It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail Photo, WOW!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Most of you are being very smug and dismissive about the notion and quite frankly the idea is not beyond the realm of possibility let alone a new one.

The Army used serratia to test whether enemy agents could launch a biological warfare attack on a port city such as San Francisco from a location miles offshore.

For six days in late September 1950, a small military vessel near San Francisco sprayed a huge cloud of serratia particles into the air while the weather favored dispersal.

Army tests showed that the bacterial cloud had exposed hundreds of thousands of people in a broad swath of Bay Area communities including Sausalito, Albany, Berkeley, Oakland, San Leandro, San Francisco, Daly City and Colma, according to reports that later were declassified. Soon after the spraying, 11 people came down with hard-to-treat infections at the old Stanford University Hospital in San Francisco.

SFGATE

Years Ago, The Military Sprayed Germs on U.S. Cities

In Senate subcommittee hearings in 1977, the U.S. Army revealed that weeks before Mr. Nevin sickened and died, the Army had staged a mock biological attack on San Francisco, secretly spraying the city with Serratia and other agents thought to be harmless.

The goal: to see what might happen in a real germ-warfare attack. The experiment, which involved blasting a bacterial fog over the entire 49-square-mile city from a Navy vessel offshore, was recorded with clinical nonchalance: "It was noted that a successful BW [biological warfare] attack on this area can be launched from the sea, and that effective dosages can be produced over relatively large areas," the Army wrote in its 1951 classified report on the experiment.
Mindfully

Chemicals sprayed on Americans secretly by its own government?
Get out...thats conspiracy mumbo-jumbo. Couldn't be true right?

Wrong.

I bet if someone even mentioned the possibility back in the 50's that something suspicious was happening they'd get hammered for thinking outside of the box...too bad our government doesn't except us to, and knows they have plenty of average frightened folks that will deny everything for them.

Now I'm not saying that these trails are CHEMICAL trails...I do not know concretely one way or the other...but I'm not going to smugly dismiss the possibility outright that some may be. Considering that this has happened before it's not far fetched at all.

P.S. No one has stated that every plane sprays chemicals and to suggest so is just an attempt to derail the thread and dismiss the idea.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am personally of the belief that most of the trails that we see are in fact contrails, but there are others that seem to defy that theory also.

Here's a few pictures I've taken around here and they don't seem like contrails at all... Perhaps someone here would find these interesting..

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A big possibility I see for the chemtrails is an attempt at helping with the state of the globe. With the obvious rise in temperatures over the last decade or so and the ice at the north cap melting at such a fast rate it seems that the planet is warming up for whatever reason that you choose to accept. You can see large storms becoming more common and increasing in average strengths all over the world today.. It doesn't seem to me that ma earth is in a great mood these days, easily set off if you will.

So who's to say that the scientists that work for the government aren't frantically trying some methods over larger populated areas and desolate areas as well to see if they can reduce the amount of heat that is being absorbed or radiated? I know that it would take quite a while with all of these advocacy groups that we have to get it leagally done, in some countries the public isn't even entitled to have input on this topic , so it's broadcast to them what they're doing and why. Here, that type of publicity would draw wayy to much negative attention and we'd have new groups of people fighting the cause. Much easier in the long run to just keep the topic under wraps as most people in america don't look for news beyond what they're shown in mainstream media, so a large percentage would go completely unaware of such an operation.

The one thing I don't get is that clouds are supposed to increase temperatures at ground level, so I haven't thought much beyond that, but I realize it could be a flaw in the above thinking.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I previously posted about seeing these trails being laid when playing golf. These were not normal airliners going from destination to destination. This was one plane making repeated passes and leaving these lines. Only explanation for the multiple passes is that it was studying topography or something like that. If so I don't think they would be flying at that extremely high altitude.

I have no doubt that we have planes spraying stuff into the air on a regular basis. I would just like to know if the stuff they are spraying is harmful or beneficial to humans. The constant denials would make one think it is more on the nefarious side of things.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Chemicals sprayed on Americans secretly by its own government?
Get out...thats conspiracy mumbo-jumbo. Couldn't be true right?

