It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Neo-Cons kill Ron Paul if these straw poll results continue?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Maybe the electronic voting machines are thier ace in the hole and they are still confident they can get Rudy, Mitt, or Hilary in without a problem, but you would think they are starting to get really annoyed by Ron. The media have done everything they can to drown him out but it does'nt seem to matter because The Revolution has begun and it's powered by the people. This is getting really interesting.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DrPaulisENKI]

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DrPaulisENKI]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If they cant discredit him through the media then yes, they will kill him.
And its not the 'neo-cons'. It goes much deeper than that.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i thought mitt romney won the iowa straw poll...
who is ron paul, i don't think i ever heard of him. i'm guessing repub since you mentioned neo-cons...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Here are the results of Ron Paul's landslide wins in the New Hampshire Straw Poll and the Alabama Straw Poll.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

holy crap! he totally spanked everyone else! who is this guy and why is he such an unknown? let me guess....www.ronpaul.com...got it

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
well, i wanted to like this guy but i checked out his voting record (which is how you can tell the difference from what they say they will do and what they actually do after they're elected)
and off the bat i noticed a few things that i didn't like.

1.he voted down the law to keep underage children from going across state lines and have an abortion WITHOUT notifying the parents...i dont know about you but if my under age daughter went to the brdering state to have anabortion and no one told me about it i would be pissed.

2. he is weak on national security, voted against the surveillance program that would allow us to spy on OVERSEAS conversations with suspected terrorists.

3.he voted against the flag desecration act...i think we are the only nation that allows idiots to piss on and burn our flag. say what you will but to some of us the flag still means something and it is not just a piiece of cloth with colored stripes.

4.he is totally weak on gun ownership and will probably be the first one in line to turn in his weapons to the foreign troops.

too many more to list, here is the link, look them up your selves if you think im making this up:

www.vote-smart.org...

as for me...i will not vote for him. sorry fellas, i rreally did want to like this new, unknown hopeful

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
he is totally weak on gun ownership and will probably be the first one in line to turn in his weapons to the foreign troops.

Really? x = yes on the NPAT page: www.vote-smart.org...

X d) Ease procedures on the purchase and registration of firearms.
X e) Repeal all bans and measures that restrict law-abiding citizens from owning legally-obtained firearms.
X f) Allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms that are legally owned and registered.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

voted to allow gun manufacturers to be sued for injury or death caused by being shot by their weapon.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by darkheartrising

You've taken a slice of S 397 and paraphrased. Please show through links/quotes how Ron Paul is weak on gun rights. I've already shown how he is strong on the issue. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

you know i would take the time and find it again but besides feeling lazy i just remembered that we are not supposed to get into political debates and stuff...thanks for the heads up on ron paul tho, he sounds like a nice guy. and he is on the right track...of course there is no "perfect" candidate is there?...wait...what if Michael Savage ran???

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

3.he voted against the flag desecration act...i think we are the only nation that allows idiots to piss on and burn our flag. say what you will but to some of us the flag still means something and it is not just a piece of cloth with colored stripes.

Ahhh how the hypocrisy drips from your statement.
As a 3rd generation infantryman and combat veteran I assure you there is noone that respects the flag more than I.
However, your opinion that it should be illegal to do what ever you want with your flag flies in the face of freedom.
Freedom is the very core of what the flag stands for.
Every American, ney, every person in the world, should be free to express their displeasure with American policies by doing what ever they want to the flag.
A flag is not a nation and a nation is not a flag.
If I spend my money on a flag and then I want to burn it, thats my prerogative, and your desire to legislate morality and personal choice is as anti-American as they come.
I tell you the real problem facing the flag today, besides misguided patriots like yourself, is the backwards flying of it.

www.fixourflag.org...

THAT is a disgrace and dishonor being perpatrated by men that should know better, but then again, it fits right into the bizzarro world that we have become.

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

what if Michael Savage ran???

You obviously know nothing of Micheal Weiner

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 11Bravo

well i guess we can agree to disagree on the flag desecration issue i know some people feel different in this day and age but i guarantee you that if some members of the greatest generation saw YOU desecrating our flag in their day you would have been held in very low regard...ney..they would have kicked your ass.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 11Bravo

Hey Bravo I read somewhere that Ron Paul is doing really well with funding from Veterans groups. What is it that they/you see in him? ....Just curious T.I.A.

thespinfactor.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 11Bravo

i listen to savage every chance i get.
i do agree with you on the backwards flag WTF???

but i don't like this trend i'm seeing lately with all these ex armed forces-turned liberals out there attacking our military..hey the military wasn't for you, fine, go away and let them do their job. thank you

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
darkheartrising.

I think why people out there would like Ron Paul is because he is not affraid to lay down the guns. to take action against fear you ultimately become the aggressor. Ron knows this.

Im not sure but I believe Ron Paul makes a point to vote against anything that infringes on the US constitution or he does not vote at all... either way i cant remember.

But it doesn't matter. He said he wants to do away with the IRS. that was his undoing. now he will be buried in the media, and if that fails, and he gets voted in, then im sure they are sitting on some sort of impeachment material just in case. If that fails and he pulls a Clinton in the approval ratings, then they might kill him.

Kennedy made an order 'exective order 11110' that is still in effect just not being used. Any adjustments that Ron Paul makes to the status quo will find a similar fate.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

thank you for explaining that. i did not know he felt like that about the illegal IRS system. i agree with him on this point but i also think you're right, if he wins, sadly he won't last long.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If the Neocons don't get him it will be the Death Dealers from the Federal Reserve or IRS that do. The last President to place their recepticle on the Fed died in a place in Texas in a Hail of bullets.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Couldn't resist stepping in here. I won't claim to know even half the facts. But if I waste my time voting for anybody, it will be for Ron Paul. There is something so decent about this man. He gives me hope, that I haven't felt in awhile.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DrPaulisENKI

Naw, the election is already fixed.

Look at the Iowa caucus results. 26,000 people paid $35 registration fee to vote yet only 14,000 votes were tallied.

Seems strange that 12,000 would show up and pay $35 and not even bother to vote. Not to mention the results were odd considering there were more Ron Paul signs than any other (yet Ron Paul finished 5th)

cycloneconservatives.blogspot.com...

Oh and for the person who posted asking who Ron Paul is...

Ron Paul is a medical doctor. He has never once voted for a tax increase. He voted against the Patriot Act. He voted against the Iraq war. He will abolish the Federal Reserve and the IRS and the CIA if elected.

The man follows the Constitution.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by admriker444]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join