It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian region to host Day of Conception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Russian region to host Day of Conception

news.yahoo.com

Make a baby. Win a car. Don't be surprised if the streets are empty and curtains drawn in this central Russian region Wednesday as residents take up an offer by the regional governor to help stem Russia's demographic crisis.
Ulyanovsk Gov. Sergei Morozov has decreed Sept. 12 a Day of Conception and is giving couples time off from work to procreate. Couples who give birth nine months later on Russia's national day — June 12 — will receive money, cars, refrigerators and other prizes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow I didn't realize their population was dropping so fast. Hopefully it won't cause too many problems with overfilled hospitals in 9 months.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Or in 9 hours...

Funny... they report how many women signed up. They omit how many men.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Think about it this way.

Before going to a major war. What is it that a country wants most from a woman? IMO they want them to have plenty of babies to replenish their country back, after losing their men and women to war.

Just another hint that Russia is preparing for something.

apc

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't take it that far. Russia has had a problem with population decline ever since the Soviet collapse. They're getting desperate.

It just strikes me as funny that the Russians have a problem of not enough people, and sharing their border is a country with WAY too many. So many that they actually force abortions.

I'm sure if the Russians could accept having little Mongoloid babies, the Chinese would be more than happy to ship them over by the bus load.

new topics

top topics

join