Wrong.

No one is arguing that it's impossible that the government ever put chemicals in the air via airplane, or ever will again. We detonated nuclear weapons on US soil didn't we?

What's being argued is that there is absolutely no evidence of a large scale chemical spraying program being undertaken by the US government using commerical airliners as the delivery system.

What's being argued is that "chemtrails" are nothing more then persisting contrails.

I certainly don't think if dangerous chemicals were being sprayed by the government en-masse they'd do it in a manner that the evidence hangs around at thirty-thousand feet for everyone to see for hours at a time.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm assuming someone with aviation expertise has already gave detailled descriptions of what each of those devices shown on the original plane picture are used to measure?

I haven't made up my mind whether chemtrails are real or not... most likely not. However, I still find the pictures of skies densely checkered with lines quite amazing, no matter what really causes them.

[edit on 9/19/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The first picture looks like regular contrails to me. Do you know how many flights per day there are in the US alone?

Air Traffic Control: By the Numbers

On any given day, more than 87,000 flights are in the skies in the United States. Only one-third are commercial carriers, like American, United or Southwest. On an average day, air traffic controllers handle 28,537 commercial flights (major and regional airlines), 27,178 general aviation flights (private planes), 24,548 air taxi flights (planes for hire), 5,260 military flights and 2,148 air cargo flights (Federal Express, UPS, etc.). At any given moment, roughly 5,000 planes are in the skies above the United States. In one year, controllers handle an average of 64 million takeoffs and landings.

For every one flight you see listed on an airport monitor, two you don't see show up on air traffic controllers' screens. It would take approximately 7,300 airport terminal monitors to show all the flights controllers handle in a single day and approximately 460 monitors to show the number of flights being handled at any one time.

So, yeah. It's not out of the ordinary for there to be so many contrails.

As for those instruments, I don't know what exactly each of them are, but they look like various sensors to me.

Various sensors instruments
Some more sensor instruments
Even more sensor equipments

I'll email those pictures to my dad, he's an aero engineer. Maybe he can explain what they are. But I'm guessing they're just sensors, not spraying devices.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
No one is arguing that it's impossible that the government ever put chemicals in the air via airplane...

What's being argued is that there is absolutely no evidence of a large scale chemical spraying program being undertaken by the US government using commerical airliners as the delivery system.

From some of the dismissive posts it certainly seemed as if the idea was beyond possibility and I doubt most knew it had happened before either. At the same time, the OP never argued that he/she had the smoking gun evidence of a massive plan to spread chemicals over the cities of America. I saw the OP present the possibility.

As he/she said:
"Absolutely no proof, just interesting pics."

No one had evidence in the 50's until decades later but the fact was that is was happening.

I believe to some extent something similar continues to this day. The chemicals and reasonings may not be for the same purpose but there is something suspicious about those trails to me. I would assume it wouldn't be solely for the purpose of harming us outright (although it could be at some point) but for something less obvious and more insidious. Given this governments past record with using civilians as guinea pigs I can't help but wonder.

Just my personal opinion on the matter.

I certainly don't think if dangerous chemicals were being sprayed by the government en-masse they'd do it in a manner that the evidence hangs around at thirty-thousand feet for everyone to see for hours at a time.

You familiar with the concept of hiding something in plain sight?

Since we can't go up and analyze every streak in the sky and since they can be viewed as merely contrails then in that sense hiding massive evidence of a chemical trail(s) would not be that difficult at all.

I'm sure the germs/bacteria/chemical clouds sprayed over Californian cities could have looked like nothing more than a fog or a mist...how would anyone know the difference? How hard would it really be to hide a chemical trail in the middle of a group of contrails?

