It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I just recently read a post on this subject, but I wish to expound and offer my own insights.
I believe after our mortal body has finished living on this physical earth we will then be in a different state of existence; more of a spiritual one.
With this spiritual body, we then are in a "spiritual world."
Some of us might not even know that we are there, nor will we even believe, but so be it.
After this, my religious beliefs tie into play so heads up:
We are then resurrected after the duration of this "spirit world".
Resurrected meaning spirit reuniting with soul and never again to be
separated, meaning no more death. We are then immortal.
That is all I wish to discuss for now.
Any more insights?
Send me a message.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sounds good to me!

I'll take any after death theory that doesn't include me staying with my decaying body until the last chromosome is destroyed!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that something happens after death, other than just fading to oblivion, but most of it can be explained by science. There are some anecdotes about re-incarnation that really have to make me wonder whether or not it's the case, though... some of those stories, if true, are completely unexplainable.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
sometimes ive wondered if near death experiences were just .. your brain hallucinating as it is losing its blood and dying for those last moments.

and ive even reasoned, if thats all afterlife is, a few moments of hallucination, that it would be better to be a Monotheist even still because you'd condition your brain to think youre going to a place thats all nice and special, and have one heck of a positive last trip. but if not, you'd have subconcious lingering doubts on afterlife, and perhaps your final hallucination would be a hell-like one.

but i do not believe that. i believe in an afterlife. im just saying even if God was BS and Religion was BS and Faith was too and the whole bag, it would still be worth it to practice Religion and have Faith due to the positive changes it makes in your life and because your death will go over easier with yourself. Also, your final hallucination would be positive, giving you the impression you're off to never-never-land forever!

if we never truly know after that point, isnt that almost like going to heaven? ignorance is bliss, cherish it.

[edit on 8/24/2007 by runetang]

join