondrous is it not? Even if science can explain this, it is still a stunning phenomenon. As one poster said those kids were lucky to witness this.

Ox

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Circular Sundogs or parhelic circle

Pretty cool stuff.. this site here gives some pretty cool information on it..

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
More info on halos here:

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Flick through the links - there's all manner of amazing variations, most of which we'll never see. I think they're more common in arctic regions.

Little wonder the ancients saw them as portents!

But the odd thing is that the one in the video is totally different from these descriptions and photos.
In the photos the halo is around the sun, in the video its like a giant ring circled around you.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
More on the Sun Dog Painting from Wikipedia

EXTERNAL IMAGE

While mostly known and often quoted for being the oldest colour depiction of the city of Stockholm, Vädersolstavlan (Swedish; "The Sundog Painting", literally "The Weather Sun Painting") is arguably also one of the oldest depictions of a sun dog. The morning April 20th 1535, the skies over the city for two hours were filled with white circles and arcs crossing the sky, while additional suns appeared around the sun. The phenomenon quickly resulted in rumours of an omen of God's forthcoming revenge on King Gustav Vasa (1496-1560) for having introduced Protestantism during the 1520s and for being heavy-handed with his enemies allied with the Danish king.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was wondering if the five dots are joined together with one continuous line would you get a pentagam? just the thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
And there shall be signs and wonders in the heavens....

Hmmm. Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it? With the rash of earthquakes lately and wars and rumors of wars... are we in the end times?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That is amazing, one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen.

It reminds me of the time when i was younger and i say a Rainbow Circle in the sky. Directly above us was a perfect circle of a rainbow.

This is so cool, and even cooler in the links that were provided that it mentions that Cireto had heard reports of a similar event, and mentioned it warrents future investigation.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dznetworks

Not really,

The frequency of earthquakes hasn't increased nor the frequency of other natural disasters. Wars? There hasn't been a time in world history where there weren't wars being fought somewhere on the planet. Again, the frequency hasn't changed all that much (in fact, it might be lower). People imagine a lot of things when statistically they'd be dead wrong. How would something completely natural (frequency doesn't matter) be attributed to a supernatural cause.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Amazing.

I've never heard of this before, but looking at Wikpedia, it definitely looks like 4 sundogs, and maybe a halo. Not sure though cause the picture of the setting sun and the sundogs on either side (on wikpedia) shows they seem to produce a small halo/ arc of thier own.

But good grief, if I had seen 'that' up in the sky I probably woulda freaked out, thinking it was definitely the end, or the start of something. Again amazing video.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I was thinking the exact same thing. It is almost like the sun is reflecting off of satellites. The others would be revolving around the sun where the sun would not be included in the circle. Or some type of daytime aurora. Here are some interesting pics from space Aurora

[edit on 28-9-2007 by mrsdudara]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Its weird still. I googled lots of sun dog photos but none of them look like this one. This gos all around the sky but the photos I see they are all in one area of the sky and face on.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Where is John Lear when you need him??? Maybe there really are 5 suns in our solar system, and NASA and the U.S. Government is hiding them from us!

Come on guys! The truth is out there!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
reply to post by dznetworks

Not really,

The frequency of earthquakes hasn't increased nor the frequency of other natural disasters. Wars? There hasn't been a time in world history where there weren't wars being fought somewhere on the planet. Again, the frequency hasn't changed all that much (in fact, it might be lower). People imagine a lot of things when statistically they'd be dead wrong. How would something completely natural (frequency doesn't matter) be attributed to a supernatural cause.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Donoso]

Still a very odd, beautiful and strange phenominon.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Amazing, never seen anything like that before. Thanks for the post bridas.

mojo

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's the fifth sun just like the Mayans predicted!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
It's the fifth sun just like the Mayans predicted!

What do you mean?(Ill google it.)

Oh and I'm glad other people have noticed the 5 sun halo in the video does not look like the traditional description and pictures of what people think it is. So I think some further investigation should be done before really knowing what it is.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The halo was not as bright but we had a nearly identical one visible here including the five suns about three years ago. You get a sun-dog on either side of the sun and a mirror of the two sun-dogs on the other side of the sky. Nobody here even remarks about them. We often see sun-dogs. They are generally not that bright though. I understand they get the brights ones like that farther north.

I'm sure others have explained about the effect from ice crystals acting like lenses but do a Google search and I'm sure you will find details.

Maybe a Mayan traveled North and being uninformed thought these were a mystical sign and misreported them when he returned home?

[edit on 9/28/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Simply amazing and a great video! There does seem to be a lot happening in the skies recently. Just coming home the other day I saw the shuttle take off, a big beautiful full moon, and then a vibrant double rainbow. It was sunny on one side of the sky and the other had a dark rain cloud with the rainbow visible over it. Quite striking because the darkness of the cloud accentuated the colors of the rainbow making it seem painted on.

Then, last night we saw a moon-bow. Even my jaded husband remarked that there was a lot of activity in the skies!

Thanks for posting this video, it was wonderful!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ran this by ATS's friend Robert Morningstar (of UFO Digest) being that he's a scientist/researcher (among the many other hats that he wears), and here is his reply about this phenomena after my query.

Hi Robert,

Have to first say how much Dave and I have appreciated you keeping us in the loop with "alternative events". They have been a source of constant discussion.

With that said, we've come across a strange video were hoping you can share some light on. Please view this video of a unique phenomenon that occurred in February, 2007 in Kazakhstan in a settlement Shubarkuduk. We've been unable to obtain any further information on it.

video.mail.ru...

Any ideas? We've thought perhaps Ice crystals?

Johnny
ATSMIX Radio

ROBERTS RESPONSE:

Hello, Johnny/Dave...

Regarding this video from Khazakstan

video.mail.ru...

That's a very interesting and beautiful video...
The best I've ever seen of "Sun Dogs"

The people are very happy and excited ...nothing scarey.
They are saying...
"Oh, look at that!...
"It's so exciting!...
"First time in the history of the planet!."

You are correct about the ice crystals in the atmosphere.

The crystals are refracting the sun's light in a circle causing nodes to form at 22 degree angles to the real Sun that appear to the human eye as the "Sun Dogs" (or "Mock Suns").

Some scientists would say "optical illusions" but if they were "illusions" then they wouldn't show up on video, right? That'a a minor technical point.

A better word would be a "mirage," which means a "sight" in French. It is an atmospheric effect that has been described and seen often in Antarctica.

As a matter of fact, I am including a photo of 2 "Sun Dogs" taken by a US Coast Guardsman in Antarctica a few years ago and another taken in the Yukon.

This tape is remarkable in that I have never seen 4 Sun Dogs in a ring simultaneously visible with the Sun.

It must have been glorious a glorious sight!

Regards,

Robert M*

here are some google links that show how they are formed and a series of photos of various types of "Sun Dogs."

images.google.com...

Formation of Sun Dogs:

ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu...(Gh)/guides/mtr/opt/ice/sd.rxml

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is a truly wondrous planet we live on. Great video, thanks bridas. If Earth suddenly did have four new suns, I would actually have to start believing the global warming alarmists.

[edit on 9/28/2007 by TheAvenger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join