It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens died in Syrian-Iranian chemical weapons experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Dozens died in Syrian-Iranian chemical weapons experiment

www.jpost.com

According to the report, cited by Channel 10, the joint Syrian-Iranian team was attempting to mount a chemical warhead on a scud missile when the explosion occurred, spreading lethal chemical agents, including sarin nerve gas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting. In light of recent Iran talk this could be seen as picture of what may come. I'm no weapons expert but do militaries always have weapons armed ready or is this a sign? I don't know.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hmmmmm....

I wonder if this was some of the Iraqi stockpile that found it's way into Syria a few years back.

I guess it didn't come with instructions..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Hmmmmm....

I wonder if this was some of the Iraqi stockpile that found it's way into Syria a few years back.

I guess it didn't come with instructions..

Syria has had a known stockpile since way before the Iraq war.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
OK. So then if this story is true, why would they be loading this warhead onto a missile?

Doesn't that mean they intend to use it?

Thank goodness those guys weren't handling the nuke warheads that were loaded onto the American bomber

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Maybe a test? Maybe due to recent Israeli activities they are just making sure their arsenal is ready to go, if needed.

I wouldn't make the assumption that they are planning anything, as Israel is the one carrying out aggressive acts at this time.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am not suggesting they are planning something. If the Iranians or Syrians or Israelis are arming missiles with bio weapons and it is assumed they are being loaded to USE, then this is bad.

Unless this is routine, which I can't imagine it is, then there may be more to this.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Scud missiles suck.

Not a very effective weapon vs. the PAC-3.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Is there any confirmation from anyone other then the Jerusalem post and the Israeli government? I wonder if its from the same guys who said Saddam had a stockpile of nukes...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yet, scuds with Chemical Warheads on them that could be carried out to a different destination would be much more sucessful than a Scud just lanched and detonated somewhere in the air. As apposed to the chemical getting spread in the ocean or possibly a near by river or stream that taps into our water source. People are so slow sometimes.

WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Pootie
Scud missiles suck.

Not a very effective weapon vs. the PAC-3.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
I am not suggesting they are planning something. If the Iranians or Syrians or Israelis are arming missiles with bio weapons and it is assumed they are being loaded to USE, then this is bad.

Unless this is routine, which I can't imagine it is, then there may be more to this.

The article only mentions chemical weapons.

To be honest, I haven't seen this anywhere else yet, so I'm taking the story with a pinch of salt, to be honest.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It would seem to me that this news, as embarrassing as it may seem, would never get out unless they wanted it to. I could be wrong, but now we're all talking about dangerous weapons that the Iranians and Syrians have at their disposal. Could this be a bit of installed fear from Iran/Syria to keep their enemies from attacking?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by superheterodyne

It is my understanding, by no means am I an expert, that most chemical munitions need to have parts of the munition assembled before firing them. They are basically inert shells till they are fully assembled. I could be wrong but it makes sense, that way you don't have "accidents" in storage.

new topics

top topics

join