When it came to actually spraying the public in the 50's hiding the actual process was more than likely not even a major concern, and I think that part would probably be the easiest thing to do.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
The government doesn't need to have an 'official story' on what 'Chemtrails' are, as they are ACTUALLY normal, everyday, persistant contrails Contrails caused by high flying aircraft.

I think not but since i am yet to finish some responses i started months ago i can't get involved again.

If you want to prove this wrong, then you may as well start by answering the following question.

Why can't Contrails persist and fan out into clouds?

Well basically because some 'experts' tell us it can't .

One unique type of cloud is manmade. Contrails occur when exhaust from jet engines condenses. A narrow line of moisture makes up the contrail. Winds eventually dissipate it; in some instances conditions permit the contrail to survive for many minutes (their straight lines do distort). Contrails are believed to affect weather by raising both short and long-term temperatures (one estimate is for about a third of a degree per decade). Here is a MODIS image taken over the southeast U.S. on January 29, 2004 showing a large number of contrails (at times more than 2000 planes are over the North American continent at any one time):

rst.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The condensation trails (contrails) that form in the wake of high-flying jets are another interesting example. These cylindrical clouds have variable lifetimes and water concentrations depending on environmental conditions. In some cases the contrails can persist for many minutes. But they do slowly diffuse, much like the smoke plume emitted by an acrobatic aircraft.

www.sciam.com...

Contrails are linear cloud features comprised primarily of ice crystals that are produced from the emission of water vapor and particulates from jet aircraft exhaust into ambient air. Contrails form as a result of the relatively warm aircraft exhausts mixing with the cold ambient air of the middle and upper troposphere. Since most aircraft cruise at altitudes of between 10 and 13 km (typically the 300�100-mb layer), the temperature at contrail level is typically -40�C or colder (Beckwith 1972; Gayet et al. 1996). As a result, most water droplets are thought to freeze spontaneously after contrail formation (Pilie and Jiusto 1958; Boin and Levkov 1994). Once a contrail is produced it typically will last only a short time if the ambient humidity is low, and may never be evident from ground level. Only during a unique range of favorable conditions will contrails persist and spread, both horizontally and vertically, producing a cloudlike sky.

here

www.abovetopsecret.com... A introduction of sorts...

www.abovetopsecret.com... So much work left undone but it IS hard when you are outnumbered and don't find the topic worth a additional few dozen hours of research.

Since we agree on at least some things i would be interesting to see what you think about my contribution to exposing, well i would like to think, the conspiracy.

Stellar

[edit on 19-9-2007 by StellarX]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What about the possibility that there is actually spraying going on, but that those trails really are CONtrails and there are (sometimes, if spraying occurs) chemicals in them as well?

I know that may come off as a convenient way to explain the idea that the government is spraying covertly. But they could be doing it, knowing full well that they can tell people the trails are condensation from the jet engines, while not having to admit to the spraying activity.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ok, I think I have figured it out.

Here is an official NSF report stating the use of nano-technology. Also I will list some other links which show the DARPA connection with all this.

www.technology.gov...

The chemtrail and Morgellons Disease is starting to become more clear in that they are creating a neural network. Morgellons are ACTUAL fibers that could be a reaction to the nano-technology that we are ALL breathing in. We are being wired for the collective hive and once they equip us with the implant chips we are able to be controlled by new technology as in AI computers. Follow this link it will give many DARPA websites that CLEARLY give evidence that this technology is real and WILL be used.
blog.myspace.com...

HERE IS A LINK TO DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE ANNUAL BUDGET OUTLINE.
On page 37 there is PROOF that the Nanotechnology is real. Check this OUT!!!! It 457 pages 3.5mb so be patient. It's WORTH IT...
www.darpa.mil...

[edit on 19-9-2007 by sir_chan]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chan
Ok, I think I have figured it out.

Here is an official NSF report stating the use of nano-technology. Also I will list some other links which show the DARPA connection with all this.

www.technology.gov...

