It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

I have been popping in and out today, not really working on the puzzle.

Chimney sweeping, wood stove cleaning etc etc

Cold weather approaches and tomorrow it would be too scary

Boo!

I might have some time to help later on ! Keep Digging!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

since I can never leave an opening like this one untouched, the top two for you:

1. are you amish?
2. Bert, is that you? (kudos to the first one to get this reference)

meant in jest for those of you that think I'm serious. Disclaimer time: crakeur has neither a chimney nor the ability to get a chimney and, as such, he's jealous.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

since I can never leave an opening like this one untouched, the top two for you:

1. are you amish?
2. Bert, is that you? (kudos to the first one to get this reference)

1. Amiss maybe?
2. (not goose chasin today, otherwise known as I don't know)

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Mary Poppins!
And hey I used to do that too, before I moved to a city.
Yes I do know how to weild an axe.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
This is NOT a mission statement. It IS a description of the vision of what the ETHICAL, and Crowd Sourced media endeavor/company, of the very NEAR future, will be.

Springer...
[edit on 10-26-2007 by Springer]

This, as you can see, was back in the darkest dollnean days...and it referred to The Statement.

However, I think that as we now know exactly what the former dollnean statement is -- and that it defines the spheres image -- words such as "ethics" and "crowd" could well be in the spheres. Wouldn't surprise me if something like "Future Concepts" could be there as well, but possibly in an appropriately "buzzworded" form -- meaning one that might make no sense to the likes of me at first glance... Like "ecosystem" was for me... Now, I get it. Took a long time to seep through this thick skull, but I finally got it and can accept that in the modern context to which it is being applied, "ecosystem" works.

Perfectly. (Darn I never thought I'd admit that but when the truth hits you in the face you only got two choices. Ignore or accept.)

Personally and to the irritation of apparently almost everyone I still think the centre sphere could be "THE CROWD" or simply "EVERY-ONE" (Hyphenated perhaps). Without "the crowd", the whole network of inter-connecting and supporting spheres is as useless as a Nascar without that huge great powerful motor to make it go. In my opinion. But I'm repeating myself.

Bad form, I know. Very un-ATS-like. So okay, I'll shaddup for now...

Mike

[edit on 30-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I chop wood at Olga's mostly birch. LOL. 10 to the power of Duh!

I want to apologize to Crakeur. What the other member said about "cricket", I agree. I don't know you or your world view and I should know better than to trust anyone on the internet anyway. I have over-reacted to your humour. I plead ignorance. Nolo-conteste. Caveat lector. Given similar circumstances I can't promise not to do the same again but I will try harder to understand moving forward. Sorry. I'm guilty; Mira.

More fun speculation of what the future may hold!

Is it such a stretch that the retail aspect of TAN might just include some serious partnerships on a global scale? Trans-nationals. Biggun's.

Cross-cultural, cross-platform and cross-pollinating. 21st Century influence. E-tail and who knows a B&M store front? NYC'd be appropriate - vital for non-virtual reasons. Need a DVD? How about a game? Like puzzles? How about a book? How about a subscription to our media streams? We have it all. Wanna chat? Wanna get together friends online? Do a movie? Got a problem you can't solve? Bored? Seen something in the heavens? Catch a Doc? Little poetry or music? Hey are you interested in research and opinon? Got all that too. Join the team. Need a scary Halloween story? Try member AD'
. Participate? Sure, we'll even "pay" you to participate. Listen to a rare-speaker? Like news, real news? Click here. Do a meet-up? Flash-mob a subject? How about an E-Book? Want to share a hot vid you shot? Got a UFO conference? We can poly-cast that for you. Which media partners in what channels? Does your corporation want opinions on digital cameras? Telescopes? Need advice on "NEXT"? How about a script for a movie? Yeah, we have folks who are into that. Need a phone service? We might be able to get you a discount with our affliate. Like that.

User-centric and ethically process oriented.

Metaparadigm, World View, Paradigm, Conceptual Model, Theory-small, Middle-range Theory, Grand Theory, Context, Content and Empirical Indicators. Click here.

History Repeats - 1990 (I took the first two letters out; "Se" but THX fits as in THX-1138)

"THX, technology, excitement, records, films, products, real estate and video games...
Sigue Sigue Sputnik provide all this and more...
Let Spuntik World Enterprises handle your, ultimate fantasy...
For further information cantact your Sputnik Corporation - pleasure is our business."

