It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Bush, Promises Promises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It was three years ago tonight that President Bush accepted his party's nomination for a second term.

Social Security:

He did so in a speech rife with promises. One of which was to ease up on Social sucurity so that younger peopel could start up a nest egg.

We must strengthen Social Security by allowing younger workers to save some of their taxes in a personal account -a nest egg you can call your own, and government can never take away,” he told GOP delegates that night in Madison Square Garden.

Bush fought hard to get this into effect, but eventully gave up on this plan and let it die like so many of his promises.

Tax Codes:

In a new term, I will lead a bipartisan effort to reform and simplify the federal tax code,” Mr. Bush had pledged. He called the tax code “a drag on the economy” and “a complicated mess.

But as the other one, this didnt lead any where. He appointed a bipartisan panel to study the code and recommend changes to make it more simple and fair.

But the results are now sitting in some dark cupboard gathering up dust, funny how this keeps happening.

Jobs:

Mr bush promised to get more Jobs into the US, and he did.

Just last week, Mr. Bush boasted that since August of ’03, 8.3-million new jobs have been added to the nation’s payrolls. Democratic critics argue that he fails to deduct the number of jobs lost, which would diminish Mr. Bush’s claim.

Health Care:

Georgey boy promised to place a health care centre in 200 poor areas of the US. This goal was not completed, this goal was not thoguht about, this goal so far off that it is embarassing for every one involved.

I will ensure every poor county in America has a community or rural health center.” A spokeswoman for the Health Resources and Services Administration says that of the 200 high-poverty counties, grants for health centers have been disbursed to 79 of them.

War on terror:

I dont think there is any thing i can say or do you change what you already think of Iraq, 9/11 and other events of such size.

Take Care, Vix

join