It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeLorean Confirms: New Cars to Roll Out in '08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's official, car nuts. The infamous DeLorean is indeed going back into production for release in 2008.

With that said, brush the dust off of those flux-capacitors, call Doc Brown, get Einstein and brace yourselves. This is going to be sweet.

DeLorean back on the scene in 2008

James Espey, VP of the DeLorean Motor Company, said work will begin on the first car in the third quarter, and delivery of that vehicle will be in the first quarter of 2008 at a price of $57,500. The good news is, it will still look like a DeLorean, with a stainless steel body, gull wing doors and squared-off front end. Let's just hope they double the horsepower, because those 130 horses under the hood weren't too impressive back in the day.

These cars will be handmade, so that $57,500 price sounds like a bargain.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
gonna be a big ole turd like the first one...

who's paying almost 60 grand for a stainless like that?

not this guy...
they better be doing something SICK with the powertrain...lets hope

comin out in 08, going under in 09....

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I feel you, Boondock. Hopefully they will learn from their past mistakes and do something crazy.

Lord knows that no one will pay 60 k for a big lump of recycled silverware.

Cross your fingers.

PS. Glad to see the wifey agreed to the knucks dilemma
lookin good.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

DMC Houston announced on July 30, 2007 that the car would be returning into very limited production (about 20 cars per year) in 2008

scrath my first post...they'll sell 20 a year....

there are that many rich, nerds out there..

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
thanks don...now i am in the waiting for the scab to fall off phase..

i still see a delorean on the road from time to time...there is a 'gangsta' around here that has one all piimped out...it's candy apple red, red interior, rims, red lights under it....just totally disgusting looking.

the delorean could have been cool but it was a dog....this one is gonna be for the delorean fanboy's that have 60k to spend.

if i was gonna get one, i'd rather have an original myself....

you know someone wants to roll up to the delorean show and show off that shiny, new, 60k 08.....they want to RUB IT IN

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I cant believe it. They are bringing the Delorean back, and are not doing a darm thing to it. bringing it back in all of its sub-par goodness that it was originally formed in.

Don't you think that the brainchild doing this might have altered some design elements to distinguish it?

What a boneheaded move...:shk:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
57,000!?!?

For that price I better be able to travel through time.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Don Wahn

Yeah, at least modernize the look a bit.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
my thoughts....it's already a low car. it has a decent contact patch. seems aerodynamic enough....looks 'fast'.

keep the body the same but at least change the power plant...put some sick twin turbo 4 or a single turbo 6 in that dude so it will scream you know...

20 a year though...who cares?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well, I think the powertrain issue was because it was planned to have a rotary, but, GM sold the patent ... they also scrapped the rotary corvette (73)

Now, if, they bought rights to use the new rotary in it (Mazda could easily make 20 extra a year) ... 240 hp ... ported it and added a supercharger ... you would come out with 3-400 hp with 250-300 lb-ft of torque with a smooth rising hp curve and a flat torque curve ... and weighing in at around 300lbs.

I think they could do a brushed aluminum instead of stainless ... would save a TON of weight. It would actually be something then.

Have to wait and see what goes on. If you want links to some of the stuff I said ... here (I am quoted myself btw):

well, did you know, they designed a Vette one time with a rotary engine? Rotary Corvette Prototype '73 --- more on rotary corvette

Or ... how about the DeLorean? what the DeLorean should have had - not a flux capacitor

new topics

top topics

join