It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran/Syrian chemical explosion kills dozens.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Iran/Syrian chemical explosion kills dozens.

www.jpost.com

Proof of cooperation between Iran and Syria in the proliferation and development of weapons of mass destruction was brought to light Monday in a Jane's Defence Weekly report that dozens of Iranian engineers and 15 Syrian officers were killed in a July 23 accident in Syria.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It says they were killed a in ajuly 23rd accident.Why is it coming out now?Setting Syria and Iran up with even more dirt?

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
look at the link *biased news source*

they say in a `janes defence report` - yet don`t supply the report or link - and its not on the janes defence website.

hmm suspect.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
look at the link *biased news source*

they say in a `janes defence report` - yet don`t supply the report or link - and its not on the janes defence website.

hmm suspect.

You have a membership to Janes ? If not then how would you know if its in here or not ?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yup... defiantly looks like Israel is getting the same propaganda treatment as we are in the west.

I heard that Rupert Murdoch had recently purchased new outlets in Israel, but haven't been able to find out which ones... This really does look like a perty "Foxy" site to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Yup... defiantly looks like Israel is getting the same propaganda treatment as we are in the west.

I heard that Rupert Murdoch had recently purchased new outlets in Israel, but haven't been able to find out which ones... This really does look like a perty "Foxy" site to me.

We disagree al ot but your right lol.This link came off the Fox news site.Either way,I figured I'd point out they are still building a case for war,or trying to anyway.

www.foxnews.com...

It's in the big list on the main page of latest news.When you click it it brings you to that site directly,not even a Fox summary article and the link ha.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Man, that was just a wild guess based on the "smell" of the place.
Dad always said I had a knack for smelling BS.

It's the same stink that originally caused me to have doubts about the reports of Iran's alleged support for rebels that we butted heads over.

After doing a bit of digging, I've found that the Jpost actually belongs to Mirkaei Tikshoret and Conrad Black! In case you missed the resent Black scandal, he's a former-Canadian Neo-con who just got his ass sued off for illegal dealings. Former Canadian because he renounced his citizenship in a hissy fit... and we were all rather glad of it.

I've long suspected Black of being a hidden partner of Murdoch. They share the same pompous total disrespect for journalism.

Conrad Black's business ambitions probably always ran second to his urge to be an intellectual force of conservatism. He did not want to simply own newspapers. He wanted to use them to help to reshape the political culture of his native Canada, and to influence that of the United States, Britain and Israel.

Source

I think that story can safely be filed under P for propaganda.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

yes i do actually have a membership thank you.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This was reported on back in late July. At the time there wasn't any real explanation, just that it was caused by the high temps at the time.

It's in a thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The whole thing still sounds like BS. Both explanations stink.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I love how you guys just completely dismiss this story, but are so willing to believe b.s. stories as long as they support your beliefs/agenda.

I mean, is it really that far of a stretch to believe that these two state sponsors of terror... these two dictatorships that are hell-bent on wiping Israel off the map and destroying the US... could possibly be experimenting with chemical weapons? Just because you consider the sources to be biased does not mean that they're liars. I think most of you are biased but I wouldn't say that you fabricate stories.

Some of you are just so willing to abandon all common sense when it comes to things you don't support. Your hatred for Bush and his Administration actually has you believing that TERRORISTS could never be playing with chemical weapons. Give me a break! You're supposed to deny ignorance, whether it supports your personal beliefs or not.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I love how you guys just completely dismiss this story, but are so willing to believe b.s. stories as long as they support your beliefs/agenda.

We're saying this is a BS story.
Not very credible, un-verifiable, and coming from a source that has a fairly clear agenda.

That's not to mention the poster claiming that the story's one cited source (Janes) never actually said what was claimed

I mean, is it really that far of a stretch to believe that these two state sponsors of terror...

Belief is a pale thing in the absence of proof.

these two dictatorships that are hell-bent on wiping Israel off the map and destroying the US...

You are aware that the comment "wipe Israel off the face of the map" was a complete fabrication, right?
Read this

could possibly be experimenting with chemical weapons? Just because you consider the sources to be biased does not mean that they're liars. I think most of you are biased but I wouldn't say that you fabricate stories.

I'm so utterly against bias that I could be said to be biased against bias.
Ironic, yes?
I can live with a bit of Irony in my life... so long as I'm free of mass-media imposed delusions.

Some of you are just so willing to abandon all common sense when it comes to things you don't support.

Funny how some people will believe the official line even when there is absolutely no evidence to support it.
Even when the sources of that official line have a proven track-record of manipulation and lies.

Your hatred for Bush and his Administration actually has you believing that TERRORISTS could never be playing with chemical weapons.

Your belief in the mass-media generated images has robbed you of the ability to think critically.

Give me a break! You're supposed to deny ignorance, whether it supports your personal beliefs or not.

Exactly.
Start doing some real digging into the facts and maybe you can catch up to the rest of us, thus shaking off your own imposed ignorance.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by BitRaiser]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I don't know the answer, and please remember that I was the one to call for more input. So, don't take this the wrong way please.

When you say you have a membership, is that simply an online membership? Its my understanding that the magazine portion of Janes is a physical paper copy, and as such requires that subscription in addition. Tell me if thats incorrect, or if you have a subscription to the paper magazine on top of the membership if you would please, 'cuz like I said, I don't know the answers, but I hear that not everything in the mag is online.

[edit] - Oops, my request for more input was in the other thread about this. My question still stands though, since I dont have a subscription to Janes Defense Weekly Magazine, since it costs over $300.

Without that magazine in hand, or online, its gonna be hard to verify anything.

[edit on 9/21/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

I don't think waiting for verifiable sources is being biased. Niether explanation cites any evidence other than hearsay. If the chem. weapon theory could be shown to be true I would gladly believe it. I am sure that Iran and Syria have the capability to manufacture and use chemical weapons but without some proof, saying that is what caused this explosion is just speculation.

And for the record, I don't hate anybody. You don't know me so please don't make that judgement. There are a few people I don't like but I don't come anywhere close to hating them.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The report said that the explosion sent out a cloud of chemical and nerve gases, including the deadly VX and Sarin agents as well as mustard gas, across the facility in the northern city of Aleppo. The claims could not be verified independently by sources in London and the United States.

times online

Had a quick look on the syrian site mentioned (sana) but couldn't see anything although i didnt trawl to far back

top topics

join