It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cities, roads, and pyramids found 2000 feet underwater off Cuba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Take a look at this video and as the pictures of the underwater formations appear and you be the judge... natural formations? Lost cities?
What do you think they are?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-9-2007 by doctorlove]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorlove
Take a look at this video and as the pictures of the underwater formations appear and you be the judge... natural formations? Lost cities?
What do you think they are?

Doc, is there a link to a text and pictures on what you're talking about? I've sat through several minutes of this and don't see a thing about underwater formations. At this point he's just giving 2-3 sentences about a site and showing Google Earth views.

I got tired of sitting through stuff unrelated to your question.

Do you have a place name? Pictures? Links to stories about it?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If anyone's wondering where exactly those two places are:
1 and 2
It took me about 5 minutes to find them so I hope it's useful to someone.

There must have been expeditions to these places, right? I mean, it's not like the place is miles and miles deep in the middle of the ocean.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by dramafreak]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's in popular scuba diving territory in Cuba:
www.cubalinda.com...

You'd think that if there was something strange down there, scuba divers would be showing photos of it on old National Geographic specials. I remember watching Jacques Cousteau. If there was a road or pyramid or houses down there he would have gone there and all the scuba divers in the world would know.

Cuba's government wouldn't hide it, because they could charge a lot of money to dive there.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I believe they have to do with Atlantis. Just as the Bimni Mar roads. Good to see there's more and more info on the area.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
its about 3 minutes in i believe... when the camera moves to cuba it goes off shore and shows pictures of intricate lines under the water

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
OK, I'm typically a skeptic that doesn't bite easy, but can you say "holy freakin' wow"? Yeah, that definitely doesn't look natural.

We really need to send this puppy down there:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The problem with Google Earth is that sometimes folks draw conclusions that don't match the facts. The area is pretty well known. Lots of boats and divers there, and it's a popular scuba diving area.

Yes, fault lines can make nice straight marks and ridges on the Earth. Take a look at this picture and notice the flow lines and grooves... straight and run for long distances:
soundwaves.usgs.gov... (this is off Puerto Rico)

Notice these same flow lines below Cuba (this isn't the most detailed map, but it gives you the idea of several flow lines). :
esp.cr.usgs.gov...

The Caribbean plate is a very active one, and has a lot of these cracks. Here's a good article on them:
www.mantleplumes.org...

Oh... and the area HAS been explored with submersibles -- 1997 by John McCosker. It's being further explored by wildcat oil companies.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Did anyone see THIS? To the east of the fault lines?

It seems odd, to me; but I am no expert on this.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm going to try to get some good oceanographical maps of Cuban waters and see if these are, in fact, fault lines.

My current theory is that this is a small neolithic village that sank following the floods of the Ice Age. That water doesn't look very deep, and the complex doesn't look very big.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here’s the exact location of the sunken ruins found by ADC in 2001. The small area in pink is where large cut stones were found. This particular sea shelf is at a depth of 670 meters or 2200 ft.

www.huttoncommentaries.com...

As you can see from Google Maps, the satellite image over this area reveals nothing. It’s just too deep.

Satellite image of western Cuba

ADC only released one close up of a Side Scan Sonar image. Too bad they didn't show any more.

www.morien-institute.org...

Here are some Maya ruins found in the Yucatan.

mayaruins.com...

I think ADC is too busy finding sunken ships with treasure and giving the loot to the Cuban government. In enough time ADC will be rich enough to finance their own Abyss Research. A great deal of wealth has been lost in the depths of the Carribbean due to storms and shallow reefs.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by lostinspace]

[edit on 24-9-2007 by lostinspace]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorlove

Recreational diving goes to 130 Feet. Tech divers maybe can go 300 feet......depending on mixture and deco times...........needs more than a satellite pic I think. Although, it is cool to think about! Maybe something down there..........

top topics

join