It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Bishop Tells Christians to Call God 'Allah'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am offended that a "man of God" wold call for me to call my LORD and Savior anything synonymous with pagan religions. There is a special place in hell for those who purposely lead God's children astray.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyj78

Very nice job here.Allah is a pagan moon god.......however, Ismael was NOT hebrew.........by hebrew tradition he was Eqyption the gene pool of his mother..........

Hebrew didn't start for a couple more generations.......

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyj78

Did you read my reply?

Do tell us, what does "Allah" mean.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by astmonster
Allah is a pagan moon god.......

Seriously, who started this nonsense? Everyone who is too lazy to do their homework or gullible enough to be duped by propaganda seem to be parroting this line...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TJ144
Some people have a tendency to become a bit too concerned about the name of God. On one hand this is understandable, because many cultures, such as the Jews and many Eastern people realize that a name carries power. Therefore they feel that if they had the correct name for God, they would have greater access to the power of God.

No, that would be paganism. The God of the Bible, if you bothered to actually research a topic, has many names. Each name describes an aspect of himself. Knowing Gods name would give us no power whatsoever. And I don't know any 'Believer' who thinks knowing Gods 'real' name would mean anything.

The reality of the situation is that because people are trapped in such a low state of consciousness, God simply cannot run the risk of releasing his true name to the people on this planet. That is why you will see that no religion has the actual name of God. Some of the oldest spiritual teachings on this planet are the Vedas, and they give the name of God as Brahman. However this refers to the power of God and is not the actual name of God, even in the original Sanskrit.

The ideaof consciousness raising/lowering is nothing more than new age claptrap for opening your mind to any thing that sounds good. Forget truth or reality, just believe. Ridiculous as usual.

When Moses asked for God's name, he was given a name that is often translated as “I am that I am.” However, the real translation should be “I will be who I will be.” In other words, God did not say “I am” and then give his name. God simply said “I am, and that is all I am going to tell you about myself.” God also said that at any given moment, he will be who he decides to be at that moment. In other words, God reserves the right to change himself regardless of human desires for an unchanging God.

Wrong again!! As you put in your post, God said ' Iam that I am'. And now, I will repeat what that means. 'I am everything I need to be and need nothing outside of myself to exist, immutable, unchangeable, inalterable'. Incredible just how ignorant one person can prove themselves to be in one post. God Himself says he is the unchanging one. Every attribute of God is fully formed and in full effect at all times. He does not vary, He does not falter. The following words apply to God at all times: Omniscent ( all knowing ), Omnipresent( ever present at all times ), Omnipotent ( all powerful ). There is nothing God doesn't know, no place God doesn't exist and no GOOD deed God can't do. The only thing God is incapable of doing is evil. Everything God does balances all His attributes perfectly for the perfect outcome according to His will. Evil, as it exists in the world, is because mankind sins. Acts against the will of God.

If you want to truly know the reality of God, you need to let go of your fears and your desire to put God in a little box where he can never change. If you want to know God, you need to know God as a living god who is constantly creating and transcending himself. In fact, you can know God only if you are willing to constantly transcend yourself.

Therefore, do not be too attached to a particular name for God. Instead, go within the innermost part of your being and seek to attain at direct experience of the living Being of God.

Anyone who does what the above sentences suggests, will only open themselves to demons and heresy. The Bible is the guide to knowing God. It requires study and due diligence and prayer to grasp what is written therein. Above all God has to give you the ability to understand what is written, to see the deeper meanings and spiritual lessons which fill the Bible. If you truly seek the truth, humble yourself before God and ask that He will reveal The truth about Himself and What He wants you to do with the life you have. Many people at some time in their life wonder what this life is about, the why are we here question. The answer is in the Bible, you have to truly want the truth for it to be found.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join