It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand up or you will be tasered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is a video to illistrate my point.

www.youtube.com...

If you do not resist but refuse to comply they use pain to force you to comply to demands that you may believe are unlawfull or imoral.

This is torture.

If I was to believe that I am being falsly arrested and do not resist, yet fail to comply they would use torture till I broke and chose to get up and agreed to leave with them.

The idea of peacefull non resistance is now countered with torture. Literally, inflict pain till they agree to go with you. No different then the cattle prods ranchers use.

I have seen many of these videos, they could easily do the old cuff the hands and feet and the three person carry like they use to, now they want to force you to give in and agree with them, this is Orwellian. "We will break you"

They are also taught to say stop resisting so any evidence in court or media will support there claim they had to torture the person.

I have seen at least 4 of these where 4 or more police tasered people to get them to go with them instead of just cuffing them.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thats a nasty little video there.. Thanks for sharing I have not seen that one. Alot of yelling and high energy there. From what I saw and heard in the video doesnt put me in a postion to comment to far into whats going on here.. What did he do to get on the floor?
Why where the cops there?

Why did they feel they needed to taser him?

From my end looked like another example of very poor police work.
Police are humans too, and get carried away far to easy. You give these guys the ulitmate power over others, and expect them all to play by the rules? Never works. We need a seperate force which police the police, but then who would make sure they dont abuse the power?
Its a never ending cycle, which humans will contiune to struggle with in life.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Before they used tasers, they used headlocks, batons and pepper spray.

Just noting that it wasn't all "please come with us citizen!" "Right-O, sir!", and if they resisted it was a game of chess.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Sytima]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

The point that bothers me is they were saying stand up or we will taser you again, when they already had him cuffed, he just wouldnt walk with them.

news story
dailybruin.com...

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Why did they feel they needed to taser him?

Thats my point I have seen this same thing about 4 times now, I can find others and post them, it seems they are being trained to taser, or pepper spray until the person complies with what they say. You must obey, passive resistance is gone.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Thats just wrong then!!! I heard the students asking for their badge numbers!! I would have too! These cops did a poor job, and should be held accountable for their actions.

This is what gives good cops a very bad reputation. And it seems we have more bad cops than good cops..

The Good cops, if you are out there, I have something I would like you to know.. Please help us! Stop these bad guys who protect themselfs with the Law and their shields!

Please protect what you swore you would protect! I know there are some good folk, who truely care about the world we live.

I am waiting for that good cop to do something! I would for one, stand behind him and protect him when he needed help.

You can just bring down the bad guys without a fight.. ITs how it is in this world.. I wish there could be peace, but peace is a long ways away for us humans here as a soceity. When the "good" guys act like this!!!
What other choice do we have besides taking them to court? Its going to blow up one day, I think we all have that feeling sometimes when we see images and video such as these.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think tasers suck, and basically encourage cowards to torture people.

But it still beats the hell out of a blackjack.

At least a taser leaves marks you can photograph as evidence.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The good old days of being hog tied and thrown into the back of a police car are over. They want to make you feel pain and suffer a little first.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
The good old days of being hog tied and thrown into the back of a police car are over. They want to make you feel pain and suffer a little first.

I think they want you to submit, in the end they want you to do what you are told. A hogtied person still believes he does not have to comply if he does not resist.

Ghandi would be a friggen lighting rod if he was around today.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Sickning

I'm thinking they are practicing when martial law comes into effect!

Actually though its horrible how they use thier power, I have seen this in real life a few times and its tramatic to see someone hit with a taser.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I remember as a kid, the police used to say "Get Down" or "Get on the ground", but here we hear them saying, continually, "Stand Up, Stand Up!".

Strikes me as just strange.

If he's cuffed already, they could of just grabbed him and "walked" him out, as they do at the very end of the video.

I'd love to see what had happened before the tape started rolling, then the entire context would be there..oh well.

When did this happen?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The whole idea of the taser is to cause convulsion of the muscles. Some people loose control of there large muscle groups for a short while, the cops should know this, thats why I think they are some evils bastards. You often see in vids of taser usage where the cop will continue to tell the person to stand up only seconds after being tasered, then tased again for failure to comply.

I do think that the guy in the video might have been a mouthy punk.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mother_jung
The whole idea of the taser is to cause convulsion of the muscles. Some people loose control of there large muscle groups for a short while, the cops should know this, thats why I think they are some evils bastards. You often see in vids of taser usage where the cop will continue to tell the person to stand up only seconds after being tasered, then tased again for failure to comply.

I do think that the guy in the video might have been a mouthy punk.

Absolutely irrelevant if he was mouthy or not.
Get the badge numbers, their names, etc.
Meet them at their car, on their way out to work, and leave them in a pool of their own blood after you have beaten the snot out of them, and they will change their tune in a hurry.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
That is HORRIBLE!

Does anyone know what he was being arrested for?

You can't see much in the video but it sure sounds like he's in pain...maybe it was too painful for him to stand up.

It's heartbreaking to watch
...At least people were sticking up for him.

The cop at the end of the video tells one kid "Get back over there or you'll get tased too"

[edit on 20-9-2007 by juicebox]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately, as this is obviously on a campus somewhere, they seriously have the upper hand. The reason being, if you don’t comply with some rule or other (even just a campus rule), then they issue a trespass warning, if you don’t leave fast enough they can arrest you. Most likely that is what happened here.

Non-road cops are the worst for wanting to flex their muscles too, as they feel they have something to prove to show they are real police. A lot of times these types of officers are the ones who wanted to be a street cop but was unable to make the cut for some reason or other.

[edit on 9/20/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I actually can't stand tasers all together. The situations where their use would seem appropriate, to me, are remote.

top topics

join