It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep blowing lightbulbs when Im vexed....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
Welcome on board. Well thats you your a SLIder. SLI stands for street light something or other.

Thats hilarious! I knews there was a title for me, just thought it would have a perscription to go along with it.

um, by the way, is that a binkey your avatar is holding?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Yeah I know I do need to meditate more and start drawing and making music and stuff that Im not doing, thanks for that

Like your sig btw. Not that I like skull n bones, just looks pretty waving about

Thanks, I like the pirate way, the romanticized version at least... The flag is to strike fear into the hearts of the enemy.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Strike fear eh.. just looks pretty to me
haha.. lol.

Hi mrs! A binkey? Whats a binkey? right hand or left hand? Its a Tau cross in one hand I havnt got a clue about the other
Oh I added you to my friends by the way

Whoops.. edit to say not a tau cross.. partly tau.. Its called an 'Ankh'

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The right hand. Binkey/pacifier, what a baby uses.

I added you as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well here I am sitting in the dark without light, on the computer
, oh well, need to buy another light bulb.
Its strange I replied to this thread just yesterday, and from that time I have lost yet another light bulb.
One thing Ive noticed is, sometimes like this time, when I switch it on and the light blows, all the other lights in the house go off too! and I have to go to the power fuse box thing for all the electric, and the switch for lights power is somehow turned off, but all other switchs are still on, odd, so I have to switch the lights fuse back on, but I only need to replace the bulb for the blown one.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
To answer a few questions:

S.L.I. = street lamp interference

Lefthanded

Gemini

Yes I'm artistic.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
To answer a few questions:

S.L.I. = street lamp interference

Lefthanded

Gemini

Yes I'm artistic.

Thanks you remembered my Qs.

I attract a few Geminis. Ruling out the right vs left hand bit then.

Pacifier
ok I got ya, dummy we call it in UK. does look similar.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Gemini, would have been a lefty but they insisted I used my right hand, and artistic.

Very interesting.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by mrsdudara]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Twins ;-) fascinating. Always has been a constant coincidence in my life.

Any more Geminis here? got 2 so far I know of.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Twins ;-) fascinating. Always has been a constant coincidence in my life.

Any more Geminis here? got 2 so far I know of.

I'm a Gemini too, weird!
Right handed.
Like you I also live in London.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Jesus.. its all going twin shaped. 1 of my sisters is a Gemini too.. oh and my niece.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Well here I am sitting in the dark without light, on the computer
, oh well, need to buy another light bulb.
Its strange I replied to this thread just yesterday, and from that time I have lost yet another light bulb.
One thing Ive noticed is, sometimes like this time, when I switch it on and the light blows, all the other lights in the house go off too! and I have to go to the power fuse box thing for all the electric, and the switch for lights power is somehow turned off, but all other switchs are still on, odd, so I have to switch the lights fuse back on, but I only need to replace the bulb for the blown one.

Sounds like one for our master electrician friend that one. I just have to push the fuse back in that links to whatever light.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Before I leave everyone for the day, I must add something my wife told me this evening.

She picks me up from work sometimes and knows when I'm about to come outside. One of the overhead lights flickers and dims to a pail yellow just before I walk outside.

Just another day in the world of sliders.

Good night everyone.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This happens to me when im stressed also. Infact i have affected dvd players and game consoles when im stressed, dvd player dont load properly and my ps2 gets errors loading the disk, also my pc used to freeze and stuff like that and i never have any problems with it. Only happens when im stressed though, otherwise they usually play without any problems.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Without investigating this further, it is not possilbe to assume that bulbs pop when somebody is angry or annoyed. Some questions I was thinking of when I was reading the thread were as follows:

Light bulb manufacturer is the same or different for all bulbs used?
Wiring has been checked that it is to code and has been checked by a licensed electrician?
Are you in a detached/semidetached townhouse or apartment?
Age of the wiring in the structure?
Other appliances on at the same time the lights are blowing?

Without a proper investigation the statements that have been made about bulbs and other cd playing devices cant stand up.

One other explanation I have thought of is exagerating coincidense. For example, when I am driving and I am happy, all traffic lights are on green, when I am mad they are on red.

Anyway, my point is that there is probably a simple explanation for this.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Why don't you get the new flourescent ballast type, I bet they are harder to cook with your noodle because they are current limiting...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you're using CFL's, be very careful because they contain mercury. If you break one, it requires a hazmat team to clean it up.

Besides that, I doubt anyone wants to be exposed to mercury. I had them throughout my whole apartment and got rid of all of them because I was terrified of breaking them.

