It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran president: Israel flies Satan's flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

We can either take action to remove the threat now, wait for the Israelis to do so, wait for Iran to supply nuclear weapons to terrorist organisations and retaliate in the aftermath of a major terrorist attack that would make 9/11 look like child's play, or simply do nothing and hope for the best.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

This is the bones of the situation today.The above quote is unfortunately a concise and accurate description of where we are at NOW,whatever the preceeding circumstances may be.
The sad but true reality we live in is that a war with Iran is becoming an ever nearer shadow on the horizon.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The Devil You Say

Maybe he was just upset because he saw this flying over Jerusalem the other day...

The Israelis really need to stop buying their flags from The Stentorian.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

XD i apologize for the one liner but that is the funniest thing i have heard OR seen in a long time.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

or how about the threat of nuclear unilateral destruction that israel keep threatening weekly.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by talon
what has iran got that the US want?

a new front and land to propagate western doctrine and democracy, a next step in conquering the world?

This is true. I think Iran would be a better model democracy for the middle east then Iraq.

the Iranian people share alot of the same values that we here in america do. They are just under the control of extremism. I think Eventually the people of Iran topple there government.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
As a peaceful result to come from all of this vanishes like that "last gas station sign for 300 miles" we can surely expect some interesting yet Negitive situations to prevail from this lil stand off we have going.

Why does Iran's Prez keep talking shight, Yet the Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei isnt going on record as saying things, yet He speaks alot of trash about countries in his speaches, and services.

Almost Seems the Prez is eggin a war/ conflict so he can get his countries "troubled souls" to become martyrs, and/or fight and back him completely like they say in their "prophecy"

Honestly, once we see this horrid event unfold into action, Im sure it could start a chain reaction of " Oh, so and so is busy fighting so and so, lets Hit em, Or Lets invade while their busy"

Its just a matter of time before life is understood by all who watch this happen. Race and Religion shouldnt be a fact anymore seeing how each and every sect has shown some pretty Untastful objectives in their History of Living, And should show that it doesnt matter who you are, You can Still royaly Screw up freewill, free food, free shelter, free air and free thinking.

So acceptance and adaptation will always prevail and lead to growth.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Have you consulted with the Israelis on this as well?

Good point, I don't think the Israelis will be held back.

However I doubt the Israelis are capable of executing an attack sufficient to derail the Iranian nuclear program by themselves, and there is the fact that Iran would almost certainly retaliate for any attempt, albeit in a limited fashion.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
And yes, no matter what you may think, there is still some vestige of popular control held over the US Government, and if they face strong enough political opposition to an attack on Iran, there will be no attack.

Have you consulted with the Israelis on this as well?

The threat of a nuclear armed Iran is a bit more immediate than that of Russia, Pakistan and North Korea. However point taken.

You are possibly correct, there may be no attack on Iran, I don't see how preemptive strikes alone would be effective, an all out war would be a more likely scenario. However waiting for the Iranians to make the first move could be the way it comes about. I suppose a wait and see attitude will prevail, the implications of doing that could be worse than taking action to eliminate the threat now.

Ultimately, only time will tell.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

Remember this day that i sayd it lol, the war with iran will not start from her, it will start with syria attacking israel borders,iran plays lebanon and syria like a damn hand puppet,watch and see, syria will attack becouse of some rediciolues reason, and iran will say "hey someone is bitting my gf, WTF?, and so on...wait and see

btw, hezzbullah leader nasrallah said a few days ago in a cuted audio tape that he is "only a little soldier of haminai (the spiritual leader of iran)"...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The uneducated think that this also includes wanting their land etc too. There is no one in America that wants any physical part of that dust bowl, but we do want what is best for us and that is a stabilized region over there, but that is the last thing a few of those countries want.

Who's really uneducated here? That land is very useful if your plan is to encircle China and Russia, also, the elite want continuious war, not stabilization. I agree that the people of every country in the world want peace, stabilization and liberty.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

yea its called the world trade organization aka the NWO you think that the cowardly democratic congress and soon a cowardly FDR type president will do anything help iraq or stop iran neh no chance deal with this thought that we are destined to be destroyed by the cowardess that these self proclaimed patriots show me when they say just pull out and you act like these soldiers are doing this for nothing they know better i have friends in the military and people spit on there fathers when they came home from veitnam which in terms of body count we didnt lose. few people 3500 killed in iraq more people are killed within the united states than over seas but this is about iran not iraq so in terms of iran lets just take them out except this time instead of helping rebuild we leave their country in a pile of rubble what noone realizes is that we are fighting WW3 and have been for the past 6years

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Emperor_Zod]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Israel condemned Ahmadinejad's statements as inimical to international peace and stability.

