It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bombers buried under airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Facinating history here digging them out would be difficult though....

www.stelzriede.com...

BERLIN - An airport used by hundreds of thousands of tourists and business travellers each year could be sitting on top of thousands of live bombs. Papers among thousands of files captured from the Stasi, the secret police of East Germany, claim tons of live Second World War munitions were buried in concrete bunkers beneath the runways of Schoenefeld Airport in East Berlin.

It is now the main destination for discount airlines, such as Ryanair, and numerous charter companies. Not only did the commissars intern munitions beneath the runways, but also entire Nazi fighter planes, all fueled and fully bombed-up, according to the Stasi.

"They would have stuffed them anywhere they could - there was simply too much stuff to blow up all at once," said Karl-Heinz Eckhardt, a Berlin historian. "There was a warren of massive Nazi bunkers beneath the site of the present airport that would have suited their purposes."

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I live in Berlin at the moment and hear stories like that before. Schonefeld is even home to lage outdoor parties in the summer I was even there a few times good thing I live far away from Schonefeld.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
cool thats where I have to go
must have one of those planes hahah could i go to rotterdam by plane and when i am finished working there could fly back to northern part of holland

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's an old story but still very interesting. I think some WW2 historians want to dig there. Also, if a gaztown pipeline explode, no wonder what will be the results. This place should be demined.

- " Hey, I don't see anything. It's too dark. Gimme your light "

- "Sure "

- " Click "

- KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
imagine if terrorists get hold of it...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
what I want to know is whats under Siemenstadt. Its Berlins headquarters for Siemens. Siemens being my past employer Ive been there many times its a selfsustaining city with everything a powerplant hospital what ever you want. What I always wondered was whats under the complex maybe some new tech's etc.

top topics

join