It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Time Travel Will Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi all, I came across an interesting article which breaks-down and puts in English how it may work. Finally something I can understand without getting frustrated to the point of moving on to something else.
Thought ATS Members interested in a layman's explanation on:

1.Introduction to How Time Travel Will Work
2. Understanding Time
3. Space Phenomena
4. Black Holes
5. Wormholes
6. Cosmic Strings
7. Problems with Time Travel
8. Lots More Information,

might be interested in glancing the attached article.

Time Travel
science.howstuffworks.com...

Dallas

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I've read that the concept of traveling through time is simple. Not sure if it's correct. If you want link just ask.

You can travel through time if you travel close to or at the speed of light. The faster you travel the more time slows down around you. So if you travel at the speed of light in space for 1 day. Then come back down to Earth, it would be 50 000 years into the future. Kind of freaky when you think about it, the Earth might not even be there anymore

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
In 1971, a guy went up in a plane and flew round the world really really fast and he had an atomic clock with him, his friend & coleauge was on the ground and also had an atomic clock, these 2 clocks had been set off at the same time down to the nano second. When the clocks were reunited, the one that had been flying up in the air was a little bit ahead of the one on the ground. Which means time dialation ha happened. So if we can dilate time, why should time travel be so much harder ?

O i have a few faults with TIME travel, we created time, us humans. So if we travel back lets say 100 million years, then thats wrong. The Earth would of been alot smaller so a day would not of been 24 hours long, it could of been 23 or 25, or 1 or 19, you get the point. So how can you really determine time ? and what point in space and time will you emerge ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
oh, really interesting

--------------------------
please read - ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/9/07 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

join