The chemtrail and Morgellons Disease is starting to become more clear in that they are creating a neural network. Morgellons are ACTUAL fibers that could be a reaction to the nano-technology that we are ALL breathing in. We are being wired for the collective hive and once they equip us with the implant chips we are able to be controlled by new technology as in AI computers. Follow this link it will give many DARPA websites that CLEARLY give evidence that this technology is real and WILL be used.
blog.myspace.com...

Now that definitely gets an "A" for creativity but that has to be the most far-fetched paranoid delusional view of contrails that i ahve ever seen. I hope no one really believes that or are getting professional help if so. Good God.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Ok, I just got a response back from my dad. He tells me those instruments look like Pitot tubes.

From Wikipedia:

The basic Pitot tube simply consists of a tube pointing directly into the fluid flow. As this tube contains air, a pressure can be measured as the moving air is brought to rest. This pressure is the stagnation pressure of the air, also known as the total pressure, or sometimes (particularly in aviation circles) the pitot pressure.

My dad says they're probably specialized instruments to measure the specific conditions of the particular section of the atmosphere the aircraft cruises at.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Now that definitely gets an "A" for creativity but that has to be the most far-fetched paranoid delusional view of contrails that i ahve ever seen. I hope no one really believes that or are getting professional help if so. Good God.

The interesting part is that you say this without even really doing any research. It took you a whole 5 minutes to conclude I am delusional. Without even doing any research, you are the epitome of ignorance. You don't have to be ya know...
DENY IGNORANCE. I learned that last night from Mirthful Me. carry on....

Actually, one more point. Delusional is exactly the phrase people are getting labeled who have the Morgellons Disease. Go here and find out the what, where & why about Morgellons:
healthsciences.okstate.edu...

Here is a very interesting article with photos about Chemtrails and Morgellons: www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have no doubt chemtrails are real and are of the firm belief they are used for more than one purpose.
1: global warming and the lack of understanding there of.
2: improved communications as a compliment to the haarp program by using the heavy metals to facilitate communications. Doesn't have to be just haarp though.
3: radar and visual camouflage

The fact that morgellons seems to be linked I believe is a byproduct but a real issue.

My point in posting though is if this isn't a conspiracy, why don't Russia and Japan have these trails?Just about the rest of the world is getting these and some stories from citizens concerned in other countries never saw these trails until American military exercises were performed.

So if you can find these chemtrail pics from Russia or Japan then I will be surprised.

If you can't then there's your proof it's a conspiracy.

An interesting view/story if it hasn't been posted already

b

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
All you need to do is look up everyday and watch.

Chemtrails are real unfortunately and they are harming you, me, the plants, the soil, the animals, our waters.

You need to observe and if you still deny don't complain when you or your loved ones begin to suffer from the effects they are spraying down on you.

Chemtrails like most other subjects is going to have believers and non believers all I suggest is you take every moment you can and watch your skies for one month day and night and you will see.

In the evening watch how they cover the Sun.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Interesting photos. But, photos cannot prove anything, nor can official information, actually nothing we are told or shown can prove anything since we can be lied to. So what's left is our logic, our mind. And the first question that comes to mind: Do they have the motive to do this? Why would they do this?

And first answer that comes to my mind is, sick people means those people need to pay for medical procedures, pills, drugs, and so on. There's a real economic gain from keeping the population sick and buying meds. And there's no profit to be made from healthy people.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

My point in posting though is if this isn't a conspiracy, why don't Russia and Japan have these trails?Just about the rest of the world is getting these and some stories from citizens concerned in other countries never saw these trails until American military exercises were performed.

Tomorrow when the sun comes up, I will snap photos of "chemtrails" and I will post them here. There are no American military exercise here so I wonder what the explanation will be this time

Sometimes a spade is just a spade.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yeah Russia and Japan have them too. They are called contrails and they are everywhere. No one is attaching big cans of RAID to jet planes and dispersing them over the population.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ive just been lookin at those airplane pics with the funny mods on so i did a little googling and found this site which may explain a few things

www.weathermod.com...

take a look!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join