It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Level 3 of Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Level 3 of Consciousness

www.memecentral.com...

I had no idea what topic to post this under, but it is something I find interesting,

6. Like all things, memes fit better with some things than others. Some memes naturally fit better in people’s minds. Some memes naturally fit better with other memes. When a group of memes fit well together and pull the strings of someone’s mouth and vocal cords so that they pass them on to others, a new, self-replicating thing gets created. The new thing is called a memeplex.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Soon our minds become filled with memes and eventually we may develop a map of life that mostly makes sense. We speak a language that we believe expresses anything we want to say. We use geometric and physical concepts that we believe explain anything we encounter. We know stories and myths that we believe relate to all of life’s trials and tribulations. This is Level 2. We have our roadmap, born of thousands of years of the memes our mind carries striving to make copies of themselves.

What do you think?

What are our thoughts made up of?

Can you have an original thought, that has not been something you picked up from another?

Are what we think of as original thoughts, just extensions of anothers thoughts?

Are we still living with, and expanding upon, the thoughts of the first thinkers, and are they not still influencing us?

Are we limited, and does something limit our imagination?

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Life is largely composed of conversations. Conversations are composed of memes. In Level 1 we are unaware of this. In Level 2 we see the world as a solid, understandable body to be interacted with. In Level 3 we see the world as a canvas to be painted, an instrument to be played, or a block of marble to be sculpted by us for our purpose. We choose to do this for good or for evil. If we choose good, good is returned to us in unexpected ways. If we choose evil, evil is returned. Either way, it looks like the way we choose is the way of the world.

www.memecentral.com...

How does one let go of the self-replication of memes?

By freeing oneself of memes does that free the imagination?

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What do you think?

What are our thoughts made up of?

Can you have an original thought, that has not been something you picked up from another?

Are what we think of as original thought just extensions of anothers thoughts?

Are we still living with and expanding upon the thoughts of the first thinkers, and are they not still influencing us?

Are we limited, and does something limit our imagination?

Totally cool line of thinking...pondering such thoughts myself. Dont have an answer, but it does make one wonder.

Havent read the article yet, but what is level 3...going beyond the conditioned way of thinking and expanding and collecting view points from 'outside' sources? (still not totally original...but what is that...or more precisely, from whence did it come.
This is going to sound a bit (more) confusing still - but perhaps it cant be understood on a linear level.

Well random (seemingly incoherent) thoughts thrown out there...

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

but perhaps it cant be understood on a linear level

what is level 3...going beyond the conditioned way of thinking and expanding and collecting view points from 'outside' sources?

linear level, I have heard that a lot lately.

Hi dAlen,
I don't know.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Reminds me of quantum mechanics/physics.

This is sort of the idea of a unified field. You can manipulate the field however you see fit, but if you pursue 'negative' ambitions, those same dreams will be flung towards you at light speed

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Reminds me of quantum mechanics/physics.

This is sort of the idea of a unified field. You can manipulate the field however you see fit, but if you pursue 'negative' ambitions, those same dreams will be flung towards you at light speed

Interesting thought.
Does this go for 'positive' ambitions as well? I would assume it would.

so if you have negative ambitions...I suppose that is where the 'conspiracy' theories come in...you have to 'bide' time as to somewhat hault the "flinging of your negative intent" back toward you. And in some sense, use sorcery...(a.k.a. manipulation in more practical terms) to 'trick' the universe into seeing your intent as benign.)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hello, here is where my head is at, at the moment.

cfpm.org...

Mutation, Selection, And Vertical Transmission Of Theistic Memes In Religious Canons

Dawkins (1976) coined the term meme (from the Greek mimeme, meaning "imitation") to describe a unit of cultural transmission. A meme serves as a memory device that can be propagated from person to person and from generation to generation in the form of spoken or written words or by example. Memes include ideas, knowledge, and concepts.

I am interested in this at the moment, but I can't say I fully understand it.

cfpm.org...

cfpm.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Any clair voyent people.

Anyone level 1 sensative like me.

I constantly change the Tv and know whats on before I see it.

Anyone else get annoyed from this.

top topics

join