Want the future your way? Right-click here, and select the "OK GO" button.

Mira

PS. Maybe even bigger... it is a world(s), y'know?

EDIT: For spelling and incantation.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

Hey Mira..thanks for the
on that story.Way cool.Doubt it should be included in that list though. But thanx.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mira_of_lurk0more
I want to apoligize to Crakeur.

not sure why you'd feel the need for that. I find it near impossible to be offended in a world of imaginary people.

Originally posted by Mira_of_lurk0more
"THX, technology, excitement, records, films, products, real estate and video games...
Sigue Sigue Sputnik provide all this and more...
Let Spuntik World Enterprises handle your, ultimate fantasy...
For further information cantact your Sputnik Coropation - pleasure is our business."

studio line from loreal. fixing gels.....

you, my well versed in the 80's brit pop genre lady, will never need to apologize again for tossing a Love Missile F1-11 into the mix.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Haven't you heard? The 80's are the new 20's! Wake up! Estee' Lauder, actually, but not often, it's not required. TECK-Cominco, thumb-a-jet, YYZ-La Guardia - Nathan's, dark mustard - SHOPPING! SHOES! (Sigue-Sigue is one of Attila's favs played it on his car system... I couldn't figure out how it get the car on the net). LOL. I had to look up what an F-111 was beside a song. Swing my wings. "I'm afraid of Americans.", Bowie.

Mira

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ahh, see, if you had the cd, you';d know that studio line, fixing gel and strong hold, were products "sold" between two songs. Brilliant concept, commercials between songs.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
CD? I don't need no stinkin' CD. Atty's Bay-Em-Vay has some sort of hard drive or flash thingie built in. It's a stupid interface. I-Drive... more like I fumble around. Nice ride though on BBS's. The DVD is is not bad, actually. He wants a paddle shifter 7 series. I want Mom's Miata. It's red and matches my lip-gloss by Revlon. You see? Anyone can do product placements too. But I am an 80's afficiando-ette. Product placements? Blade Runner.

Mira

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
ahh, see, if you had the cd, you';d know that studio line, fixing gel and strong hold, were products "sold" between two songs. Brilliant concept, commercials between songs.

Reminds me of a coca-cola advert id heard of.They put an Ice cold image of coco-cola between frames at a cinema showing of lawrence of arabia ..i hear it was a test ....On leaveing the cinema 9/10 brought an Ice cold cold coca-cola from the vendor out side

could be myth could be true...........they say Santa loves coke

thanks

PS thats the outfit id of been rocking if i of had been able to get to soho/nyc and the event .........lol

(the one in the avatar,.....you doing reseach? you missed it,where was you?)

cheers

[edit on 30-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is going to look very very weird. Don't worry. It's just me, Mike, venting in a way that is not too offensive.

Begin:

A triggered thought from something said in a recent post.

The music of the spheres...

Music in the spheres... Music. Performance...

Performance...publishing...

Isn't music a big part of it?

Music in one of the spheres? Sphere: Music/Performance/Publishing

Try it. Please.

I'm rambling. I don't even follow half of what Mira says but that's okay. She is orders or magnitude brighter than I could ever hope to be. I am always grateful to have even a passing association with people like Mira.

The world needs people like Mira. Young, thinking people who leave old ones like me floundering and also confident that the future will be in at least some safe hands.

Mira talked of deals. I get the deals with co's to make money. No mon, no fun. Sure. World-go-round etc. But...leave off "Se"? Was that it? I am totally lost. Know THX the movie but leave off "Se"?

U c what I mean? I am just not up to your level, people. For Mira and you all, it's plain as day. I cannot even imagine what I should be imagining. I missed the feeding. Jack didn't. (WTG JACK...Love ya for that...
)

I'm in awe of you all... Just wish I could get my limited marbles to take in what you say.

L'Oreal?

How does that link to the spheres? Isn't that what this thread is/was/ought to be about? The spheres, now the dollnean's done and dusted? I can't work out the link... Not even in French.

I'm raving.

Scary, isn't it?

Crakeur liked something I wrote. Crakeur has a touch of a sarcastic SOH which now I get it I enjoy, but when it comes to handing out points he usually is diligent.

