It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer requests, answered prayers, and praising God in this thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I felt the urge to create a space where those who would like to witness, proclaim answered prayers, and praise Christ, can.

A simple answered prayer.

I prayed, for God to transfer my grandfathers stomach illness to me one day on a trip we were taking. He did, my grandfather became fine in ten minutes after a night and day of pain. I became very ill. This was a very important thing that happened to me. I thank you God for silently listening and granting what I petitioned.

Now a praise to God!

Initiate the out of body, look from gods eyes up above, control destructive snares, you are a saint that God is dwelling in, have faith in the unfathomable, you are teetering on a string of near nothingness, easily toppling to every side, with God you are anchored to his holy might, a pillar of fiery resolve and tried unfailing, Loving Principle. Praise be to the one empty of all corruption,the encompassor, Lord God Jesus Christ.

A few words to help... powerful scripture.

Ecclesiastes 8:17
"then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all his efforts to search it out, man cannot discover its meaning. Even if a wise man claims he knows, he cannot really comprehend it."

Colossians 2:8
"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Matt. 7:7-11
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Hebrews 11:6
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

James 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

And lastly, to those searching, questing for truth! (everyone on ATS!)

We shall keep tumbling deeper down the rabbit hole. In a deep dredging of things, one finds out that they are part of God. Made in Gods image.

Until he returns, more and more depth will be perceived but not truly understood. as with complex systems, the more intricate they get the more errors there are. The same applies to our consciousness.

The more it expands, the more prone we are to the infiltration of false wisdoms. Know Christ. If you crave the higher, the holier, the wisdom, turn to christ. Worship the one who made the system, who made the shapes, not the shapes and forms themselves.

And to those deceived.

Man created osiris. God created you. turn to the true brilliance, that of Christ. run away from the gold-light of satans poisonous old wisdom. Drink from the cup of the immutable, get your facts from Christ and his holy stream of language not spoken but heart-felt.

Of course Satan knows how to propel you through the ranks! He was a top ranking official in Gods office! But he fell from his seat into a pit. Reap life, or reap gold. Choose. Image is death. The unseen is living. Have faith in the one who made your bones, God. Satan did not create you, he created the ego.

I believe the Bible to be the most powerful relic on the planet. Men have used it for evil, other men have died for what they came to believe within its pages.

Bible means, Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. (thanks GZA)

I pray that these words plant a seed that God will nurture.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Gee this is the faith forum right?

Sorry Depth om I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for someone to post.

I want to pray for everyone here, who dosen't believe in God. And don't say anything smart like I don't need any prayers. Believe me you do!!

All we've been doing lately is bite everyones heads off over who is right and who is wrong. Who cares!! We're all on the same Earth and I know its time for all of us to get along. So get over your ego's already and think long and hard about what I said.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Gee this is the faith forum right?

Sorry Depth om I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for someone to post.

I want to pray for everyone here, who dosen't believe in God. And don't say anything smart like I don't need any prayers. Believe me you do!!

All we've been doing lately is bite everyones heads off over who is right and who is wrong. Who cares!! We're all on the same Earth and I know its time for all of us to get along. So get over your ego's already and think long and hard about what I said.

If one has not come to refute these words, that's good enough for me!

Especially the scripture, I know somone felt the power of those holy words.

I have faith someone will be turned towards Christ.

God bless you and your family! Thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

i don't really feel any compulsion to contribute to this thread, as it wouldn't be my place to because this isn't a threat that is directly arguing anything, but posts like this are just simply ridiculous and stupid.

i'll keep looking at this thread just to see into how people on the other side of the debate see things, but i'll remain a quiet observer unless i see anything more like this...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
MadnessInMySoul, what about you?

Would you like to do an experiment in prayer?
If you would like to, please message me with a prayer request, or post one here! I have many friends, some who believe some who detest God, and others in between.

Many of them have been surprised with what a little time and prayer can do! God shows himself to those who ask not with the mind, not with the toungue but with the heart.

To anyone, I will be glad to take time out of this day to say a prayer for you, you only have to ask.

“When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.”
Psalm 94:18-19

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
MadnessInMySoul, what about you?

Would you like to do an experiment in prayer?

ok, would you like to setup a scientific double blind trial?
the templeton foundation tried to prove the power of prayer... and it found that prayer did nothing...