Iran doesnt care, they oviously want war.

"He threatens not only Israel but poses a clear and present danger to the international community as well."

This president of Iran takes no shiat from anyone
somethings going to go down....

www.antiwar.com...

[edit on 18-8-2007 by burnthemonkeyz1]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
seeing as Iran always call the US and Israel spawns of saten
and the US and Israel call Iran the axis of Evil

may i ask so what?

....with the very (sarcastic tone on)"small" (sarcastic tone off) difference that Israel and the United States do not call constantly for the destruction of Israel and Israel's allies.....

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Israel was the standard bearer of Satan

satan=antichrist

last i heard jewsih people still don't except jesus christ as their saviour... or did miss something? I don't get FOX News on the moon...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

or how about the threat of nuclear unilateral destruction that israel keep threatening weekly.

You mean the "threats of destroying Israel and it's allies that IRAN keeps making weekly?

Let's see.... The Iranian regime had a secret nuclear weapons program for 18 years and was claiming to the world they weren't even researching into peaceful nuclear programs......

The Iranian regime has it's president and many of the high rank clerics and other high ranks in the regime calling for the destruction of Israel and it's allies....

Then a high ranking Iranian cleric declares a fatwa that the Koran allows for Iran to "use" nuclear weapons "if the rest of the world has them"....

Then you get the Iranian apologetics claiming for years "Oh the Iranians only want a peaceful nuclear weapons program"....

When it has been clear more and more that the Iranian reimge is going after, if they don't already ahve nukes, the Iranian apologetics claim "oh, but Iran has the right to nuclear weapons, everybody else has them"....

And of course the Iranian apologetics keep dismissing the fact that the Iranian regime keep coming up with threats about the "destruciton of Israel and it's allies is close at hand"....

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtrozeroSince the vast majority of that region is very uneducated or very doctrine driven in their education the power of control is to have someone to hate so the vast majority of the population will unite under those powers.

Sounds like you could be talking about the United States here. Only in addition to pulling the wool over the eyes of the uneducated populace, the wool was pulled over the eyes of the educated populace of the U.S. as well. WMD plus Saddam Hussein plus Osama Bin Laden as the face of terrorism equaled enough to wage war with Iraq. To many, waging war with Iraq seemed counterintuitive to the so-called "War On Terror", but through in a little WMD propaganda along with the deliciously "evil" persona of Saddam Hussein, and an added a pinch of "You're either with us or against us" rhetoric made for a perfect recipe to get support for invading Iraq post 9/11. It helped tremendously that the "evildoers", Hussein and Bin Laden, lived in the same neighborhood and could be linked together just because of that fact.

Anyway, it seems that, for better or for worse, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is doing a fine job of demonizing himself rather than leaving it up to foreign leaders. He seems to make many statements for the sole purpose of keeping the control of his image out of the hands of foreign leaders. No one is going to buy that he's a good guy anyway, so, why try to promote an image that foreign leaders and nations are unlikely to accept. He draws the line rather than waiting for others to do it. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, The United States, and Israel are all guilty of practicing and promoting politics of division.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Without preemptive strikes what we have is a waiting game.

Iran could gain more support, technologies, and weaponry advancements, all while threatening Israel and the USA.

What assurance can Iran give that nuclear weapons will not end up in the hands of terrorists, to be used on primarily civilian targets in either or both the USA and Israel?

Some have argued that far too much time has been wasted on diplomacy with Iran. Has it?

They seem very bold, threatening, while having so much US military power so close to them. They also may be under the assumption that the US will not launch any preemptive strikes on their nuclear facilities because of the failures in Iraq, and the loss of support for military action in the Middle East from the American people. Perhaps they should fear the Israelis more. Do you believe the Israelis will also wait for Iran to amass a nuclear weapons arsenal?

Then again, we never did find those really nasty weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, did we?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

What assurance can Iran give that nuclear weapons will not end up in the hands of terrorists, to be used on primarily civilian targets in either or both the USA and Israel?