Did anyone notice?

Will you continue to make ATS THE center and plough along until you all hit The Wall? Crakeur finds that chucklacious, I think.

Gee I hope I'm wrong. If so, then for heaven's sakes tell me!! SAY something. Don't just talk about L'Oreal
and
hair gel or face cream.

I don't follow you. Actually I do.You're letting off steam. This is good. But I'm just getting lost in the fog that steam creates.

So it's best that I leave off. For tonight, at least. Yes it's night here. Don't worry it will reach you.

I've got an awful feeling that I shouldn't have written a word of this.

Mike

Note to AccessDenied: I got your PM about the story place here onsite. Thank you. I'll access it when I'm able to take in what's there.

I tried to write a reply but hit the return button by mistake. I'm sorry...

Many many thanks for giving me the links....

Peace and light to you..

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Mike ..........you know me feeding went over my head like concord

ive gone off the idea that ATS is the center word.......Echo done me in on the last part of this jepodey.........im now replaceing ATS with YOU........im as sure as eggs are green that the center word is a small word but just in larger print

why do i think this?..........because im bit new to computers and have been learning photo/paint...and i was playing with the sphere image ,and the others,like many of us have ...im not as good as the ones that can see dot dot dashes and beeps in the images.but im learning

anyway

if it is YOU in the center word im going down the road of what is in the outer spheres are media types that affect us?

anyone want to concour?

goes back to colouring book..............LIZARDS do have red eyes

PS all the self edits i do ........ATS aint gonna pay me for "Squat"

im just happy i get the concept

tanks

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Mike ..........you know me feeding went over my head like concord

ive gone off the idea that ATS is the center word.......Echo done me in on the last part of this jepodey.........im now replaceing ATS with YOU........im as sure as eggs are green that the center word is a small word but just in larger print

why do i think this?..........because im bit new to computers and have been learning photo/paint...and i was playing with the sphere image ,and the others,like many of us have ...im not as good as the ones that can see dot dot dashes and beeps in the images.but im learning

anyway

if it is YOU in the center word im going down the road of what is in the outer spheres are media types that affect us?

anyone want to concour?

goes back to colouring book..............LIZARDS do have red eyes

PS all the self edits i do ........ATS aint gonna pay me for "Squat"

im just happy i get the concept

tanks

Wow...

Now I know we are supposed to trim poststs but I'm going gaga here on this darned spheres thing and if you guys can talk about Loreal and face cream then why should I trima damned post???

Hey, I agree with you!! YOU is cool... The centre sphere is about people. About either a group/crowd/everyone (quoting Springerr), or about the individuals who amke up the afiorementioned. Gee my typing is going weird...

Hey also even if you all think that Mike has totally lost it (and you all can look me in the eye and say that you never did??), well, hey also, like I said...

just a second
checking what Isaid.

O yeah...

Hey also, I can tell you that having fooled around with photoshop for a few thousand hours (no exaggerations) over the past few years, you can make those spheres' centres blur any darned way you like. That the fact of it. That's , I mean.

Sooo... The centre sphere may be just one word but please listen to me guys it ain't ONLY "ATS". This is BIGGERRR!!

Think outside of the square?
Think outside of the SPHERE, okay??

Media types that affects us...YES! But also, remember the dollnean phrase and bear in mind that they ought to be also media types that we/everyone can use to evolve the content and the ideation, and the publishing. They all must be part of what the everyone/crowd will draw upon so interconnectivty is vitally important. More than that, it's essential because it'graphically illustrated in the image.

Is graphically illustrated a tautology?

Never mind...

I agree...

The centre sphere is not about some darned piece of slicked up tricked up made in china child labour shiny thrre year warranty then it crashes piece of hightech junk, it's about people. People people people... Living breathing thinking people. You, me (maybe lol) but people. Not machines. they are on the outer spheres, along with other human creations like banking, podcasts, Tv, sat radio, image sharing, ethics, peer-to-peer but legal stuff...all that.

But to make it all work and workwhile and worthwhile at the core, at the heart, and the center -- do you DIG this?? -- you gotta have living breathing people!!!

Mike.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Was that my attempt or Mira's?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I am going to go back and review all the remember videos

and see if I can get a list of "keywords" which might follow the direction you and others are heading.

Be back in a few....

