It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU urges Texas to end executions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think we are having a state wide party on the 500th, so we can't stop until after at least that number.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Believe me there are things that I'm not proud of so don't blame me for what the US government is doing.

Then who do you suggest we blame? Who is it that has the real power?
You don't even realise it's you. Who is it that allowed the government to hold so much power? Again it's you, and every citizen of your country. You can't claim to be innocent. The biggest perpetrator is the passive observer. Your government can only do what the people allow it to do. Instead of sitting around bitching about illegal immigrants and protesters, DO SOMETHING. America is so apathetic and likes to play the victim. You've allowed your selfs to be made to feel powerless, and gave up all your responsibilities to 'authorities'. You can take that power back, or live with the responsibility of not taking action. You're going to get blamed, live with it, or do something about it.

I bet you swell with pride when your country, your government, does something good though, eh?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
[Then who do you suggest we blame? Who is it that has the real power?
You don't even realise it's you. Who is it that allowed the government to hold so much power?

Actually the death penalty is voted on at the state level, so if a state has the death penalty it is because the people of that state wanted it. If a person doesn’t like it they can move to another state.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Your government can only do what the people allow it to do.

I suppose you're gunna tell us the American people actually voted for this govt, gimme a break..
For what it's worth, the EU is right, imo...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I think we are having a state wide party on the 500th, so we can't stop until after at least that number.

WOO! I want to go to that party!

About the original post..

I don't give a # what the EU says. They need to stay the hell out of our affairs. And you know what, we need to stay out of theirs and everyone else's. We all need to go to our separate sand boxes and shut the hell up.

The death penalty is a good punishment when the life of another is taken.

Why are people standing up for the murderers, saying it's immoral or inhumane? Do murderers give a # if it's moral or not to kill who they're about to kill? No. They don't.

If you take the life of someone, you need yours taken.

I know, an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind, but it's right, it's fair, and that's Texas for you. The EU needs to just keep their eyes on the prize and realize that Texas is assisting in population reduction, except their doing it morally instead of genocide. I guess that's where the problem comes in.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Texas isn't obligated to the EU, or any other foreign power to do anything. If you come to our state and kill someone, we have only the best for ya...
Like we say in Texas about our guns and many other things, "Come and take it." I guarantee you, you won't be a happy camper when you do. Maybe for this instance I should say, "Come and make us."

[edit on 22-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
By the way, I am not a death penalty proponent. I personally don't see where it deters much. However, what do you propose we do with people who murder? Continue to suck the tax payers dry so that these murderers live? I don't think that is a viable option, and certainly not one the state of Texas is willing to go along with

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickh
I don't know whether or not the State of Texas will take notice of this and change their policies, but I think I'd have to agree with what the EU is saying - there are more humane ways to punish murderers and rapists. Life imprisonment is probably a far worse fate than being executed - for most people at least.

So which is it? You want a more "humane" way to punish someone for murder, yet you say life imprisonment is probably a "far worse fate than being executed. How can something be "more humane" and a "far worse fate" at the same time? If you think life imprisonment is "far worse", shouldn't you be in favor of execution?

I think the Texas governor and legislature should send a recommendation of their own to the EU, the UN, and anybody else outside of the Lone Star State that thinks anyone in Texas cares what they think.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by styxxz
I suppose you're gunna tell us the American people actually voted for this govt, gimme a break.. For what it's worth, the EU is right, imo...

What a defensive reply, especially when you agree with the EU...I think we have far more in common than not, so no need for the defensive anger.

Anyway you obviously don't know where I'm coming from.

Of course the bush man wasn't voted in. The vote is a scam to make you think you have control, when in fact it takes away your power and puts it in the hands of someone else. It's an illusion. Always has been, nothing new here.

But having said that, you know yourself it was a scam, right? Then my previous post applies to you my friend.

The passive observer....What is everyone waiting for? You know you were scammed. Where are the people uprising and demanding a change to the system that allows it's people to be scammed? Is this not a big deal to anyone? The working class used to stand up for itself against the government and the bosses, but now it's weak and even supports it's own oppressors when it knows they're killing them.

The passive observer....

