It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection and Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So, let me first state that I love ATS... if it wasn't for ATS, then i would have never tried to astral project. The most knowledge I had on the same sort of subject is Lucid Dreaming.

With that said, I have come across some really neat AP (astral projection) threads and the topic has caught my attention. I used to be very religious in the Christian faith, however i feel as though i have become way more open minded in my years of traveling and going to school. IMO, people are people, and all religions probably have some truth to them, and being spiritual is a state of mind for anyone of any religion, even those with no religion. People are people, and we should all treat each other with love and respect. I know thats a little off subject, i just felt that you guys should know where i stand on that, because though I am very unexperienced with AP, i do feel people should look at the world unclouded before they try.

Astral projection to me, seems very much possible. I believe that AP is also a very spiritual experience.

Well, after i read a few threads, i did a few days of studying the subject. I was very intrigued, and kind of scared to try it out myself. I do believe in human possessions, and I once thought that I myself might be possessed (but that could just be my paranoid side). I thought AP could be another opening, even if all that stuff was just in my head.

A few days after reading a lot about the subject, I just had a feeling inside me that felt it was time for me to try. I cant tell you what it was, I just felt very calm and that I was now mentally prepared. I had a really good feeling about it, I felt calm, and a little tired (which i thought would help).

So, I laid down on my bed with the blanket on (in case my body was going to get cold) once i left it. I asked my guides (of whom I have never met, and could just be angels IMO) to watch over me as I tried to AP.

It took me a lot longer that i thought it would, i was expecting 15 min or so, when in reality it took me about 35min. Let me just say though, I don't really know if i actually projected... that is why I am writing this thread. Anyway, I laid down and tried to relax every part of my body. Once I was relaxed, both physically and mentally, I used the "rope" method (which is imaging a rope over your body and your spiritual body grabbing on to the rope and pulling itself out of your physical body) to try and AP.

This is where it got "weird" for me. The rope method wasn't really working (or maybe i was doing it wrong, it was my first time), and like I mentioned above, I was fairly tired when I tried to AP. I felt myself starting to fall asleep, but right before I fell asleep I remembered what I was trying to do, and let me tell you, I don't know how to describe it, but it just felt like it was the right time to release my spiritual body from my physical one at THAT specific point. I imagined my spiritual body leaving my physical one one more time, and I felt myself sit up in bed! At that exact point, I heard a woman whispering in my room and my house was completely empty! I wasn't scared or anything, I felt really calm, but I just laid back down in bed. My eyes were shut the entire time. After that, I heard a man talking to someone downstairs. At first i just thought it was my dad, but my dad is away on business, and like I said, the house was completely empty.

After that i fell asleep for about 4 hours... and this was at like 1130am! I had woken up for class that day at 7am.

Anyway, at first I thought maybe I had physically sat up in bed, but my thinking that I heard a woman in my room and a man downstairs, now makes me think that maybe it was my spiritual body that sat up in bed (and that is why I could hear the voices) and that i was in the spiritual world, or astral plane. Either way, the experience was very calming. It has been a little over a week since that first try now, and I haven't felt like I have been ready to try again, I haven't felt that same feeling as I did when I felt like I was ready the first time, which is ok with me, because ever since that time I have felt a sense of enlightenment. I still remember my dream from after i fell asleep that day, and i also wonder if i was astral projecting in my dream.

This post has two purposes.

One: i wanted to share my experience with APing (being a newcomer) to everyone else out there that is also new to the subject.

Two: i want to talk to those of you that can AP. I want to know what my story sounds like to you. Do you think i physically sat up in bed? or was it my spiritual self? When you AP, does everything feel physical? can you feel your body making a motion or performing an action? and what do you think the voices were?
I just really want to get all of your opinions and advise.

Thanks for listening everyone.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I just realized that this post is in the Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts section of the mysterious forum, and I don't know how to change it to the regular forum, so could a MOD please move this to where they see fit? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah, this should probably be over on the Paranormal Studies board. But hopefully you'll read this before the mods delete or move this thread.
It sounds like you may have begun to leave your body. I'm not familiar with the rope method that you described. I have always relaxed and imagined my feet growing several inches below where they actually are, and then retracting. Do the same thing with the top of your head. Then do both. Continue doing this gut each time, "grow" a little farther out. By the time you're up to about 12 inches, you should be able to sit up like you did or even fly out. A good rule too is to create a rope that attaches to your real body and tie it around your astral waist. that way, you'll never get lost on your way back to yourself. It sounds crazy- the whole idea of getting lost and never returning. But I never tested to see what would happen if I didn't do it. I hope that helps in your attempts at astral projection/transcendental meditation. I swear though, a few times I would get stuck kind of half out of my body. I'd be walking down the street and suddenly feel like I was 6-12 inches above and behind my head. It was like I was playing a third-person shooter game for the pc. Really wierd. Just be careful and have fun.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Kool, another board to check out. When I died I moved up into the corner of the room and looked down. that's all I got.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
WOW, I want to first congratulate you on your new found awarness outside the religous path. I have had experiences before the subject came to my awareness so I know quite a bit. These voices, I have no idea what they are! I am listening t o them as I have a telephone in my head. IT is different than a dream, where if you think of it it happens- THese experiences , you are fully awake and listening.

My experiences:

1. Two woman talking about something (friendly voices). 20-30 years old.
2. 1 Man talking (friendly) talking to someone (did not hear other)
*THese voices are NOT talking to me, its as if you picked up a telephone and just listening.

Others

1. Demonic
2. Demons (group of them)
3. Deflated Baloon figure
3. Uncontrolled floating
4. Dimension Travel

top topics

join