It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery illness strikes after meteorite hits Peruvian village

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Those weird jellyfish creatures are actually Sirian space ships according to this VERY convincing video: Link

If you found that video to be convincing, you should also check out this one: Link

I'm still thinking that chemical poisoning is the most likely cause of this, but ground or water locked terrestrial organisms is also a credible theory.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Two threads going on this one.
Other Thread on this topic.

Weird stuff for sure.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Here is the updated report.

According to the report, 200 have fallen ill from mysterious gases.

LIMA -- About 200 villagers have fallen ill from mysterious gases that spewed from a crater after a meteorite crashed in southeastern Peru, but no radiation has been detected, officials and scientists said Tuesday.

"It is a conventional meteorite that, when it struck, produced gases by fusing with elements of the terrain," he said. He also ruled out that the object was a satellite.

News Source:
Meteorite strike leaves 200 ill in Peru

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
where's the picture of the meteorite? I don't see it anywhere. how do we know it was an actual meteorite? it could have been Blue Ice from a plane or just some space junk. A mud hole doesn't really prove anything much right now.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
There isnt a pic of the meteorite yet as the crater is full of water
Here is a link to a video and story from UK Sky news

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
There isnt a pic of the meteorite yet as the crater is full of water
Here is a link to a video and story from UK Sky news

news.sky.com...

That doesn't make much sense. Wouldn't someone immediately pick up the meteroite and put it away on a safe place?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

That would make sense if it is accessible, and if you believe there was actually a meteorite.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Not exactly. Taking into consideration the circumstances (people falling ill/initial reports) it's far more practical to first study what is visible. Once you've done initial tests to what's around and in the crater they'll then remove the rock. If they'd dive in right away just for the rock? That would disturb the outlying regions producing far less precise test results. The rock isn't all that matters, ya'know?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
BBC also now reporting on it:
"Hundreds of people in Peru are reported to be feeling sick after an object from space, believed to be a meteorite, crashed to Earth."

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Watchtheskies

That being said at this point I think a large portion of the hundreds reporting to feeling sick are just feeling sicosematic symptoms. If this continues to spread or hundreds start dropping dead I will change my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Revelations 8:11

And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Here is an AP article which shows some preliminary findings, the have not found any evidence of radiation poisoning but have taken blood, urine and hair samples for further testing.

One doctor said it could be a psychosomatic reaction to the event.

Scientists puzzled as Peru meteorite details emerge

Peruvian astronomers said evidence shows a meteorite crashed near Lake Titicaca over the weekend, leaving an elliptical crater and magnetic rock fragments in an impact powerful enough to register on seismic charts.

As other astronomers learn more details, they too said it appears likely a meteorite hit Earth on Saturday — a rare occurrence.

We need to keep an eye on this story, if anyone is fluent in Spanish maybe check the local reports and see if there are more "eyewitness" accounts to get before this disappears under the radar.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Revelations 8:11

And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

interesting quote there. but who would be drinking the water from this muddy pond? I think they have natural water and resources and drink clean water right? and how would the poisons get into the water from that are to the water aqueducts? but a good find. how did you get that?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Probably some country testing new chemical weapons. Since when do you get a 'strange odor' 'headaches' and 'vomiting' from a meteorite.. Some type of new chemical weapon carrying viruses etc, little bit more discrete than mustard gas..

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm sure that no one would be drinking the water directly from the crater, but it may have contaminated a local reservoir or the available ground water.

I got it by reading the bible BTW. I'm by no means Christian, and this doesn't reflect my actual thoughts on the subject. I just wanted to throw it out there for the sake of the thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So, finally, scientists claimed that they have solved the mystery illness after the meteorite hits the Peruvian village.

And what is it?... Mass Hysteria!

News Source

But doctors who visited the site told the Associated Press they found no evidence that the crater had actually sickened such a large number of people.

If noxious fumes did emanate from the crater, they were most likely the result of a hydrothermal explosion that could have actually formed the crater, or were released from the ground when the meteorite struck, if in fact one did, according to many geologists.

Really solved? or Mystery deepens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join