It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we all going to war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
i have been woudering for some time now if we are going war very soon with iran maybe russia or china the thing that worries me is we are seeing massive us naval build up in the gulf? iran conducted massive country wide war games as well as israel doing long range bombing missions.

recently i read about russia and china conducting massive war games aswell is this all coincidence just nations showing of there muscles or are they all preparing for war its highly likely there will be war with iran after all bush is demonising iran calling them a rouge state etc does these war games mean russia and china are also planning war or am i just going over the top abit because if i am right doesnt this mean we should be worried now anyway can anyone tell me basically what we are seeing is just a show or the real thing.

youtube.com...
the link shows russian bombers near british airspace

youtube.com...
iran conducting long range missile tests?

youtube.com...
us carrier group is it just a show of force?

sorry but i couldnt find any on russia or chinia but i had read and heard on news of there new alliance?

[edit on 25-8-2007 by manzoor]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
We would be crazy not to think it was a real possibility. The rhetoric from the U.S. sounds the much same as it did five years ago with Iraq - just insert the word Iran.

There is a thread on ATS about "Helicopter flybys indicate war ahead?" (Sorry I haven't mastered linking a thread) It discusses and debates the meaning of eyewitness accounts of new, different or increased military activity around the U.S.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
War games are not uncommon. Don't worry about that. The naval build up in the middle is not that big of a deal. 2 battle groups in place. Another on the way to relieve the one that is rotating out. Get concerned if you hear 2 or more battle groups are heading that way at one time.

Russia and China are just that, Russia and China. They have more uncommon anymore than common. Putin just discovered his military has balls so he has let them spread their wings a little bit. China has a large military with little new technology but a large amount of old technology. Nothing here to be concerned about in the short term.

Iran doing war gaming is like a cat discovering a new sand box. These are the same guys that fought Iraq to a stalemate. This means they are competent to fight in a trench. Trenches make beautiful bomb targets.

I wouldn't be too concerned as Bush is heading out of office. Nothing big will happen unless he is forced to do something.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
War games are not uncommon. Don't worry about that. The naval build up in the middle is not that big of a deal. 2 battle groups in place. Another on the way to relieve the one that is rotating out. Get concerned if you hear 2 or more battle groups are heading that way at one time.

Russia and China are just that, Russia and China. They have more uncommon anymore than common. Putin just discovered his military has balls so he has let them spread their wings a little bit. China has a large military with little new technology but a large amount of old technology. Nothing here to be concerned about in the short term.

Iran doing war gaming is like a cat discovering a new sand box. These are the same guys that fought Iraq to a stalemate. This means they are competent to fight in a trench. Trenches make beautiful bomb targets.

I wouldn't be too concerned as Bush is heading out of office. Nothing big will happen unless he is forced to do something.

hmmm so you think there wont be war? (iran) but lets remember this that iran posses alot more advance weapons now and is not a push over like the iraqi army.
so bush lableing the rev guards terrorist or the sanctions put on iran which remember before we invaded iraq we sanctioned the country.
and what you say about fighting in a trench i don think so, so all this to you just seems to be nothing iranian country wide war games isnt something we see every day they no war will happen why would they be buying military tech and reinforcing the boarders and ever since america has labled them as a rouge state we see iran making weapons possibly to deffend them selves.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We currently have one carrier group in the gulf so i wouldnt really classify that as a massive naval build up?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
War - yes I think we are going to War.

The problem is who are the bad guys, I used to think it was the Russians but now I'm not quite sure - the school bully was always disliked by everyone and I hate to say it but the US seems to be a bit of a bully just now.

Whats worse is we in the UK are the bully's sidekick. Are we right in what we are doing, I have doubts - maybe we should withdraw and see what happens!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
We currently have one carrier group in the gulf so i wouldnt really classify that as a massive naval build up?

well watch my video link on us naval build up it shows 2 check all my links before you post

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ive checked your links thank you and ive also checked others and 1 carrier group is on the gulf. Yes, 3 were there just last month but that is not the case now is it?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Ive checked your links thank you and ive also checked others and 1 carrier group is on the gulf. Yes, 3 were there just last month but that is not the case now is it?

no he video says 2 and its shows 2 cairrers and 9 warships the video was added may 23rd 2007.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

Britain will not go to war with Iran before the next election.
It would be political suicide for Brown, the vast majority of British people do not support it.

Will they manipulate events in an effort to alter public opinion? Possibly.

There does seem to be "something BIG is about to happen" and there seems to be a convergance of events.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Those carriers WERE in the gulf in May but they arent now. That is not current information. There is one battle group currently in the gulf and that does NOT constitute a major naval build up.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Those carriers WERE in the gulf in May but they arent now. That is not current information. There is one battle group currently in the gulf and that does NOT constitute a major naval build up.

right thanks for that but that still you got the us calling rev guards terrorist
un sanctions on iran same thing happened to iraq before war also us has said all options are on the table and we all no diplomancy isnt gonna work iran has the right to nuclear power and have not brocken the nnpt while israel has.

israel conducted mock airstrikes against nuclear bases and carrying long range missions.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The above is true, but if anything we have racheted down our forces in the gulf considerably. As the situation is as of current (logistically anyway) we are in much LESS of a position to do anything to Iran now than we were 4 months ago. I wouldnt read ot much into the labeling of the RG as terrorist and stuff like that. More sanctions are in the works with the military option becoming even more distant.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Maybe we don't need a large carrier battle groups in the Gulf to bomb Iran, how many airfields do we have in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I'm sure these airfields are plenty sufficient to house the amount of fighters/bombers needed.

Maybe we want Iran to "relax," make them think, hey they don't have a large naval presence, they won't hit us now. Instead, they have false security while we launch a massive amount of fighers/bombers from Iraqi and Afghan airfields to do the deed.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Anyone thought less ships in the area would be a good thing against sunburn missiles? Naval ships are sitting ducks if things really go south.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing Jpm.

We got any military gurus here that might be able to sort out if an attack on Iran is realistic without much of a naval presence?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

US Americans, Canadians and Australians always believe they are Luke Skywalker in current climate of undeclared wars, and we cannot begin to perceive that our nations may be Darth Vader -- all of our leaders having been seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It will be fast and it will be quick. Daisy chain cutters and whatever the skunkworks have cooked up that they wanted to experiment with in Nevada. It will be a bombing run. And its coming, soon. Now France is on our side 'France!!!!'
Its coming pepes.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Only problem with that is it will most likely set off WW3. I'm not looking forward to that. I'd rather cook a steak than be cooked.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The above is why it hasnt happened yet and most likely wont happen at all. Iran will go nuclear you just watch. Oh that doesnt mean it wont suffer, there will be harsher sanctions and things down the line, but Iran will ultimately get their bomb and they wont be attacked.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join