It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Attack In Copenhagen Foiled - Al Qaeda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
[the "reply to" button doesn't always work for me, but this in reply to makeitso's post above]

Thank you, makeitso, I am a very civilized person.

You know, you and I see the reasons for the present terror different. I'll give you the credit too for civil discussion and well considered and tempered arguments.

The reasons I'm not sure this case will hold water, is rooted in my deep distrust in authorities, but also from observing various cases there have been with terror charge. The so-called liquid bombers in London were released without charge. It has happened in other cases as well. The charge don't hold, but every time wolf is cried the public react as planned (yes, I do think someone governmental are planning all this for the reason of fear and the obedience of the public, getting them to swallow larger and larger cuts in their personal freedom).

Take a look at the other bomb making case in Denmark, the one flice is hinting at in her/his post of this thread. I would had expected Hellmutt had done a thread on it, but I can only find my own. It was the very first thread I did on ATS.
Terror Suspects Detained in Denmark

Btw, you were the only one replying to it, thanks for doing so.

That case has just gone to court a few days ago. Of the original nine only two have been charged, and it's for a court of jurors to decide, so there's no guaranty of sentencing. A very dubious aspect in the case, the use of agent provocateur, will not go down easy with the jury. Untill the Terror Act came around it was an unheard practise in Denmark. Police don't go around offer dope just to nail some miserable junkies.

I don't know what methods have been used in the present case, but yes, I used to have littre bottles of perioxid in my house for cleaning wounds of my dogs. Btw, you mentioning that ingrediens, is new to me. Not mentioned in Danish media. Two other household articles used have been revealed. Of course they have to keep the simple formula away from the public.

Chemistry has always interested me. When I was twelve I fabricated chlorine gas in the basement of our block. It's really simple.

You take... [*snip*] ...ups, off topic.

I better say no one was harmed, but the lift was useless for half an hour.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

I would had expected Hellmutt had done a thread on it, but I can only find my own. It was the very first thread I did on ATS.
Terror Suspects Detained in Denmark

Nope, I didn't make a thread on that one. I've started 973 threads so far. I can't followup and update on all of them
So I appreciate input and updates from other members. One person can only read/post so much. ATS have many members from all over the place. There's no reason (for any member) not to maintain older threads, imo. Cooperation...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
About the peroxide. I am sorry for the confusion. The German case was posted on here too, and that is what I was speaking of. I should have been more clear.

Yes, I too have peroxide at home. The standard over the counter 3% solution. However, its my understanding that these were an industrial strength, and not in a small bottle either.

I see that they are still looking for 10 more people in that case.

What were they using in the Denmark case? (havn't had time to fully read it). Thanks for the ATS link to the older case, it looks like I posted the wrong cleric in my last post. I was not aware that most of them have been released. Thanks for posting that. (Isn't ATS great?)

Anyway, it will be interesting to see where these cases go in court, and what evidence they have.

About our earlier conversation, I think it would make a great thread of its own. (Suicide bombers - Political Creation?) That would probably get lots of discussion. Unless its been done and I missed it...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
What were they using in the Denmark case?

Yesterday they mentioned some cleaner popular known as soda lye and acetone. Today they reveal the compound they intended to make as perioxid-acetone, known as TATP, so you are right about the perioxid. Come to think about it, possibly the active agent in the cleaner stuff.

In the older case from Volsmose they only found a sample of that stuff. There the allegation is they intended to make a nitrate bomb out of fertilizer.

As for the trial I cannot tell you much as it runs behind closed doors. Anyway Wiki has an article on the case.

Your idea for a new thread is great. I could find a few links to support my view. However it won't be the first few days as we've just moved to a new house and a lot needs to be done before we're settled.

Feel free to pick it yourself if you like.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the links and the info, and good luck with your new home! I know its a big job. The last time I moved, we were still finding things years later that we put in the attic and never got around to unpacking!

Did anybody mention that there were also terror arrests in Oslo, Norway, involving explosives? I only caught the headlines, no details sorry.

So thats Germany, Denmark, and Norway too. Wow.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The Danish daily Politiken has been to Pakistan and interviewed the father of the two main suspects:
Article on Danish: Far til terrorfængslet står frem: Min søn er psykisk syg

Translation: Father to terror suspects comes forward: My son is mental ill

A summary of the article tells:

The two brothers have lived most of their life in Pakistan. They were born in Denmark, where the father worked until he in 1998 migrated back to Pakistan.

His two sons were as infants together with their mother sent back to Pakistan to be brought up there.

However their upbringing was an unhappy one, due to the lack of a father. The traditional Pakistani society looked upon them as orphans, a low position in that society.

According to the father that should be the reason his youngest son developed a mental disorder.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A NYT Contribution to General Fear Mongering and the Xenophobia of Denmark

I don't like the kind of sensation NYT put in this topic, obviously worth sending a reporter to Denmark.

Putting Denmark on the map in this context is in no way flattering. It's scaring, and while fear mongering may be for the domestic US market, the xenophobia goes for Denmark, not that the article intend it, but that'll be the way it'll work.

A snippet with info I didn't knew.

There are no official statistics, but researchers estimate that there are roughly 210,000 Muslims in Denmark. It is not a homogeneous group but is split among Turks, Iraqis, Bosnians and others. That jihadist Web sites have been translated into Danish for such a small and disparate group demonstrates the interest and effort they are putting into the country.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

(my emphasis)

Truely unpleasent information.

An early warning?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by khunmoon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join