It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Curriculum in Oregon Schools Stirs Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Mexican Curriculum in Oregon Schools Stirs Debate

www.kgw.com

Some Oregon high schools are adopting Mexico's public school curriculum to help educate Spanish-speaking students with textbooks, an online Web site, DVDs and CDs provided free by Mexico to teach math, science and even U.S. history.

The Oregon Department of Education and Mexico's Secretariat of Public Education are discussing aligning their curricula so courses will be valid in both countries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I can see the benefits to students and the schools by implementing such a plan, if the goal is to assimilate large numbers of Hispanics. But this will also pave one more brick in the road for increased illegal immigration.

www.kgw.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
if this isn't a step towards the North American Union, than what is it?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Speaking as someone from Oregon.... I must say, I think this is already an illegal safe-haven state. There are apartment complexes that I can name, but will not, that ONLY seem to rent to illegals. Rockwood, Gresham, Beaverton, are all over-run with illegals.

Supposedly we have a LOT of farming land that keeps them coming here for jobs. Our mayor is actually trying to pass "Day labor" centers to cater to them.

Not to spout racism or anything, but the areas 100% Hispanic are unsafe, people die, and law enforcement does not seem to be able to do anything about illegals when they are called out.

Hopefully no other states follow.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that hispanic areas are more violent, since a good portion of them are likely in gangs.

new topics

top topics

join