It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entity appears in Zaynab Mosque in Syria, a miracle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Found this on youtube. Not sure what to make of it really. At about 52 seconds in there's a door inside the mosque that suddenly opens and what seems to be a pacman ghost looking thing appears in the door way.(there's also a bright light that appears to be coming from inside, but I wrote that off as a reflection) It was said that this was a miracle because nobody was inside the mosque at the time. What do you guys think?

[edit on 13-9-2007 by WASTYT]

[edit on 13-9-2007 by WASTYT]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
To me its at least more legit than the people looking for the virgin mary in someones garage door two weeks ago. i saw that one in the local news.

the video looks interesting but can it be traced to one of the media cameras there? or was it footage that was fiddled with second hand?

not being able to prove or disprove it i give it this test.. is there an intelligent reason or event or symbol to which it is associated? a healing, a message? thats my criteria for a miracle. never read of jesus or any prophet stopping to give an autograph. miracles or spectacular events had moral or intellectual lessons attached..

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Quote from Youtube:

This is footage taken at the Zaynab mosque in Syria where thousands of bystanders witnessed the sealed shut doors to A Miracle happened in the Maqam of Sayeda Zeinab (A.S) in the Arba3en of Imam Hussein (A.S) in Syria (1428 hijri - 2007).. The Shrine was firmly closed and nobody inside, and suddenly a Light came from inside the Maqam and the internal Large Gate started to open spontaneously (by itself) all people there saw that, it was VERY CLEAR.. and the amazing thing is that the door was openning in the reverse side of what it would normally open in!!

As it's hard to make out the location, what we are looking at and what everyone is looking at. So I really have a hard time trying to understand what I'm supposed to be seeing.

And why oh why did we get footage from the guy at the back! Why not a person closer! LOL.

I have to add though that it seems a fair few people witnessed the event so there should be more footage out there. Also, because a fair few people noticed something happening and are obviously reacting to something going on, then it's fairly conclusive something out of the ordinary happened. But then why aren't people rushing forward to get a closer look?

Don't really know.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn

And why oh why did we get footage from the guy at the back! Why not a person closer! LOL.

I have to add though that it seems a fair few people witnessed the event so there should be more footage out there. Also, because a fair few people noticed something happening and are obviously reacting to something going on, then it's fairly conclusive something out of the ordinary happened. But then why aren't people rushing forward to get a closer look?

Don't really know.

I agree on all counts. All those cameras and we get stuck with the one in the back!! Although you can clearly see the door opening inside. Not sure what to make of it. I think there might be other video on youtube. i'll see if I could find it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't see anything at all out of the ordinary. Looks like some sort of demonstration, probably some imam preaching that a 'miracle' will happen, so everyone waits to see it. And lo and behold, some guy opens the doors into some room.. wow..

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They were all their with cameras in hand waiting for the 'miracle'.

That tells me they were told to expect something or this sort of thing had happened before.

A faux-miracle from 'God' to support whatever they were demonstrating about?

Dunno. Interesting find though.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
To me it seems that the light is merely a reflection of camera lighting off something shiny on the door.
Other than that I agree, I don't know what I am really looking at?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It really seems staged to me. The light like other have said, does look to be a reflection of something outside. Also all the people with the cellphones out waiting for something to happen, kinda is a sign too. The door though, was it really sealed shut? or just closed? becuase when you close a door of that size it can create a suction and reopen itself it it isnt equalized properly.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What you are seeing is a phenomenon associated with the 'Arbaeen' event that takes place in Damascus on the 20th day of the 2nd month in the Islamic calender. The shrine belongs to Sayyeda Zainab (a.s) who is the granddaughter of the holy prophet Muhammad (s.a.w), as well as the sister of Imam Hussain (a.s), a person revered by the Shia denomination in Islam (whose shrine is in Karbala, present day Iraq).

Every year a multitude of people gather at this shrine in Syria and miracles and appearances of holy light are a common sight here.

This year (2008) there has been another miracle in which at one point during the day, the sun dimmed and witnesses reported that they could look directly towards the sun. They noticed that the sun had started circulating above the shrine and stopped after a few minutes, the sun became bright again and they could no longer look directly at it. I hope someone posts a clip of this occurrence.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I thought I had read somewhere that the sealed door opened the opposite way meaning from what one would consider the "hinged" side. It's strange how a lot of vids of the event have been taken off YouTube.

Edit:^^What Arawn said.^^

Peace

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Dr Love]

new topics

top topics

join