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just to show i dont think we have all lost it here is my original post on the spheres picture and in hind-site the only word id change is wecast for now...it was a spelling mistake apprantly

EDIT: but radio TV and books are in it ?......you wouldnt know dick with out em...........

dont forget

cheers ATS......stand up bring it

PPS im not saying there the correct words

its just my concept

[edit 9/11 2000 and done N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

I don't even follow half of what Mira says but that's okay. She is orders or magnitude brighter than I could ever hope to be. I am always grateful to have even a passing association with people like Mira.

The world needs people like Mira. Young, thinking people who leave old ones like me floundering and also confident that the future will be in at least some safe hands.

Mira talked of deals. I get the deals with co's to make money. No mon, no fun. Sure. World-go-round etc. But...leave off "Se"? Was that it? I am totally lost. Know THX the movie but leave off "Se"?

JustMike neither do I, follow. It's all very transitory and ephemeral. Youth without experience is... youth. "IT" - is experiential. The future will never be safe, neither was the past. Movie Tag: Marathon Man,"Is it safe?"

JustMike it's mostly about YOU. (I'm not yelling) The big YOU. The US which is HERE. The HERE that is EVERYWHERE. Reread this thread when you have time. Some of the stuff and linkage is dynamite. It's about CHOICE and PARTICIPATION on EVERY inter-related level one can IMAGINE.

The Brave New World is the same as the older generation 2.0 Brave New World - it's the CONTEXT that's the dynamic or variable. COMMUNICATION now has CONTEXT and CONTENT. Not so much NOW but more NEXT. NEXT has a future. NEXT is a CULTURE. There was a comment about Google many pages back; in '01 it was NOTHING now it's approaching EVERYTHING (not exactly but the idea is there).

Communication has become hyper-contextualized. The dog's off-the-chain. You may be experiencing what Alvin Toffler called, "Future Shock", don't worry tomorrow it will be yesterday's news for MSM to cover. Read what happened or "happen" yourself. LEAD.

The new currency is YOU. INVENT! IDEATE! It isn't about consumerism, it is about PEOPLE and HEARING and SHARING both VOICE and AGENCY and developing WISDOM COLLABORATIVELY that can be APPLIED to YOU. The big YOU. The GLOBAL YOU.

JustMike you haven't been left behind. Not one bit. Actually it is the rest of the WORLD catching up to your VALUES and ETHICS. The "good stuff" never changes. Try Emanual Kant. You see, like the graphic paradigm or conceptual framework interchange - it is cyclical and looping in every important way. REGENERATIVE INNERVATION. "Anything-Anytime-Anywhere." Neural. Everything is a deal - an agreement of sorts - try searches on "Creative Commons Agreements."

I've been sponging all this up HERE on this THREAD of which this passage is a STRAND. Together they make the FABRIC or TAPESTRY. SPHERES of overlapping influences and common interests of, by and for YOU; US. The "them" part is going away on hiatus. That's what makes it go. TAN might be a real change - And totally bust-out of the old paradigm. DYNAMIC is "in" STATIC is out. The tipping point is near.

Label the diagram - however... it is a system model, 4 Dimensional in scope. BIG. It will change to suit the aspects of it's unique neccessity and reach beyond that for NEXT. It is VIRTUALLY ALIVE and LIVE.

Mom's back. Dinner time. She's been to the deli! Sandwiches, really, really good sandwiches! Brought to you by the Mira's Sandwich Company LLC and proud affilate of this GLOBAL META-CHANNEL. It is just IDEAS JustMike.
Yours are GOOD. That has VALUE. That has a FUTURE.

THX, "Sex" was the original word... I didn't like how it would appear to fit so I changed it. Love Duvall, a movie I'd enjoy on the "right for me" sticky site.

I'm young... it could all just be hype. NOT.

Mira!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
1st Video:

evolution/revolution
Power to the People
Crowd Power
Change Everything
Your Revolution

youtube TAGS: 11.5.07 revolution digital abovetopsecret

2nd Video:

What if?
You and your friends
and your neighbors
and your countrymen
and the world
could be heard

What if?
You all listened to each other?
Would that be a revolution?

What if?
The dynamite was digital?
your revolution

any possibilities for the spheres from these first 2 videos?

I am reviewing the rrtfon file which I have only seen from the citizen-awareness.com page

[exit stage left]

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join