Iran is suppose to have Bio and chemical weapons
which it never used even when the Iraqis used them On iranians

kind of funny if it was Iraq using Bio weapons against the US it would have prob been turned to glass.

anyhow thats a diffrent topic

Iran already have WMDs which they could have easily given to Liberation fighters/terrorists what ever you want to call them. since these weapons attack flesh and blood and not buildings, if Iran Really wanted israel destroyed they would use that to keep the area ontact and inhabitable. and not a nuclear waste land.

they havent attacked a nation (Iraq self defence)

Threats against the US, only in self defence

Israel more of a political and gain support from Palistain pro people
just like the jewish lobby group in the US who get the US to spend Billions in Israel.

so on your question how can they prove that. simple show their track record when it comes to such weapons

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Without preemptive strikes what we have is a waiting game.

Iran could gain more support, technologies, and weaponry advancements, all while threatening Israel and the USA.

Some have argued that far too much time has been wasted on diplomacy with Iran. Has it?

They seem very bold, threatening, while having so much US military power so close to them. They also may be under the assumption that the US will not launch any preemptive strikes on their nuclear facilities because of the failures in Iraq, and the loss of support for military action in the Middle East from the American people. Perhaps they should fear the Israelis more. Do you believe the Israelis will also wait for Iran to amass a nuclear weapons arsenal?

Then again, we never did find those really nasty weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, did we?

All nations of the West have risen to prominence through war or threat of war. Maybe Iran is taking a page out of the West's play book, and simply wants to be recognized as a nation that cannot be bullied. Obviously Iran needs to work itself into the economic machinations of the West, but at the same time it doesn't want to become subordinate to the policies of the West.

Information flows and so if terrorists are after nuclear technology, I think it's a good bet that they are, then they are going to get it sooner or later. It's not certain that terrorists will not acquire nuclear technology from a Western state, so the answer to the question as to how terrorists will acquire it is uncertain. Russia never used its nukes, so perhaps Iran will not use theirs, if they have any. The U.S. has. But I understand the concern because no ones knows for sure if Iran has the infrastructure to protect and contain the flow of nuclear information and technology, it almost seems as if it is biting off more than it can chew.

I don't know what Israel is going to do. I don't know what the U.S. is likely to do either. It's a tough situation for both countries and Ahmadinejad knows it. It's unclear what he's playing for. The U.S. is writing checks against debt and Israel doesn't want to kick start a war that destabilizes either the U.S. or itself. Who will profit from a war with Iran? Most likely only China will. I mean, if nukes go off I don't think it's going to be just one or two nukes going off, I think it'll be several, and theres no telling, like someone mentioned earlier, what Russia might do in that situation. Maybe the U.S. homeland would emerge unscathed as far as a direct attack is concerned, but what about Europe? However I look at that scenario it doesn't paint a pretty picture for any western country, other than perhaps Russia, should a nuclear conflict occur with Iran.

There's nothing wrong with not finding WMD, in my opinion. I hope we keep on not finding them. I guess Iran is a Pandora's box of sorts. We don't know what's likely to happen as a result of a preemptive strike or waiting it out. It's as if whatever we do, the United States and Israel, that we are interfering with the process of Iran. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad seems to think so. This is definitely a crazy situation. It probably would have been better if the U.S. went after Iran first. At least we know, in retrospect, that we wouldn't have found any WMD in Iraq -- crazy as that sounds.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Another idot who want to hide in cave and holes, in the end who loose "the common people.

anyway I just started this new threat let me know what you think
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

I really and honestly think that Iran has at least 2 or 3 nuclear weapons and the systems to deliver them - and if israel strike first they can retaliate in kind.

Me too.

But!! A few "primitive" nuclear missiles could be easily shot down by the joint U.S./Israeli missile defenses in the region. These defenses are Patriot missiles, newer versions of the Patriot, and an entirely different missile that shoots down other missiles who's name I do not have. Plus Israel has their own, too.

So anyway, considering how easily the SCUDs came down in the Gulf War of the early 90's, I'd expect any small barrage of a "couple of low yield nukes" or primitive nukes in their design and delivery to be shot out of the sky, anything less than Russian Intercontinental quality is just going to be not good enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join