It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

believers becoming non believers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just a thought. I have a extreme believe in the alien community because of my own experiences. No one could ever make me think otherwise. I am just curious if anyone out there is losing belief because of all the hoaxes out there making you a non believer? Not me, just wondering.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Why can no one make you believe otherwise? Did you see an actual physical Alien being face to face or something?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
No, just my own experience of a far superier event that I witnessed with my sister around 1984 that I have discused in another thread, just curious if people are losing "our" faith

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well if you haven't seen an Alien then how can you be so sure that they exist? What did you see? Some sort of strange craft? Doesn't mean it's extraterrestrial.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That is off base of the topic that I have posted

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well you mentioned this in your opening post, so wouldn't that make it part of the topic here? I'm just curious why "No one could ever make me think otherwise."

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think this is what the situation is with a lot people, apart from the hoaxes there is not much to go on. with all the new technology out there available to people. I dont want to keep listening to testomonys from all this so called disclosure without any strong evidence to back their story up.
Without any strong evidence to support thier claims, you have question the motives and credibilty of the so called whistle blowers.
I tell you there is a lot of money to be made when it comes to peoples believes, people will pay a lot of money to have thier believes confirmed by someone whom they believe knows more them. There is a lot of this so called experts with scientific background that willing to take us fron a ride.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
again, off topic. if you life I will point you to the thread that will describe that. If you don't have anymore to contribute to this thread then please carryone. Thank you for your interest

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
im still just waiting for a special experience to make me a personal believer like yourself, i mean i see all sorts of videos read all sorts of books and forums, but i still have no strong beliefs,i mean how can i? i have seen nothing strange or peculiar flying through the sky, but i certainly want to believe, its much more fun and exciting to believe that humans are a weak small in-advanced race rather then the smartest creatures in the solar system

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by williamjklopp
again, off topic. if you life I will point you to the thread that will describe that. If you don't have anymore to contribute to this thread then please carryone. Thank you for your interest

Instead of waiting for my response why didn't you just go ahead and put the link in your post? Obviously I am interested in your story. So post away...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That opens another question, beliefe or money? please answer the two questions if you wish to participate in this thread thank you

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
No loss of belief we're still being visited, just much more cautious now in accepting pics/vids at first glance of being authentic. Like you william, I have had my own experiences that no amount of debunkment can undo.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Instead of waiting for my response why didn't you just go ahead and put the link in your post? Obviously I am interested in your story. So post away...

it's an old post, search illinois ufo 1984

i hope that will help you out

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So Dimensional, you also have seen something that makes you know 100% without a doubt that Aliens are visiting us? You saw an actual Alien?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
People who truly believe in UFO's have mostly likely seen one or
experienced a supernatural communication, like our Original Poster,
WJK. I don't think being bombarded with hoaxes affects them/us
at all.

Folks who think that there "may" be UFO's and ET life can probably
become non-believers fairly easily. It's similar to how people get
all riled up just before a big election and then realize that the
politician(s) they elected didn't mean what they said. They fall away
until the next election cycle.

Was this a philosophical question? Of course we know that some
poeple sway in their thinking all the time. yes?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I enjoyed your answer about how I interpreted it, Some people will just go with the "in" crowd.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
People would disbelief if they sucumb to the system, I think.
Ive never seen one and I think never had contact, but I am sure they exist.
Its dumb to think they dont.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
that is an intelligent answer, It would be arrogant to thing otherwise

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
So Dimensional, you also have seen something that makes you know 100% without a doubt that Aliens are visiting us? You saw an actual Alien?

Not necessarily aliens, but somebody flying something unconventional that is definitely not ours-I watched two military jets attempt to intercept it and it simply vanished.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Not necessarily aliens, but somebody flying something unconventional that is definitely not ours-I watched two military jets attempt to intercept it and it simply vanished.

Hmm, well how do you know it wasn't being flown by a race that has always lived within our planet? Maybe it was a craft being flown by time-traveling humans? How do you know that Earth militaries aren't much more advanced than any of us can imagine? Maybe it was regular humans flying it.

Just because you see a strange craft in the sky doesn't mean Aliens exist.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Diplomat]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join