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Can you "butt out" of European affairs first please?

Do you mean like removing all of our troops that have kept the peace in Europe and saved them from the Commies since the end of WWII?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I don't give a # what the EU says. They need to stay the hell out of our affairs. And you know what, we need to stay out of theirs and everyone else's. We all need to go to our separate sand boxes and shut the hell up.

Novus,I agree. Of course, I am a bit of an isolationist politically speaking. I think the U.S should pull all of its troops out of foreign lands and secure our nation and such.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLDNGUN

Can you "butt out" of European affairs first please?

Do you mean like removing all of our troops that have kept the peace in Europe and saved them from the Commies since the end of WWII?

I certainly think we should. Let the rest of the world do what the hell it wants, and we do the same. If someoen attacks us, obliterate them. It's that simple.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I certainly think we should. Let the rest of the world do what the hell it wants, and we do the same. If someoen attacks us, obliterate them. It's that simple.

It's a "no-win" situation for the US. We didn't stick around after WW1, and WW2 came right on its heels. Many say that was our fault for not helping Germany rebuild and keep the peace. So we stick around after WW2 and help rebuild Germany, Italy, Japan, etc. It has kept the peace in those countries, as it has in South Korea, although I don't like our troops being spread out all over the globe.

And you can bet your last dollar that if we pulled all of our troops home and sat back and watched the rest of the world blow themselves up that the same people complaining about troops being on foreign soil would be screaming for us to intervene.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

[And you can bet your last dollar that if we pulled all of our troops home and sat back and watched the rest of the world blow themselves up that the same people complaining about troops being on foreign soil would be screaming for us to intervene.

Certainly they would. And quite naturally, the rest of the world would again blame America. "Oh, America is too good to be a part of the world populace now, Blah,blah blah." It's strange how even if America chose to not have any interaction at all with the rest of the world, somehow, miraculously, the world's problems would still be viewed as "America's fault."

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I still have not seen one single solitary anti- death penalty proponent come up with a viable solution. It always reverts back to law abiding tax payers paying for murderers to live in our prison system. What sense does that make? Absolutely none

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You really believe that? You think without your troops we would have not been able to resist the urge to go to war with ourselves.

You should take a look at your own history, then you'll see who needs to be kept from starting wars...

Do you know why those basis are in Europe? Not to protect Europe, they are there so in theory a nuclear war could be fought on Europe soil and not on American soil. That was and I guess still is the plan.

You are all so conditioned into seeing everything that the US does as a benefit for the world. The rest of us, who have not been subject to your countries conditioning, can see the reality for what it is...

Nothing will ever change until you can snap out of apathy that the extreme patriotic brainwashing you are daily subjected too has caused. Time to swallow the pride and fix the problems, if the German citizens had done that in the 1930's WWII would not have happened. Be aware of your history, or you are bound to repeat it....

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

What a defensive reply, especially when you agree with the EU...I think we have far more in common than not, so no need for the defensive anger.

Oops that was an impulsive post, sorry for the anger. I apologise..
In principle, I agree with you about the passive observer. However the thought of uprising is scary when you consider that all the govt has to do is label them (the people) as terrorists and before you know it you're behind bars. So instead of passive observers I'd go with repressive observers...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So lets send all the prisoners we dont execute over to europe because our freakin prisons are overpopulated and I think people with life sentences should be put down anyway, whats the point of them sitting there for 40yyears? Waste of money

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
So lets send all the prisoners we dont execute over to europe because our freakin prisons are overpopulated and I think people with life sentences should be put down anyway, whats the point of them sitting there for 40yyears? Waste of money

Well, I seriously doubt that will be an acceptable bill fo rthe EU..

Seriously, I would really like to know where the viable solution is for executing these murderers. Like I stated, I'm not a big death penalty proponent, but I haven't heard any viable solutions. Our system is already over crowded and is very much a drain on tax payers here in the states.

Anti-death penaly propnents want to exacerbate that by just given murderers life sentences? Supported by who?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke

I'm british and against the death penalty. I do believe that what the US does is it's own business (applies to any other country equally) but it's a little disturbing that you would end someones life just to save money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join