Unfortunately, the government is working on banning the old incandescent lightbulbs so we won't have much of a choice in the future. An alternative is to use LED bulbs. Here are a couple of articles:

Breaking a compact fluorescent light bulb could cost you $2,000 in toxic mercury cleanup

New LED lighting technology embraced by consumers, Total Cost of Ownership saves money over incandescent, fluorescent bulbs

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ok...to add more
Iam a Capricorn, so earth sign
Right handed
Not very artistically inclined, but into music
I do screw up cars as well..with no explaination...they will stall only when Iam in them.
I have to replace my DVD player, stereo, mouse, computer speakers, all about every 3 months.Seriously I spend too much on electronics and light bulbs...and changing brands does not seem to help.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by minij

You raise some interesting points here. I install literally thousands of bulbs a year and I can attest that sometimes one can recieve a bad batch of bulbs, all from the same manufacturer. Or the fillaments being used might be of a lower quality. This could very well bea possibilitiy in some cases.

Wiring has been checked that it is to code and has been checked by a licensed electrician?

Probably couldn't hurt. A faulty connection could possibly be the culprit for electrical disturbances in light bulbs. A bad connection generates heat. Obviously over heating of the bulb would seriously reduce it's life.
Proper operating voltage applies here as well. In the U.S we have a standard operating voltage in a dwelling of about 120Volt. In reality this "standard" voltage can vary from 110-132 Volts. Sometimes if the transformer on the pole is starting to go bad it's possible to get some weird votages coming in. U.S operates at 60hz.
In the U.K the standard was primarily 240 volt at the socket in a dwelling, operating at 50hz. Relatively recently 230 volts has been the standard. Although most newer construction is is being wired for 110 at the sockets as well. Sometimes you will have 2 different voltages at the socket, or a switch/lever tho select a phase on a transformer to get a different voltage. I've worked with some of that stuff, but mainly have stuck to the U.S.
As far as electronics go. All the little toys we like such as our game consoles and cd/dvd players, surround sound, plasma/lcd tv's. And the most important but most overlooked ...computers. All these items have elctronic solid state circuitry that requires "clean voltage". Unfortunately this isn't taken into account i the initial stages of residential wiring. Alot of your commercial settings and office complexes usually do take this into accout. In new construction anyway. Also If your electronic device is on a circuit that is heavily loaded this could effect the life of your electronics.Stressing the circuit for power.
The ground is very, very important in computers and solid state devices. Many older places still have 2 prong outlets de-void of a ground. I'm sure some here know what I'm talking about. Gotta use those nifty little adapters . In reality there is still no ground. Most homes wired from around the late 60's early 70's started going to a three wire system. Most buildings (commercial), wire computers with an isolated ground. Meaning that ground goes no other place, but back to the panel. Health care facilities this is code as well.

There could be some circumstances that this phenomenon is linked to. However I still personally believe there are some people out there that operate at different frequencies than others which allows them to in advertantly blow electronics. my two cents anyway

[edit on 9-9-2007 by highfreq]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by minij
Without investigating this further, it is not possilbe to assume that bulbs pop when somebody is angry or annoyed. Some questions I was thinking of when I was reading the thread were as follows:

Are you in a detached/semidetached townhouse or apartment?
Age of the wiring in the structure?
Other appliances on at the same time the lights are blowing?

Without a proper investigation the statements that have been made about bulbs and other cd playing devices cant stand up.

One other explanation I have thought of is exagerating coincidense. For example, when I am driving and I am happy, all traffic lights are on green, when I am mad they are on red.

Anyway, my point is that there is probably a simple explanation for this.

Hello! thanks for the post.

What if that simple explanation you want is that ..'some people do blow lights when they are angry' ?
it IS possible to assume this seeing as it never happens to them when they are happy. Or do you think we wouldn't notice if we was happy and blew one? I think we are the first people who long await the day we blow one and are happy.

Have you noticed when your driving the times of day it is or was that just an example? to or from work etc? traffic lights go on and off at set times. If you know those times you could pass right through a bunch of lights all the way home. I think.. anybody here know about traffic lights?

Your good points have been put across already and I appreciate the logic input and that may well apply to some people, but others have ruled them all out already and it isnt just lights they mess up.

My wiring is fine, I live in a house, not detached, nobody else seems to blow the lights just me, the fact that other appliances may be on (which they often are) does not really take away the possibility that someones negative energy has still overloaded it.

In my first post where the light popped out the holder, it was like 3am, nobody was awake, Id just came home the house was dark, so all that is ON is the videos and stuff like that, no not standbys I dont like standbys.. energy waste.. lol..

There are probably hundreds of people around the world, buying different light bulbs from different manufacturers, their electric is no different from the next persons maybe, and they keep blowing them when they are vexed and not feeling good.

Some may be down to either or all of your points, but some arent.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join