It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can some one help me with Astral Projection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A while ago i was on a thread that was about Astral Projection, I wanted to try it so i went to multiple web sites. Once i found out how to do it i tried it, the first time i came very close, i could see the room i was in and look around, but i can never actually leave the body. Can any one help me with this?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My answer isn't going to be a very popular one, but here goes:

You didn't do it because it's not possible. Any effects that SEEM to be OBEs and NDEs are actually caused by reactions in the brain causing hallucinations that resemble floating above your body and/or a tunnel of light.

You can't leave your body because you ARE your body. There isn't a part of your self that can detach and survive outside of itself.

In August 2007 Blanke's lab published research in Science demonstrating that conflicting visual-somatosensory input in virtual reality could disrupt the spatial unity between the self and the body. During multisensory conflict, participants felt as if a virtual body seen in front of them was their own body and mislocalized themselves toward the virtual body, to a position outside their bodily borders. This indicates that spatial unity and bodily self-consciousness can be studied experimentally and is based on multisensory and cognitive processing of bodily information.

en.wikipedia.org...

An OBE is nothing more than a very convincing hallucination that goes on inside your brain, inside your body, with no part of it ever leaving itself.

Though to those that claim to have experienced it, the subjective experience seems to have really occurred, it does not mean that it did. It just appears to have done.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
that might be true but i wasn't floating i was in the exact same position i was when i closed my eyes to try it and i could see my nephew moving around and stuff it was crazy i've done it like three times in the past month

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's all a continuum of the same phenomenon. Read the whole wiki article, especially the neuroscience part -- perhaps you may have a small lesion or something in the part of your brain that governs this phenomenon. Or maybe you have some latent ability to create the brain chemicals necessary to create this experience -- '___' and ketamine have natural analogues in the brain, and these two chemicals have been used to simulate OBEs and NDEs.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If youre looking for additional information or links then this is probably one of the best resources for you. It has a load of the more popular ATS discussions on Astral Projection.

Good luck coryblood. Tell us what you find.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

You can't leave your body because you ARE your body. There isn't a part of your self that can detach and survive outside of itself.

Sorry but I have to disagree and I'll tell you why.
About 15 years ago I had no problem doing it. A mate didn't believe me either, so I asked him for permission to enter his bedroom that night and to leave a note beside his bed for me to read. I knew he had a typical digital alarm clock with a red display, but didn't realise he broke it that morning and had replaced it with a green one (he never mentioned this). I entered his room that night and saw it, but no note. He forgot all about it but was in absolute awe that I knew about the green alarm clock.
This is only one example of many.

I have a technique of "forcing" myself out, but I DON'T recommend it which I've explained here.
When you start to "detatch" you may feel a sense of paranoia. It is at this stage where you can continue or abort.
Once you "detatch", you may not feel anything out of the ordinary, but if you get out of bed don't freak out if you see yourself lying there - you're not dead.
To return, just close your eyes and concentrate on going back.
If you are lying there and are unsure if you've "detatched" simply put your hand under your body. If it goes through the matress, you're out.
Ever started drifting off to sleep and "jolted". It's your astral self starting to "detatch" and suddenly "zipping" back in.
At first just stay in your room until you gain some confidence. I don't mean to scare you off but there are things on certain planes that will scare the S*** out of you, and it requires a strong mind to deal with them. I also recommend (besides on ATS and people who've done it) you don't discuss it with most people. In my experience the only people who believe in it are people who've experienced it.
Hope this has been a help.

[edit on 9/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
thanks for the post i'm almost there i'm gonna try again tonight

top topics

join