If you would like to, please message me with a prayer request, or post one here!

that wouldn't be an experiment...

I have many friends, some who believe some who detest God, and others in between.

why is the specturm believe to detest? i dont' believe in or detest god.

Many of them have been surprised with what a little time and prayer can do! God shows himself to those who ask not with the mind, not with the toungue but with the heart.

i can't ask with something that just circulates blood.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I don't really feel any compulsion to contribute to this thread, as it wouldn't be my place to because this isn't a threat that is directly arguing anything, but posts like this are just simply ridiculous and stupid.

I'll keep looking at this thread just to see into how people on the other side of the debate see things, but I'll remain a quiet observer unless I see anything more like this...

Madness I was being serious- Whats wrong with stating a view?

So your saying my post is ridiculous and stupid? I would call that a insult. But you know whats funny I've learned to expect something like this from you. I'm dissaponted, I really am. Anytime anyone mentions anything about faith or God you go off the deep end. If it bothers you so much why do you hover here with your buddy DS in the faith forum and wait to pounce on the next person? Is it because you want to stomp on someone else's faith because you have none? I don't think thats really fair madness do you?

But I'm not gonna hold gruge against you if I did that would be wrong on my part.

Good day madness.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Prayer has saved my life.

Sometimes at mass I pray so hard that I have a continual flow of tears, by Gods grace.

I believe tears are a grace as what the saints said.

Now other times I want to cry but cant, but want I dont have any feeling I can, on and off like a switch.

What the mass does to me sometimes is incredible.

Now for people like madness, ignore it, and pray for him since you know what youve seen.

He doesnt know but you do. Never get mad at him and do what you do in private. If you have faith and seen prayer work than you will never be disturbed by anybody.

poeace.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Great thread to start God deserves more praise then we give him. I truly believe if it were not for God that the Human race would have wiped each other out by now. I would like you to pray for me though. I know prayer works. I will not say exactly what I want you to pray about but hopefully God speaks to you and gives you the words to say. I really need prayer during these hard times for me. I believe the Devil is trying to attack my life right now and I know he hates prayer. Thanks again. God Bless.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Madness I was being serious- Whats wrong with stating a view?

i have no problem with someone stating a view, i have a problem with the arrogant baggage that comes along with that view.

So your saying my post is ridiculous and stupid? I would call that a insult.

i never said that YOU were ridiculous and stupid, i said what you said is.
learn to seperate yourself from the arguement you put forth

But you know whats funny I've learned to expect something like this from you. I'm dissaponted, I really am. Anytime anyone mentions anything about faith or God you go off the deep end.

no, i don't. i actually was trying to be quite respectful here... i was just hoping that some other people would be a bit more respectful. you were baiting by saying that thing about atheists, i didn't take the bait, i just pointed out that it was stupid.

If it bothers you so much why do you hover here with your buddy DS in the faith forum and wait to pounce on the next person?

we're here to discuss. and reread the title: faith, spirituality & theology.
a lack of faith doesn't exclude us from discussing ANY of that.

we're not here to pounce on ANYONE. we attack arguements, not people.

Is it because you want to stomp on someone else's faith because you have none? I don't think thats really fair madness do you?

you'd call it "stomping on someone else's faith" and we'd call it liberating people from delusions

now, i'm going to take leave of this thread unless someone tries to bring up more arguements

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
You'd call it "stomping on someone else's faith" and we'd call it liberating people from delusions

Now, I'm going to take leave of this thread unless someone tries to bring up more arguements.

What else could I call it? My faith is really none of your concern. Nor do I want to hear your negitive views on it.

Liberating people from delusions? Hmm.. Wow I didn't know that was in your job description!! I don't think thats up to you or DS thats up to them.

Someone starts a prayer chain and you have to trash it. I say enough already. I'm calling you out.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Someone starts a prayer chain and you have to trash it. I say enough already. I'm calling you out.

i didn't trash it, i just called out a specific thing you put up that you really didn't have to, an arguementative statement.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Tsk tsk. Your a talker huh. No matter what you say your not gonna get the best of me.

