It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State theft of supplies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There have been many good threads re having plenty and the right supplies but one of my concerns are in times of war the thieving Goverment come up with scams to take it from us.

How does one prevent this, I know it may be easier if your out in the sticks but if you live in a well populated place how do you prevent the local authorities from stealing your supplies. You know the no hoarding stuff and officers will be round to make sure you have not done so. Is it best just not to tell anyone of your plans even close friends or family, any idea's.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Knowledge is power. People talk. The less anyone knows about your plans in advance, the better your odds will be. There are 2 main rules for survival. One is to never tell everything that you know.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I have the same question. Sharing information with friends and family and my suggestions and reasons for them to prepare may eventually cause problems. I hope not. Sometimes, I think it best to do things "quietly". On a positive note, I feel okay about it, because I have warned them.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Siren, I've encountered the same thing with those around me. Sometimes I really do wish I could borrow their blinders for awhile though. I've decided that these are people I love and they are for the most part smart people. They've just made different choices than I have about how they view world events. I also believe that for a long time they've led happier, more productive lives than mine has been because they did put their faith in the system. Now, as the system is failing them they are beginning to go into a state of depression and fear that I learned to live with decades ago. I really do feel sorry for most of them. I wish they never had to see their bubble burst.

Some (not all) of them I will offer a place in my planning when, and only when, the proper time comes. Timing is crucial though because just as I have a circle of people that I want to include,,so does each one of them and that is an endless chain. As hard as that sounds, I can't allow the lifeboat to sink. Just let whatever you disclose be at the proper time and for the proper reason. You'll know what to do when the time is right.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
in times of war the thieving Goverment come up with scams to take it from us.

The gov't wont just come knocking for food/ammo supplies, but anything that can be used for the war-effort.

Evidence of a prime example can be seen on properties in almost every town/villiage in the UK. If you look at the stonebuilt walls fronting most Victorian/Georgian/Edwardian houses you can see metal stubs in the capstones where the gov't requisitioned 000's of tons of scrap iron by taking away iron fence railings from the front of people's houses.

Private vehicles and/or their fuel could well be treated in much the same manner if such a national need for war materials arose again

top topics

join