God bless you Madness.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
Great thread to start God deserves more praise then we give him. I truly believe if it were not for God that the Human race would have wiped each other out by now. I would like you to pray for me though. I know prayer works. I will not say exactly what I want you to pray about but hopefully God speaks to you and gives you the words to say. I really need prayer during these hard times for me. I believe the Devil is trying to attack my life right now and I know he hates prayer. Thanks again. God Bless.

I will pray for you in private. God understands your plight.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."

Romans 8:26 (NIV)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
" Your a talker "

No, hes like my brother. I have told my brother the miracles, he knows are amazing in my life, but his answer to everything is a cunning way to be always unsincere.

its like going in circles with him, I love him, but he has to find ways to deny miracles or events to further his sin and possision.

where as sincere souls, actually ask.

Wow youve seen what and what, maybee he might be true.

But he has rebelled already.

thats why he has madnessin my soul as a user name, and hes atheist. So a soul doesnt exist to him.

Then his madness comes from?

I still love you madness, but there are times to be wise and times to teach sincere people.

" liberating people from delusions"

atheism is a theory. where as faith has witnessed miracles, the unbelievablness of nature ect..

Ive seen these miracles many times.

peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Leyla

" God bless you madness "

You have just taught me something. end arguments with love.

peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is relevent here but yesterday I sat outside my back yard and it was a beautiful day. Perfect blue sky.

I was sitting there just admiring the surroundings when I really noticed my garden. The lady who lived in the house before me had planted every known flower as one type dies off and then another more beautiful appears. I really sat there in awe at the beauty of the flowers and nature. All of this grows from the soil.

I think also for just a fleeting second I felt like my brain was going to explode at the magnitude of creation just focusing on the flowers. I don't know whether it was a moment of amazement but it was really for me, awe inspiring and totally uncomprehensible. Just in one garden bed alone I was amazed. I then expanded it but could not comprehend the enormity of such a thought. If that makes sense?

What I felt was this sparkle within me. A real buzz of something I could not really grasp...a bit like many years ago, I believe I saw God's face and could not describe it to anyone. I couldn't imprint in my mind a picture of the face to recall it, but I know I would know it if I saw it again and I have since. It was a bit like that. Something beyond our mental capacity...a limitation. We truly cannot really appreciate the enormous brilliance of nature and creation. Perhaps, it is perfection on a grand scale?

I believe it is totally out of our reasoning or imagination. It is that wow factor. It is the little things that people miss. The flowers for example. There is all of this brilliance happening around us but we don't seem to notice it.

I really focused on the flowers and the beauty, the sheer beauty is mind blowing. And that is creation, that is God. I could only grasp 1% of the beauty and the brilliance because my brain/senses are limited to 1%.

When I focused on the flowers, when I tried to grasp just that one thing, I experienced seeing God's face all over again. I don't have the knowledge to comprehend it. It is that 1%, it is that limitation.

So, I am left to say 'wow' because I cannot grasp it, none of us can. I can only appreciate the beauty and be thankful that I am part of it or that I can see it/experience it/realise it; even if it is only within the 1% of my understanding.

That is God. If you want to see/experience God then it is as easy as looking at nature. And how can anyone, not feel the buzz from that?

Look at the wildlife, the animals. If you really gave it this some thought, it would blow your mind. Creation is a miracle.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The Lord has worked in wonderful ways in my life through prayer.
I havent shared this yet on ATS, but there was a time before I joined the Navy, that I got into a little trouble with the law. I dont wanna go into my whole testimony right now, but one of the times where I really heard him in specific undeniable ways was when I was in jail. I stayed in a constant communion with the Lord, never in my life have I felt so filled with him. We should be in prayer 24-7 do it and see how he changes your life!

Also some people think just becuase they pray and things dont turn out just the way that they want that there prayer was unheard. That isn't true at all he always answers us, whether it be the way we want or not. Remember though if you do serve him with your heart he gives back 10x fold, my joy and peace now compared to what it used to be is magnified beyond numbers. Praise him!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
What a wonderful idea. I am temporarily (I hope) a shut-in, and so this would be a great way to fellowship with other believers. I don't won't to bore you with my health issues, so just keep me in prayer, and I'll be happy to do the same for others. Thank you again for providing a neutral place where we may come to rest for a bit.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
thanks for the prayers

<<   2  3 >>

join